Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th February 2016, 14:51   #11  |  Link
slavanap

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Right. I did a test, and my method doesn't work.

[EDIT] Just tested with your method and it doesn't work either. The computer goes to sleep when it is encoding. I'm puzzled.

[EDIT2] Tried again today, because yesterday Windows Update was working in the background, and it may have influenced the result, but I have the same result now. The computer goes to sleep anyway. So, it appears that either BlockSleep doesn't work, or there is something special with cmd.exe. Could it be because cmd.exe is loaded from system32 and is therefore a 64-bit program, but the main x264 process is 32-bit? Anyway, the CMD window is not closed, so I assume that its process remains active, and BlockSleep should work. I don't understand.
Well, let's figure that out. I guess, this info will be useful to other users that's why I post in in the thread instead PMing you.

Please, run "powercfg -requests" under administrator 2 times (when blocksleep is running and when it's not) and post its output or PM it to me. "powercfg -requests" shows what processes/drivers/etc. blocks computer to go sleep. Moreover, if you're using a notebook, then go to "Explorer -> right click Computer -> Manager -> expand Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System" and see if there're recent messages with source UserModePowerService coming and what process generates them. Note, when this message appears, then sleep timer resets, so your computer may never go to sleep or go to sleep by explicit external call (which still logs in Event Log). Usually, some third-party notebook related programs can influence Windows power settings behavior.

[ADDED] I have this output (first is for running blocksleep, second if it's not running). Btw, don't forget to check your selected power plan settings.
P.S. Here's a thread @ sevenforums that shows how to deal with issue when auto sleep does not work.

Last edited by slavanap; 4th February 2016 at 15:08.