Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 28th February 2018, 11:25   #1681  |  Link
Cedvano

Hi,

For differents reasons, I create my own tsmuxer.
I can mux and demux m2ts. But I would like to integrate more functionalities (like UHD).
UHD m2ts is different to HD m2ts ?

I don't think so, because it's a container.

Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 01:23   #1682  |  Link
ad1mt

tsMuxer error

Hi,
I'm getting an error from txMuxer... see attachment.
If it will help, I can upload a small clip that produces the error.
Mark.
PS... I tried to create a small clip that will reproduce the error, but the clips always work ok. Now I think there might have been an error in the file (its from a TV broadcast stream).
Attached Images

Last edited by ad1mt; 5th March 2018 at 01:50.
Old 12th March 2018, 12:22   #1683  |  Link
winoni71

Hello,
I have hundreds of .ts file that I need to create, each of them are made of 1 video stream (for which I have to change the frame rate) and 2 audio streams (2 different languages).

Is there a way to automatize the process?
Or at least is there a way to make it so that the program automatically detects the languages of the audio files?

All the streams are in elementary form, not in containers.

Thank you.
Old 15th March 2018, 15:27   #1684  |  Link
cherishjoo

Is there a guide on how to use it for me?
Old 16th March 2018, 11:54   #1685  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by winoni71 View Post
Hello,
I have hundreds of .ts file that I need to create, each of them are made of 1 video stream (for which I have to change the frame rate) and 2 audio streams (2 different languages).

Is there a way to automatize the process?
Or at least is there a way to make it so that the program automatically detects the languages of the audio files?

All the streams are in elementary form, not in containers.

Thank you.
tsMuxer is a CLI software (command-line-interface) accepting parameters in the command line. So yes, it can be automatised.
Old 28th May 2018, 19:57   #1686  |  Link
Hart2hart

Splitting and joining via Playlists or transport streams

I've got a couple movies that were made for TV and have closing credits and opening right in the middle :-(

I've used tsmuxer to clip the first half and second half into two files. I am using the join feature and video and audio are good and in sync but the subtitles from the second half do not show. I extracted them and they are in the stream but the timing marks for them at the point of the join gets off by a large factor like its calculating them to be at a position that's off by the length of the second half. It takes the actual position adds some large time segment (looks like it might be the length of the second half) and then starts moving forward so from that point forward they are all off by the same large time segment.

Funny thing is each segment will play audio, video, and subtitles perfectly on their own. Problem is created by the join. Its either a bug or something to do with a time/frame boundary but beyond me without lots of research so hoping someone knows.

Anyone know how to correct this issue preferably with tsmuxer but know a few tools.
Old 28th May 2018, 22:10   #1687  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

If you don't need a specific output format, I suggest to use mkvtoolnix to join the two halfs as one MKV. The subtitles should be in sync.
Old 24th November 2018, 13:20   #1688  |  Link
Richard1485

The Windows version is 2.6.12, but the latest version for Linux appears to be 2.6.11. Is there any chance of an update for Linux?

Old 24th November 2018, 14:27   #1689  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Do NOT use v2.6.11 or v2.6.12 as they have a big bug with the time codes of the subtitle streams of some BDs. AFAIK, v2.6.10 has never been released publicly, so the last known good version is v2.6.9, for Windows and Linux. However, even v2.6.9 has some bugs, notably the association of the subtitles with the 3D-Plane numbers, often wrong. (But this bug affects only the info and the remux of the 3D BDs.)
Old 24th November 2018, 19:39   #1690  |  Link
Richard1485

Yikes! That would have been good to know previously; I thought that the whole point of 2.6.12 was to fix some bugs... Apart from subtitles, is 2.6.12 all right? I used it to make a disc (without subtitles) the other day. Maybe the VideoHelp page should list 2.6.9 as the latest stable version.

Last edited by Richard1485; 24th November 2018 at 23:31.

Old 25th November 2018, 00:11   #1691  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1485 View Post
Apart from subtitles, is 2.6.12 all right?
Well, I use it almost only to demux 3DBDs (for my tool BD3D2MK3D), and I don't know if there are bugs in the muxer operation. The two bugs I have noticed are related to the subtitles, so you should be safe, but I repeat that I don't know if there are other bugs in the muxer part.
Old 25th November 2018, 01:34   #1692  |  Link
Richard1485

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
The two bugs I have noticed are related to the subtitles, so you should be safe, but I repeat that I don't know if there are other bugs in the muxer part.
Yes, I understand. Thanks for the info! It's a shame that the code was never released.

And I think that I've got 2.6.9 working on Linux. There were some error messages relating to the theming of the GUI, but it seems that they're all cosmetic.

Last edited by Richard1485; 25th November 2018 at 13:28.

Old 27th January 2019, 18:21   #1693  |  Link
Hart2hart

tsMuxeR update for 3D blu-ray

Does anyone know or have access to the author of TsMuxer? Could we do a GoFundMe campaign to bring him/her out of retirement to update it for HEVC 4K? It is such great software. Sad to see it become obsolete.

Last edited by Hart2hart; 27th January 2019 at 18:26.
Old 27th January 2019, 18:35   #1694  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart2hart View Post
Does anyone know or have access to the author of TsMuxer?
I've tried here and on his development site where he comes from.
No response ever since, and that was back in... 2016? 2015???

It's a shame, because everyone who's ever touched this program has promised to upload the source but never did.
I think they wanted a very decent version before releasing the code, and weren't much into github as a repository.

Our only hope is to keep trying, and/or grab the last known source code and build (again) from there, with some kind soul willing to do so.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Old 24th March 2019, 07:51   #1695  |  Link
WSC4

With tsMuxeR, it has these options:

--cut-start Trim the beginning of the file.
--cut-end Trim the end of the file.
--split-duration Split output to several files.

Before I can put in these cut times, I need a video player that shows the accurate time of these TS files. I have tried MPlayer and FFplay and the timestamps are way out of sync.
Old 24th March 2019, 10:47   #1696  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

IMO, the best way to see frame-accurate timestamps is to use Avisynth and the AvsPmod editor. You have to write a simple script with the Source command for your video file, then load it in AvsPmod, and you can see the exact timecodes. (Note that some Source filters, notably DirectShowSource, may not be perfectly accurate.)
Old 24th March 2019, 13:11   #1697  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSC4 View Post
With tsMuxeR, it has these options:

--cut-start Trim the beginning of the file.
--cut-end Trim the end of the file.
--split-duration Split output to several files.

Before I can put in these cut times, I need a video player that shows the accurate time of these TS files. I have tried MPlayer and FFplay and the timestamps are way out of sync.
As I know nothing about Avisynth, in order to find the K/I frames I re-mux the video stream into the MKV container and feed the MKV file into VirtualDub2.

VirtualDub2 is able to display the frame types along with time codes... TSmuxer is able to cut very accurately using the saved time codes.
Old 26th March 2019, 03:21   #1698  |  Link
WSC4

Thanks for your help here. Yes, I downloaded VirtualDub2 and it is quite good. I did not need to re-mux to MKV as it loaded the TS video with H.264 AVC format no problem and you can see the time line in milliseconds.

Unfortunately, the problem now is tsMuxeR with the cuts. It can cut the start and cut the end. It does not seem to do multiple cuts. I put this in the meta file: --cut-start=39840ms --cut-end=79640ms --cut-start=160280ms --cut-end=199480ms. It did not work.

I found that VirtualDub2 can cut multiple but will not transcode H.264 AVC files. Any workaround or suggestions please?

Last edited by WSC4; 26th March 2019 at 03:23.
Old 26th March 2019, 10:35   #1699  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSC4 View Post
Thanks for your help here. Yes, I downloaded VirtualDub2 and it is quite good. I did not need to re-mux to MKV as it loaded the TS video with H.264 AVC format no problem and you can see the time line in milliseconds.

Unfortunately, the problem now is tsMuxeR with the cuts. It can cut the start and cut the end. It does not seem to do multiple cuts.
Multiple cuts are not possible with TSmuxer.

In order to remove the opening 'black screen' and 'interlude' in '2001 A Space Odyssey', I had to perform multiple cuts. I took quite a while. I performed the task in reverse order...
Old 30th March 2019, 04:54   #1700  |  Link
WSC4

Just an update and a correction:

I did not test VirtualDub2 properly with frame stepping froward and backwards. With the film paused, clicking the timeline anywhere showed a blotched screen heavily pixelated. The image of the frames is unreadable. Page up and Page down showed the same. I tried a number of TS videos and all did the same.

I then downloaded AvsPmod, installed it and ran the same TS videos. No problems. No blotchy, unreadable pixelated screens when clicking on the timeline or frame stepping forward or backwards.

I tested these videos with other players and no problems with the videos; no blotched pixelation.

What could the problem be with VirtualDub2?
Closed Thread