Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 17th November 2011, 13:19   #18461  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I have no plans at this time to write my own player. There are for more important things to consider, like all those features documented on my issue tracker ... a list that isn't really shrinking!
Old 17th November 2011, 20:16   #18462  |  Link
bozek

MPC-HC BE mod has been brought up to scratch. The 3835 build can be snatched from xvidvideo.ru

Now maybe we can get it included in the SVN, cant we?
Old 17th November 2011, 20:59   #18463  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozek View Post
MPC-HC BE mod has been brought up to scratch. The 3835 build can be snatched from xvidvideo.ru

Now maybe we can get it included in the SVN, cant we?
It won't made to the SVN by itself, someone who can make patch against most recent revision should submit it to underground78 or tetsuo55 or xhmikosr
Old 18th November 2011, 13:11   #18464  |  Link
Mercury_22

Internal H264/AVC DXVA decoder still has BIG problems playing H264/AVC interlaced files while the NON-DXVA H264/AVC internal decoder has no problem with the same files
Can someone please take a look at this and fix this Interlaced problem once and for all

Sample

Last edited by Mercury_22; 18th November 2011 at 13:13.
Old 18th November 2011, 17:52   #18465  |  Link
JanWillem32

No problems here, the video is really heavy though, I need to disable some of my regular filters to run it properly without glitches. The first part is marked as "TV"-like interlaced 50 fps, the second part forces a weave deinterlacer (for 25 fps). http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...board01ks.jpg/

Last edited by JanWillem32; 18th November 2011 at 18:01.
Old 18th November 2011, 19:29   #18466  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanWillem32 View Post
No problems here, the video is really heavy though, I need to disable some of my regular filters to run it properly without glitches. The first part is marked as "TV"-like interlaced 50 fps, the second part forces a weave deinterlacer (for 25 fps). http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...board01ks.jpg/
First you're using your build so... but even so don't you get green spots and corruptions at the beginning of the file ? after that the file plays "better" (not perfect) for me too

EDIT Using "Video Render" instead of EVR or EVR-CP solved the problem so the culprit it's the combination of Internal H264/AVC DXVA & EVR or EVR-CP; any other combination e.g. EVR-CP and other decoder (e.g. Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoder) or internal DXVA decoder and "Video Render" it's working fine

P.S. I just tested your build too (default settings) and the problem it's still there (at the beginning mostly )

Last edited by Mercury_22; 18th November 2011 at 19:46.
Old 18th November 2011, 20:02   #18467  |  Link
JanWillem32

I only get some lag from starting up the deinterlacer: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/grgrd.jpg/ . After that, everything is pretty normal. I don't have any visible corruption on screen. I've also tested the trunk build, it's pretty much the same. It's only really bad with initialization of scheduling. (It drops 5 frames on start, lags for quite a lot of frames after that, even while I'm not even using the heavy "VSync" or flushing options).
Old 18th November 2011, 20:31   #18468  |  Link
Mercury_22

For me this is how it starts http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...apturegts.png/ but then it gets better (but not perfect/good) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...apture2md.png/ while using Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoder this is how it starts and continue http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/capture3gr.png/

Last edited by Mercury_22; 18th November 2011 at 20:34.
Old 18th November 2011, 20:42   #18469  |  Link
judelaw

MBAFF... with ffdshow dxva and internal dxva decoder on ATI - almost always artifacts. It's normal
Old 18th November 2011, 20:56   #18470  |  Link
JanWillem32

That looks like the driver performs a zero-fill, as Y'CbCr {0, 0, 0} is a dark green: http://multimedia.cx/eggs/yuv-and-rgb/ . Normally, if a reference frame is missing, the driver first assumes a black frame (Y'CbCr {0, 128/255., 128/255.}), and then tries to patch things up with the partial-temporal image data in the delta frames. That's probably what's happening in my case and with the other decoders, but it's hard to test with such a dark first scene. I don't really know what part in the EVR DXVA chain could cause this.
Old 19th November 2011, 22:18   #18471  |  Link
bozek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
It won't made to the SVN by itself, someone who can make patch against most recent revision should submit it to underground78 or tetsuo55 or xhmikosr
I PM'd about it but he hasn't responded... Anybody in touch with Alexins, elsewhere perhaps?
Old 19th November 2011, 23:03   #18472  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

I think the best place to find some devs is an IRC channel... unfortunately I forgot where it is located, maybe on freenode.
Old 20th November 2011, 01:19   #18473  |  Link
Tom Keller

Since it's been a month and none of the builds to date solves my problem:

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...ostcount=18272

... i simply ask again :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Keller View Post
I've got a strange behavior with Haalis Video Renderer, after going from (x86) build 1.5.3.3677 to build 1.5.3.3734. While using Haalis Renderer, the MPC-HC starts with a black screen. The playback is running fine (according to the audio output, the slider and timecode) - there's simply no video output visible. But when using the slider to jump through the video, i'll suddenly get an output .

(...)

Is it reproducible for others? Was there any change from build 1.5.3.3677 to build 1.5.3.3734, which could possibly lead to this kind of problem ?
Old 20th November 2011, 09:28   #18474  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron2000 View Post
I too experienced jumping problems with the BE builds.
Instead of jumping forward, it jumps back to the time when the jump is initiated.
Can someone also look at the BE mod code and find out why it prevents small and medium skipping from working properly?
or let me know who I can pass the bug along to? It's been four months since I mentioned it and seems like it would be an easy fix.
Old 20th November 2011, 10:50   #18475  |  Link
Octo-puss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Can someone also look at the BE mod code and find out why it prevents small and medium skipping from working properly?
or let me know who I can pass the bug along to? It's been four months since I mentioned it and seems like it would be an easy fix.
I believe it's been less than a week since someone clearly stated BE is something completely different and not "supported" here at all - which kinda makes sense, given the mod part.
Old 20th November 2011, 14:48   #18476  |  Link
VipZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
This bug isn't from the GUI part of the BE mod, but the ffmpeg/swscale changes I think. Using the patch/builds from Blitzker posted has no such issues.
Old 20th November 2011, 23:32   #18477  |  Link
bozek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octo-puss View Post
I believe it's been less than a week since someone clearly stated BE is something completely different and not "supported" here at all - which kinda makes sense, given the mod part.
The way I see it the BE mod aint that different from the 'official' release. From my point of view I spotted three key features that make it a better player than the classic one:

1. cute, round and border-less window
2. ability to force 0-255 Output Levels on FFmpeg
3. different set of icons for different filetypes

I'm kind of surprised MPC-HC still uses the ancient win98 look... As for #2 and #3, they shouldn't be that hard to care of either, right?

EDIT: I'm not experiencing the jumping problem any longer. I believe it was fixed several builds ago ;-)

Last edited by bozek; 20th November 2011 at 23:37.
Old 20th November 2011, 23:34   #18478  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octo-puss View Post
Yeah I know, but with talk of merging the code I figured it was a good idea to bring it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipZ View Post
This bug isn't from the GUI part of the BE mod, but the ffmpeg/swscale changes I think. Using the patch/builds from Blitzker posted has no such issues.
It's your lite builds I'm interested in, any chance you could look into it sometime? Thanks.

*Actually don't worry your build is working fine for me*

Last edited by ryrynz; 21st November 2011 at 08:22.
Old 21st November 2011, 01:08   #18479  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

STRING IDS_SHADERS_SELECT_SCREENSPACE can be removed from translation files since it is no longer used. By the way can someone commit our work from https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/ticket/1579 underground78 is on long vacation I guess.
Old 21st November 2011, 03:56   #18480  |  Link
v0lt

@kasper93
RC file is not needed. (\src\apps\mplayerc\mpcresources\mplayerc.pl.rc)

We need a modified TXT file. (\src\apps\mplayerc\mpcresources\text\mplayerc.pl.rc.txt)

to English-speaking
What do you think about renaming?

pre-resize pixel shaders -> frame pixel shaders | frame shaders
post-resize pixel shaders -> screen pixel shaders | screen space shaders | screen shaders
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc