Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Programming and Hacking > Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th July 2022, 19:13   #1  |  Link
bololo

Tool: Matroska-Excisor

Hi,

up to now I always used MKV-Cleaver v0.8.0.0 (newest) to extract streams from mkv-files.
But there are a few things that I did not like at all:

1) MKVCleaver does not know modern codecs (eg AV1 or eac3) . Extracted streams of these types have fileextension ".undefined".
2) a very bad bug when batchextract subtitles: tracks 2-9 are always missing. This was the dealbreaker to create this tool.
3) importing of files could be faster if not using sqlite...
4) I think "extract by language" is more useful than "extract by tracknumber", especially when batch extract a mixed collection.
5) Fast outputdirectory switching is handy
6) Language Filipino seems to be unknown, language is titled as "fil".
7) mkv-cleaver can hardly process files or folders containing unicode-letters, eg ÖÄÜ or 日本語 or かな or カタカナ.
8) drag and drop directories (with subfolders) and gather all mkv-files inside

Because bugfixing and further development of MKVCleaver obviously stopped I just wrote this small tool by myself that fixes/enables all points mentioned above

If you recognize similarities to MKV-Cleaver ... You are absolute right. On purpose I made user interface as close as possible, because I think its convenient.

Its still in beta stage so there may be a few bugs, but I consider the tool as usable.
Feel free to test and use and let me know if you find bugs.

One thing I dont understand is that a check at Virustotal results in warnings by 3 of 58 scanners. I have no idea why, my sourcecode is clean.
If you want, you can also compile it by yourself to be sure - or run the tool in a safe enviroment.

If you want your settings to be saved, the tool needs write permission to its folder. Also of course you need mkvextract.exe (32 Bit) and permission to write into your destinationfolder.
Remember that if you have ransomwareprotection enabled (which you should enable).

Hint:
If I ever stop updating this tool, you can still try to download newest mediainfo.dll (32bit) and replace the old one (make backup). There is a good chance that the mkvexcisor will still work (better) with newer version of mediainfo.dll and your bug maybe fixed, when its from mediainfo.

Downloads:
You will find download link for newest version below in topic.

Sourcecode (Embarcadero C++ Builder 10.2):
http://ul.to/dpmb4bbl
and as attachment to this posting.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z mkv-excisorv.0.0.1-source.7z (12.5 KB, 97 views)
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: png screener.PNG

Last edited by bololo; Yesterday at 07:03.
bololo is offline   Reply With Quote