Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 12th August 2022, 00:22   #63381  |  Link
tony359

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Filou View Post
While this is true, I'd still rather watch the remastered HD versions even if it means seeing small flaws, than watch 240p downscaled blurred stuff.
Those low def masters looked OK at the time because the displays of the time were also blurrier. Now watching them on a fixed pixel display is horrible.
Oh don't get me wrong, me too! For Star Trek TNG I feel they did a good job - and you just try to ignore the imperfections!
tony359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2022, 00:55   #63382  |  Link
Sunspark

Quote:
Originally Posted by flossy_cake View Post
Damn, maybe I should just give up and try to enjoy the HD versions? I'm looking at S01E01 of Babylon 5 Bluray and that also looks to me like "actors on a set"

Another idea I had was to simply zoom the frame out to a smaller window with MPC-HC's zoom hotkeys, to simulate the smaller size of a CRT. The less I see the more it leaves to the imagination?
It would be more enjoyable to have some weed and see how it is.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2022, 00:59   #63383  |  Link
flossy_cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark View Post
It would be more enjoyable to have some weed and see how it is.
I don't have any weed, just some old CBD oil thats past its use by date. However it seems that taking my glasses off helps.

That's another thing -- optometrists want to prescribe me lenses with 20/20 vision and I feel like that's seeing the world in too much detail. If foreground and background are all in razor sharp focus it feels like information overload sometimes. Some movies are like that where they don't use any depth of field and every scene feels like it's very flat, 2 dimensional and overly detailed.
flossy_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2022, 13:17   #63384  |  Link
Balling

Quote:
Originally Posted by flossy_cake View Post
I don't have any weed, just some old CBD oil thats past its use by date. However it seems that taking my glasses off helps.

That's another thing -- optometrists want to prescribe me lenses with 20/20 vision and I feel like that's seeing the world in too much detail. If foreground and background are all in razor sharp focus it feels like information overload sometimes. Some movies are like that where they don't use any depth of field and every scene feels like it's very flat, 2 dimensional and overly detailed.
CBD + lion's mane + reddening niacin. Yep. I prefer 20/15 contact lenses, when you are young, it is still possible. Even I cannot do 20/13 and 20/10, alas.
Balling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling