Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 5th August 2008, 02:32   #1301  |  Link

What is the file and where did you get it?
Old 5th August 2008, 03:06   #1302  |  Link
JediNight

MPEG4 H.264 transport stream with AAC audio. Downloaded it from a torrent (animation).
Old 5th August 2008, 03:19   #1303  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
MPEG4 H.264 transport stream with AAC audio. Downloaded it from a torrent (animation).
You've been around long enough to know about rule 6 and the stickie in the Newbies forum, so struck for rule 6.
Old 5th August 2008, 03:22   #1304  |  Link
JediNight

Apparently I don't I guess, as it's been a long time between visits. I'll go over them again.
Old 5th August 2008, 03:30   #1305  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Why revision number is missing? Which revision did you compile?
Here's a nice clean static build that reports its version number (14612):

http://neuron2.net/misc/ffmpeg.exe

I have tested it against a lot of PAFF streams and while it is an improvement, there are still issues. Michael is still making fixes, so I am going to watch the change log and make new builds when warranted. When I think it worthwhile I will update DGAVCDec.
Old 5th August 2008, 08:21   #1306  |  Link
G_M_C

I think i've encountered a regression; When opening 1 file and processing it, and than in the same instance of DGAVCIndex opening the second file (after closing the first), gives an error here.

It was late last night, so it could be a fault on my side, so i'll test furter tomorrow and let you know..
Old 5th August 2008, 15:11   #1307  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Here's a nice clean static build that reports its version number (14612):
Thanks! You don't know how hard is to find new builds The latest I had was 12K
Old 5th August 2008, 15:35   #1308  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
You don't know how hard is to find new builds
Every time I make a new build for testing, which can be as often as every day, I will upload it to the same link. I just uploaded today's build.
Old 5th August 2008, 16:03   #1309  |  Link
elguaxo

thanks neuron2!
Old 7th August 2008, 12:16   #1310  |  Link
canTsTop

Few questions / feature requests

1. Is there any reason for DGAVC to check version of libavcodec.dll? Can you implement option in ini file to disable libavcodec.dll version check, so we can use different version of libavcodec.dll (compiled from ffmpeg or from ffdshow install)?

2. Is there reason why DGAVCIndex not selects audio track by default, in my case in all my TS recordings there is only one audio track?

3. Better templates management system: something like you can put all your avs templates in dgavcdec\templates folder and they all shown in DGAVCIndex templates menu.

4. Can be done something for preventing audio/video synchronization lost and DGAVCDecode crash for TS recordings with errors? Here is sample http://www.mediafire.com/?7wohntw2ijw
When i play it with MPC+ffdshow it shows corrupted frames (i don't mind it) but wont crash and audio/video synchronization is back after errors.

Thank You
Old 7th August 2008, 12:27   #1311  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by canTsTop View Post
1. Is there any reason for DGAVC to check version of libavcodec.dll? Can you implement option in ini file to disable libavcodec.dll version check, so we can use different version of libavcodec.dll (compiled from ffmpeg or from ffdshow install)?
I have added a feature that DGAVCDec needs: the POC of the decoded frame is returned. Therefore, DGAVCDec cannot work properly with stock libavcodec and I must enforce the version check.

Quote:
2. Is there reason why DGAVCIndex not selects audio track by default, in my case in all my TS recordings there is only one audio track?
I'll put it on the to-do list.

Quote:
3. Better templates management system: something like you can put all your avs templates in dgavcdec\templates folder and they all shown in DGAVCIndex templates menu.
I'll put it on the to-do list.

Quote:
4. Can be done something for preventing audio/video synchronization lost and DGAVCDecode crash for TS recordings with errors? Here is sample http://www.mediafire.com/?7wohntw2ijw
When i play it with MPC+ffdshow it shows corrupted frames (i don't mind it) but wont crash and audio/video synchronization is back after errors.
The crashing I can mitigate with a try/except block. I'll put that on the to-do list. The sync issues are more difficult. The reason MPC can do it is because MPC still has the timestamps in the stream. But when you demux you lose them. It's better I think to preprocess the stream with a tool such as ProjectX. I may write one.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Old 8th August 2008, 13:38   #1312  |  Link
canTsTop

Thank You for answers!

I think ProjectX doesn't support H.264 video, it only demuxe audio file.
Old 10th August 2008, 11:57   #1313  |  Link
lchiu7

ts stream with avc and AAC-HE LATM causes dgavcindex to crash (alpha 30)

Recorded a pretty long stream with the above video/audio. (3 hours). About 20 minutes into the stream dgavcindex just stops responding (Vista) and closes. It always happens at the same place.

After some binary searching found a segment that can cause the following error to occur when scrolling through the file using the program.

Not sure it's related, but trying to break up my recording (14G into smaller segments) dgavcindex will often stop demuxing only part way through the file.

Since it's not easy to upload 14G anywhere(!) I have uploaded 100Mb to this location that at least demonstrates the error illustrated in the image attached (the error occurs when you scroll through the file in dgavcindex). Since this segment contains the part of the file that causes the program to crash, perhaps all the problem are related.

www.datamix.info/libavcodec.ts

Thanks
Attached Images

Old 10th August 2008, 14:43   #1314  |  Link
Naito
Gleitz Team Member

I have trouble indexing a TS-Stream.

When I open my TS (or even the demuxed *.h264), the Preview-Screen stays black. No preview, no PIDs detected.
Trying to create a Project [F4], DGAVCIndex Alpha33 crashes after a few errors (NALU-troubles).

DGAVCIndex <= Alpha20 crashes without saying anything immediately. (F2 -> load *.h264 -> hit OK -> crash)
With Alpha21 to Alpha 23 I barely managed indexing, but only 9 min in the middle of the stream. Loading the *.dga works, though it seems to be broken.
DGAVCIndex >= Alpha 24 the same as Alpha33.

ffdshow Beta5 + Haali + MPC plays the TS flawless.

h264ts_cutter was unable to cut out a the sample, so I used tsMuxeR instead.

Link to the Sample

Including
* 1min Sample from the very beginning (if you need more, let me know),
* output from h264dump of the complete TS-Stream (demuxed with tsMuxeR)
* also MediaInfo-Output from complete TS-Stream
* Screenshots of the Error-Boxes

Old 10th August 2008, 15:15   #1315  |  Link

@Naito

Open DGAVCIndex alpha33. Set the option 'Treat I as IDR'. Then load your TS file.
Old 10th August 2008, 15:39   #1316  |  Link
Naito
Gleitz Team Member

It works! Many thanks neuron2.
Old 14th August 2008, 01:38   #1317  |  Link
rebkell

I have a question about the information Window, If I set it to single step through, I never see any I frames? I was looking at the dga file and it's one of the Hauppauge HD-PVR 1080i captures, and it consistently has an IDR frame every 128 frames, yet I never see it in the information window, I only see B and P. I think I should see an I or IDR frame in the Information window about every 128 Frames?

One other thing, in your documentation for DGAVCIndex, in the Information Panel->Video Section->Frame Type I think you have a typo, it has Intra(I), Predicted(I) or Bidrectional Predicted(B). I assume that should be Predicted(P).
Old 14th August 2008, 04:18   #1318  |  Link

That's a bug. We have field-coded frames with the first field picture of the frame being I and the second being a P. My code is picking up the slice type on the second field instead of the first.

I'll fix it. Thanks for pointing it out.

In default capture mode, there is an IDR at the start only and then an I every 32 frames.

Last edited by Guest; 14th August 2008 at 04:22.
Old 14th August 2008, 15:51   #1319  |  Link

Version 1.0.0 alpha 34

* After loading a file, all detected audio streams are now automatically selected for demuxing.

* Added correct handling for the three aspect ratios added in the latest version of the AVC specification.

* Fixed full path option handling when using the CLI.

* Fixed a problem that caused looping to fail sometimes when the Loop Playback option is enabled.

* Fixed frame type reporting in the Info dialog when the Treat I as IDR option is enabled.

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdec/dgavcdec.html
Old 14th August 2008, 16:06   #1320  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchiu7 View Post
Recorded a pretty long stream with the above video/audio. (3 hours). About 20 minutes into the stream dgavcindex just stops responding (Vista) and closes. It always happens at the same place.

After some binary searching found a segment that can cause the following error to occur when scrolling through the file using the program.

Not sure it's related, but trying to break up my recording (14G into smaller segments) dgavcindex will often stop demuxing only part way through the file.

Since it's not easy to upload 14G anywhere(!) I have uploaded 100Mb to this location that at least demonstrates the error illustrated in the image attached (the error occurs when you scroll through the file in dgavcindex). Since this segment contains the part of the file that causes the program to crash, perhaps all the problem are related.
This one is hard to tackle. I don't see how I can help you unless you give me a stream that causes DGAVCIndex to stop responding.
Closed Thread