Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 22nd November 2008, 00:04   #61  |  Link
SuperGoof

"Blu-ray Region Code Remover 2.5" is now available.
SuperGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 20:47   #62  |  Link
malibu08

Hi!

Bekomme immer einen Fehler bei dem Versuch den Code von dem Film "Awake" zu entfernen

Kann jemand helfen !?

It`s done with your help ....THX !!

Special THX to Supergoof for this great tool !!

Last edited by malibu08; 9th December 2008 at 15:10.
malibu08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 22:46   #63  |  Link
ukendt

Kann jemand helfen !?
Yes, someone could help You if You write en english.
Thx!
ukendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 00:50   #64  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Did you read the error text?
The first line of the exception is
Code:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades "M:\Awake\Awake\BDMV\JAR" konnte nicht gefunden werden.
That should ring a bell... no, it must ring a bell.. the program is looking for a directory that does not exist. Since this software only works on ripped discs the next step would be to compare directory listings of the original disc and the ripped copy with special attention to be paid to the contents of the BDMV subfolder - if it is a BD-J disc then it needs to have that folder (that folder is not necessary if you intend to convert the movie to something else so you may have left it out during the ripping process or deleted it again afterwards). If there's no such folder on the original disc, then it looks like an issue with the software.

Oh,naturally it could be something simpler.. is there really a m:\awake\awake\bdmv directory with subdirectories (like auxdata, backup, playlist, stream, etc.)?
Old 9th December 2008, 15:06   #65  |  Link
malibu08

Hi!

I have delete the region code from the movie Awake
now the disc is region free

But the PS3 and PowerDVD 7.3 does not play the movie and say
there is a dismatch between the region code...an so on

What should i do now??

Thx for all your help !!

malibu08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 20:42   #66  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu08 View Post
But the PS3 and PowerDVD 7.3 does not play the movie and say
there is a dismatch between the region code...an so on

What should i do now??
When selecting the region in the program, make sure you select the region of the DISC, not that of the destination player. This is very common mistake that people make: they select the region of the destination player. E.g. if you bought the disc in the USA, select "Region A" from the list regardless what your player is.

If this advise does not help: there are apparently some discs (mainly from Lionsgate) which use some third technique (not that of BDMV script of MovieObject.bdmv file or BD-Java code) for checking the region of the player. This program does not support such discs yet.

Also, thanks for reporting of that error. I did not check it yet, but there might be a bug in the program so that it crashes on discs with no JAR folder. It certainly shouldn't. I'll check this when I have time.
Old 27th December 2008, 01:09   #67  |  Link
azad

@SuperGoof
This might be a little off topic, but maybe you can help.
The Panasonic BD35/BD55 player stops playing BD-R(E)'s when they contain BD-J with the regioncode removed and Java signatures fixed by AnyDVD.
The player seems to check some of the signed Java files.
When I replace the .jar files containing the slysoft Java class and replace the "app.discroot.crt" certificate with a certficiate of a disc where the regioncode has not been removed and no Java signatures were fixed, the disc plays without a problem.
Is it possible to write a tool, or even implement a function into the Region Code Remover which removes the slysoft Java class from the .jar files and sign the .jar files with the certificate stated above?
Old 27th December 2008, 02:02   #68  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by azad View Post
@SuperGoof
This might be a little off topic, but maybe you can help.
The Panasonic BD35/BD55 player stops playing BD-R(E)'s when they contain BD-J with the regioncode removed and Java signatures fixed by AnyDVD.
The player seems to check some of the signed Java files.
When I replace the .jar files containing the slysoft Java class and replace the "app.discroot.crt" certificate with a certficiate of a disc where the regioncode has not been removed and no Java signatures were fixed, the disc plays without a problem.
Is it possible to write a tool, or even implement a function into the Region Code Remover which removes the slysoft Java class from the .jar files and sign the .jar files with the certificate stated above?
Hi,

It is impossible to sign .jar files with original certificate, as this requires that you have the private key corresponding to certificate's public key, which you obviously don't have.

You could report a particular title you have problem with on Slysoft's forum. They might then investigate and fix this. As I don't see why Panasonic doesn't play a disc with .jars fixed by AnyDVD.

Also, did you try fixing .jars with "Blu-ray Region Code Remover"? Maybe Panasonic will like its files beter? Though I doubt it...

Last edited by SuperGoof; 27th December 2008 at 02:05.
Old 27th December 2008, 02:26   #69  |  Link
azad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoof View Post
It is impossible to sign .jar files with original certificate, as this requires that you have the private key corresponding to certificate's public key, which you obviously don't have.
You don't need the original certificate. I just used a certificate from slysoft, but from a disc where the regioncode and the java signatures were not fixed. This certificate is 2 bytes bigger. So there must be a difference to the certificate used with removed regioncode and disabled bd-live.

Quote:
You could report a particular title you have problem with on Slysoft's forum. They might then investigate and fix this. As I don't see why Panasonic doesn't play a disc with .jars fixed by AnyDVD.
There are a lof of people with the bd35/bd55 with playback problems of bd-j "backups". The Pansonic Hotline told us that this is a "feature" and not a problem.

Quote:
Also, did you try fixing .jars with "Blu-ray Region Code Remover"? Maybe Panasonic will like its files beter? Though I doubt it...
Will give that a try. But I still have a lot of backups where I don't have the original anymore and I would like to "repair" them anyway. And not only me.

Last edited by azad; 27th December 2008 at 02:31.
azad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2008, 02:37   #70  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azad View Post
But I still have a lot of backups where I don't have the original anymore and I would like to "repair" them anyway.
You should know this is against rule 6 (as is anyone giving you advice on this topic now).

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2008, 02:57   #71  |  Link
azad

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutach View Post
You should know this is against rule 6 (as is anyone giving you advice on this topic now).

Regards
But I didn't ask for cracks, wares, serials or whatever. And the so called backups are from original BD's I legally bought in a store, so I paid for them. The BD's which I meant that I don't have anymore, got lost in a fire. If my post was mistakable I am sorry.

Last edited by azad; 27th December 2008 at 02:59.
azad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2008, 03:39   #72  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

You don't have the originals any more so there's no question about "backing them up". Either the originals are in your possession and ownership, in which case we can help, or they aren't, in whch case, we can't.

Sorry about the fire, but sad to say, you should have made your backups earlier, when you owned them. Now, your only refuge is to buy them again - I know that hurts.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2008, 18:54   #73  |  Link
khagaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutach View Post

Sorry about the fire, but sad to say, you should have made your backups earlier, when you owned them.
Regards
He obviously created his backups when he had the originals, he just wants to fix them so that they are playable on his player. Rule 6 is such a pain in the ass, not that it's bad, but it's overused/abused too frequently.
khagaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2008, 18:56   #74  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Well.. in the end it is up to me to say how thing goes and I'm afraid if we allow this, then we could just tell everybody with a pirated copy to use this as a template for their excuse why they don't have the original anymore. So... no original no help, period.
Old 4th January 2009, 21:14   #75  |  Link
goofee

Can anyone tell me what the error "count cannot be less than zero" means? Thanks.
goofee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 01:31   #76  |  Link
drmih

I've also just had the count less than zero. Powerdvd is halting with a Region A warning, which can be overcome by resetting the drive to A - the same as if I play the original rather than the files on the drive. I'm just trying to reset the flag so a bd-25 backup will play on my ps3 (Region B), as I think the 'video won't play' and a long error code that that gives is a way of saying the region is wrong.Therefore I'm pretty sure the image on the HDD is set as Region A.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 10:53   #77  |  Link
SuperGoof

Can someone please create a logfile for disc with "count cannot be less than zero" error and use a link in the program to send me or post it here. Thanks.
Old 21st January 2009, 22:10   #78  |  Link
drmih

Sent a log file to your e-mail
Old 24th January 2009, 18:25   #79  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
Sent a log file to your e-mail
Thanks! With the help of your logfile, I have found the source of "count cannot be less than zero" error. Nothing particularly exciting, just SIG-BD00.SF (signature file) inside .jar files on such discs uses char(10) only instead of char(13) + char(10) as new line delimiter. The program does not expect this at all. I will update it soon.
Old 2nd February 2009, 00:35   #80  |  Link
drmih

This seems to be standard on all new Fox releases.