Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th July 2014, 21:33   #1  |  Link
killerteengohan

MAA2 not working. There is no function named SangNom2

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/MAA2

This is getting annoying.

I'm getting an error saying that
there is no function named SangNom 2
(MAA2.avsi, line 85)
(MAA2.avsi, line 57)"

I clearly have SangNom2.dll installed and everything needed for it to work.

It works just fine on my other computer and my friends computer and this installation was done the exact same way along with same plugins exactly copied over.

Why would it be giving me this error out of nowhere when put on this computer? Its the same operating systems.

I uninstalled AVISynth and reinstalled it and that didnt fix anything.

Last edited by killerteengohan; 11th July 2014 at 21:39.
killerteengohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 22:44   #2  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Are you using a 64-bit host software? SangNom is 32-bit only. Are you sure the plugins folder is set where you think it is? Check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\AviSynth in the registry, plugindir2_5 should be the folder.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 00:37   #3  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
SangNom is 32-bit only.
Correct, the old SangNom is 32-bit only but the updated SangNom2 comes in 32 and 64-bit.

-----

@killerteengohan

Makes sure you're using the appropriate version of SangNom2. If using 32-bit Avisynth (which is the most commonly used) use the 32-bit SangNom2. Also make sure you are using AviSynth 2.6.0 Alpha5 or AviSynth+ r1576 (64-bit will only work with Avisynth+), it will not work with any older version of Avisynth. I know for a fact MAA2 works, I test scripts and plugins before I add them to the wiki.

Last edited by Reel.Deel; 12th July 2014 at 00:43. Reason: correct link
Reel.Deel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 00:56   #4  |  Link
killerteengohan

Nope Im using 32-bit

Its the exact same filters as on the other computers. Names are all the same, filters are all the same and just copied over. Works fine on the other 3 computers but not this one. All files and programs are exactly the same on all the computers and this is the only one not working. Ive tried reinstalling several times and problem isnt fixed. Installed and copied over to the other computers on the first try and with no trouble but this one doesnt want to work.

I just tried an older version of sangnom2 which is 3.0 instead of 3.5 and it works now, but I want the newer one to work like on my other laptops and my friends computer as well. I shouldn't have to use an older one. I really don't know whats up with this.

Why would it work on 3 other computers no problems at all but this one wants to be a pain? The operating systems are the same.

Last edited by killerteengohan; 12th July 2014 at 00:59.
Old 12th July 2014, 01:03   #5  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Ah, you're missing the runtime. Visual Studio 2012 Runtime. This needs to go in the wiki too.
Old 12th July 2014, 01:09   #6  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Hmmm, that's odd. SangNom2 v0.35 requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (v0.30 is statically built so it doesn't require the runtime dependencies). Maybe that's the problem? I forgot to add that to the requirements on the wiki.

Edit:
Too slow, foxyshadis beat me.

Quote:
This needs to go in the wiki too.
Will do.

Last edited by Reel.Deel; 12th July 2014 at 01:26. Reason: clarity
Old 12th July 2014, 04:24   #7  |  Link
killerteengohan

To my knowledge I already have that package. It downloads in windows update.

EDIT: I tried installing it and it says I already have it and a newer version on my system.

Last edited by killerteengohan; 12th July 2014 at 04:59.
Old 12th July 2014, 04:37   #8  |  Link
TurboPascal7

Try loading the plugin directly with LoadPlugin("path_to_sangnom2.dll"). If it throws 0x7E or 0x7F error then indeed the runtime library is missing/incorrect.
Old 12th July 2014, 04:47   #9  |  Link
killerteengohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboPascal7 View Post
Try loading the plugin directly with LoadPlugin("path_to_sangnom2.dll"). If it throws 0x7E or 0x7F error then indeed the runtime library is missing/incorrect.
I tried that long ago, I just get an error when I try it.

unable to load, error=0x7e

I can get the 0.3 version of Sangnom2 working but not the 0.35 version which is weird because 0.35 works on all my other computers and my friends computer.

I put the 0.3 in where the 0.35 was and it works. I take the 0.3 back out and put the 0.35 in and I get the error listed above.

I know its in the right location, and its the same dll file as on all the other computers. Its even in the same locations.

If the runtime library is missing or incorrect as you say, why does that same exact dll file work on the other computers and not this one?
Old 12th July 2014, 04:52   #10  |  Link
TurboPascal7

0x7E error means the runtime is missing. I have no idea why you have the runtime installed on all other computers and not on this one, but installing it should fix the issue.
Old 12th July 2014, 05:18   #11  |  Link
killerteengohan

Quote:
0x7E error means the runtime is missing. I have no idea why you have the runtime installed on all other computers and not on this one, but installing it should fix the issue.
And where do I get this runtime to install it?

I installed everything the exact same on all the computers and its just this one that wont work with 0.35. I'm finding it a bit hard to believe that I'm missing something when I did the same exact installation steps one computer right after another and the others work fine.

Could it a problem with its compatibility in 64-bit Windows 7? I guess I do have windows theme softwares on this one I don't have on the others.

operating system is 64-bit but I'm only using 32-bit avisynth and sangnom2 plugins.

Could the other computers have a piece of hardware that this one is missing?

Why would 0.35 need this runtime and 0.30 does not?

Last edited by killerteengohan; 12th July 2014 at 05:22.
Old 12th July 2014, 05:22   #12  |  Link
TurboPascal7

Try actually reading the messages in this thread, you might even find a link to the runtime in one of those. Or even two if you look hard enough.
Old 12th July 2014, 09:15   #13  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

If 0.30 works and 0.35 doesn't, something is broken beyond our ability to solve remotely, given that they use the same runtimes. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling them. I could probably figure it out with some process monitor or debugger work, but I've found that's rarely worth the time unless it affect many users.... It's not tp7's fault, sometimes you just screw things up enough that reinstalling is the easiest option, I've been there. When no one else has your problem, it's bound to be a program or setting or the registry on your system.

If reinstalling is anathema (I know the feeling, that's what led me to become a windows expert), you're going to have to learn the guts of your system and sort out what's hooking into your dll load and why. Good luck, it's a hard road, but process monitor, windbg, CFF Explorer/PE Tools, and raymond chen's and mark russinovich's blogs help tremendously.
Old 12th July 2014, 13:28   #14  |  Link
killerteengohan

Quote:
Try actually reading the messages in this thread, you might even find a link to the runtime in one of those. Or even two if you look hard enough.
I did and all I found was a link to a list of errors. Unless your talking about that microsoft package that I cant install because it wont let me saying I already have a newer one installed.
Old 12th July 2014, 13:35   #15  |  Link
killerteengohan

Quote:
If 0.30 works and 0.35 doesn't, something is broken beyond our ability to solve remotely, given that they use the same runtimes. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling them. I could probably figure it out with some process monitor or debugger work, but I've found that's rarely worth the time unless it affect many users.... It's not tp7's fault, sometimes you just screw things up enough that reinstalling is the easiest option, I've been there. When no one else has your problem, it's bound to be a program or setting or the registry on your system.

If reinstalling is anathema (I know the feeling, that's what led me to become a windows expert), you're going to have to learn the guts of your system and sort out what's hooking into your dll load and why. Good luck, it's a hard road, but process monitor, windbg, CFF Explorer/PE Tools, and raymond chen's and mark russinovich's blogs help tremendously.
Well I never said it was tp7's fault, it clearly works just fine on all the other computers so I know its not a bad .dll file. It just didn't want to work on this computer.

I've reinstalled the plugin and avisynth 10+ times trying to figure this out. If your saying reinstall windows 7, yeah I cant do that. I know how but I have too much important data at the moment that I cant just wipe off for a fresh install of windows.

Is the 0.35 even worth this trouble? Is it even any better except for 64-bit support being added? Is it a downfall to just use the 0.30 instead of the .35 like the other ones are using?
Old 12th July 2014, 13:46   #16  |  Link
TurboPascal7

No there's no real difference between 0.3 and 0.35 except linking so you'll be fine with either one.

Until you install some other program that requires vs2012 runtime, of course.
Old 12th July 2014, 13:49   #17  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Uninstall the 2012 Microsoft redistributable package and reinstall this one: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=30679

You can also try Dependency Walker on SangNom2, it'll let you know if your missing something.

Last edited by Reel.Deel; 12th July 2014 at 13:57. Reason: typo
Old 12th July 2014, 14:08   #18  |  Link
killerteengohan

Thanks for the runtime package. While it did not want to install, telling me I have newer version on it yesterday, I tried it again today and it installed this time.

Unfortunately it did not stop the error.

If I cant figure it out then I guess Ill just use the .3 version on this computer since there is no difference in quality output from it and .35 I guess. (At least that's what I'm assuming since tp7 says there's no real difference between the two. I dont exactly know what linking means but I'm assuming something with multithreading in 64-bit)

Ill go ahead and try out that Dependency Walker and see if I notice anything.

If .35 did a better job on the output, I would be more high strung to get this working.

Last edited by killerteengohan; 12th July 2014 at 14:10.
Old 12th July 2014, 14:15   #19  |  Link
killerteengohan

I used the Dependency Walker and this is the results.

Does this help out any?

http://i.imgur.com/S7ZkRl1.png

http://i.imgur.com/bC2qRWM.png

http://i.imgur.com/EGrGDwQ.png

Last edited by killerteengohan; 12th July 2014 at 14:28.
Old 12th July 2014, 14:16   #20  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
I dont exactly know what linking means but I'm assuming something with multithreading in 64-bit).
Linking means how it was built (static or dynamic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel.Deel View Post
v0.30 is statically built so it doesn't require the runtime dependencies

Tags
maa2, sangnom2, sangnom2.dll