Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 3rd December 2012, 08:49   #21  |  Link
[ReX]

Version 1.3 released!

Quote:
JMkvpropedit 1.3
Added support for adding, replacing and deleting attachments.
I wanted to add support for this way earlier but was overwhelmed with college.
[ReX] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 17:15   #22  |  Link
amsgwp

Hey Rex, The app is super easy to use and I like that you can process multiple files.

I have a question/suggestion.

1. Is it possible to add logic to only change a setting if something is true? For example, I ripped all my DVD's with the wrong audiotrack is track #1. So I need to change the default audio track to track 2. This is easy enough, but I don't want to just blindly do it for all my MKV's. I'd like to say, if audiotrack1 = 2 channels and audiotrack2 = 6 channels then make audio track 2 default.
2. Suggestion: Allow you to add entire directory and scan subfolders for MKV's and add them to the input list. Right now you have to go into each folder and pull out the MKV to be processed.

I guess I could try scripting this using AutoHotKey or VBS.
amsgwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2012, 08:11   #23  |  Link
[ReX]

Suggestion 1 is not possible since I don't read any information from the files.
Suggestion 2 should have been implemented since the beginning, I guess I forgot it or got lazy. Anyway, it's there now.
Old 30th November 2013, 13:57   #24  |  Link
kilobytes

Very nice program, is there the way that I can insert file names to tittle like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MKVToolNix\mkvpropedit" "%%m" -e info -s title="%%~nm

Thanks
John
kilobytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 19:29   #25  |  Link
[ReX]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
Very nice program, is there the way that I can insert file names to tittle like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MKVToolNix\mkvpropedit" "%%m" -e info -s title="%%~nm

Thanks
John
Added {file_name} parameter as requested, I won't release a new version yet, as I need to document that somewhere, but you can use this build for now.
Old 30th November 2013, 20:34   #26  |  Link
kilobytes

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ReX] View Post
Added {file_name} parameter as requested, I won't release a new version yet, as I need to document that somewhere, but you can use this build for now.
Awesome, thanks ;-)
kilobytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 13:03   #27  |  Link
davidtuning

Help

Help the program does not run, I use java 8
davidtuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 03:47   #28  |  Link
AZMedia

Folder Processing

This app is awesome but...I'm an older guy, could use some help.

Is there a way to save settings so I don't have to configure the app each time I open it? I clean MKV files but when I use the app I have to go through and tick all the appropriate boxes, add JPG criteria to "Delete Attachments", etc.

The app does create command line info, but it's specific to each file name.
"mkvpropedit" "My_File_Location.mkv" --tags all: --edit info --set title="" --delete-attachment "mime-type:image/jpeg"

I have a folder with a few MKV's and would like to clean each file with the same settings. Every few days I get new MKV's and I need to repeat the process.....which requires setting up this app features again. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

FYI - I have a BAT file that inserts my movie title into the "File Title" of the MKV's metadata. I just drag/drop the file onto the bat icon. A process like this would be perfect for cleaning the files.
AZMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 17:41   #29  |  Link
[ReX]

I finally decided to try and fix this project after many years, details and changes are at the original post, it should work with the latest MKVToolnix now.
Please report bugs and request features at https://github.com/BrunoReX/jmkvpropedit/issues
Old 5th March 2018, 18:45   #30  |  Link
chinobino

Working great here with MKVToolnix v21 on Win 10 x64.

Thank you for coming back to this project and updating jmkvpropedit to work with latest MKVToolnix.

This program saves me a lot of time!
chinobino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2018, 01:24   #31  |  Link
Tylerr

love this program, is it possible for you to add a way to save settings?

i am mostly using it for the same thing everytime so it'd be nice not having to redo it everytime i open it up.
Tylerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2018, 17:39   #32  |  Link
wiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
You do know that mkvmerge GUI already comes with its own graphical header editor, don't you?
always better to have altenatives and this seems pretty nice and useful
Old 28th December 2018, 09:05   #33  |  Link
TitanFan

Very cool program!! Just updated a bunch of mkv files to set the proper subtitles language. Sure beats a remux with mkvmerge or gui of mkvtoolnix header editor.

I must say it's a bit concerning to edit a whole directory of files and hoping the program doesn't fail since it does the operation on the original files without backup. But, of course I always have my backups, but still a bit concerning. After more use, I'm sure I'll trust this program without any concerns.

Thanks again!
TitanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2019, 13:03   #34  |  Link
Tetsujin

One small problem.
On Mac, you can't persuade the file picker to see 'inside' the app container to point it at mkvpropedit itself.

Unsubtle 'fix' was to copy it out into the regular Apps folder, where it could be seen. All is good.

Ref: https://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...y-no-re-encode
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2020, 20:00   #35  |  Link
Waxmania

Hi,

This tool looks like exactly what I've been needing, but I can't get it to work at all. No matter what I enter for settings, I get the following error (varying by input filename and command line, but nothing else):

Quote:
File: K:\Videos\Kaleidoscope1.mkv
Command line: "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvpropedit.exe" "K:\Videos\Kaleidoscope1.mkv" --edit info --set title=""

Error: More than one file name has been given ('[' and '"K:\Videos\Kaleidoscope1.mkv",').
I created and muxed a whole bunch of videos some years back with a tool that inserted spam as the title, and I want to clear that metadata on all files. Since there are well over a hundred files in this project, handling each individually with mkvtoolnix or the mkvmerge GUI seems impractical. But I can't figure out what this error means— the "'['" as a second "file name" doesn't seem to come from any setting I've entered in jmkvpropedit, and doesn't appear in the command line output returned to me.

Currently the only setting I'm using is selecting the "Title" checkbox in the General tab. I get the same error when I try other variations (I'm not 100% this syntax would have been correct, but I also tried just using the "Extra Parameters" field with "--tags all:" and got the same result).

Could this be an issue with my OS (I'm using Windows 8)? Any idea? Thanks if anyone has any insight.
Waxmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2022, 21:05   #36  |  Link
Ripmann

No idea how I missed this little gem for so long, but I just want to express my appreciation to the author. It does exactly what I need and does it in style, toggling flags and renaming subtitle tracks of more than a hundred of MKV files in just a second. The only functionality it seems to be missing is the ability to reorder the tracks, but other than that, it's pretty much perfect. Thank you very much.

P.S. The opening post hasn't been updated since 2018, but the utility is at currently at v1.5.2 (Dec 05, 2021).
Ripmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
matroska, metadata