Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 30th June 2022, 10:15   #801  |  Link
DTL

"What does bad blocks mean in that context?"

( blocks[i].GetSAD() > nTh1 )
bad (thSCD1) blocks.

I think it is blocks with SAD > thSCD1 .
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2022, 12:53   #802  |  Link
LeXXuz
19 years and counting...

I just checked most of my scripts and they are running with mvtools 2.7.44

I have no idea why I haven't checked this more thoroughly.

I already had pinterf's 2.7.45 in my library, no idea why I didn't use it.

DTL you wrote 2.7.45+ so I guess there is already never version to use?
LeXXuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2022, 15:25   #803  |  Link
DTL

Still no next official release like 2.7.46 from pinterf. With 2.7.45+ I mean post-2.7.45 builds I typically put at https://github.com/DTL2020/mvtools/releases .

I hope someday may be in this or next year it will be more or less merged to pinterf branch and after supplementing and testing finally we will see 2.7.46 or may be even 2.8 release. The number of strategic new features and processing modes continue to increase after first fork in 2021. I think to finish adding most of new features after interpolated overlap I plan to start at this week. But after reading mvtools docs one more time at this year I found MFlow with per-sample processing precision mode and got new idea to test it with MDegrainN frame-operation pipeline (with easy to use multi-mode). So it may be next more or less slow development feature to the MDegrainN. Also all new features added and approved need to supplement with SIMD processing functions for better speed for most or all supported colour formats and at least some commonly used block sizes and bitdepths. Currently only some formats have at least AVX2 execution in addition to very slow C-reference like only YV12 and only 8x8 block size of 8bit for UseSubShift mode of MVPlane (fully working only in MDegrainN now and planned for MAnalyse and other filters to save RAM and/or better speed at some use cases).

Typically that builds are full featured of this and https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=183517 thread described features but most of latest builds are with DX12-ME support and will not load where no DX12 installed (so no Win7 and old). So it is required separate build config to build all-win compatible executable without using DX12-ME mode of MAnalyse but using all new features of MDegrainN for example. The overlap single pass MDegrainN for colour formats are also ready to use after 06.07.22 commits but I still not make release build - you can only build yourself from latest git sources image. I plan to make new release after adding the also very strategic interpolated overlap feature to finally get solution against blockiness at some scenes with no-overlap supported hardware accelerated MAnalyse now.

Also the shader need to be fixed after final runtime subshift of block processing implementation based on old mvtools Wiener kernel - it is delayed because 12.05.22 release have not best but about good working SAD compute shader and fast rebuild of shader still not show better results and need more debug.

Some new features like single pass colour MDegrainN or MVLPF interfiltering are not depend on colour format and block size so expected to work already with all old formats. Single pass colour proc also do not require new options so compatible with old scripts directly (expected a bit better speed with same quality).

mvtools will soon be 1/5 of century aged - in January of 2024. So may we will have version 2.8.0 prepared to that celebration. Or may be final release of 2.7.46 .

Last edited by DTL; 24th July 2022 at 08:03.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote