Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 9th January 2011, 18:21   #1  |  Link
Roderick1st

Producing PS3 compatible file with DTS sound sent to AV receiver.

Hi All,

I have a few questions for people who know a lot more than I do about video encoding.

I would like to encode my DVD collection so that it is playable from a DLNA server. I have one file done by someone else which has the .MPG extension. This plays one PS3 and the AV receiver shows DTS audio is being received.

When I create a file in MeGui, I can never get the DTS sound to work at all and the dolby sound track just shows as Multi channel on the amp.

So my question really is, what is the best way to use H264 to encode DVD's for a PS3 and is it possible to pass sound through to the AV receiver for decoding.

Regards,

Rod
Roderick1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 23:31   #2  |  Link
amgeex

What are you using to stream your films? Also, does your reciever support DTS decoding?
amgeex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 01:33   #3  |  Link
Roderick1st

My amp is cabable of dexoding DTS (onkyo 875)

Streaming fro$ a vortexbox (1.7)

As I said a .mpg file that I did not create passes the DTS sound to receiver just none of my H264 rips.
Roderick1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 16:48   #4  |  Link
amgeex

You are using vortexbox to automatically compress your DVD's to H.264? Do you know what settings is vortexbox using for compression? If you could post those it'd be really helpful.

Here's a set of screenshots that show the settings I use for producing BluRay compliant video for playback on my PS3, I think the same settings would work for SD video? I don't see why not, but you should try. Oh, the screenshots are from a program called MeGUI, you can find it here on the forums, it's what I use when I want to compress video.

Screenshots (click them for full size):

amgeex is offline   Reply With Quote