Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 15th May 2006, 23:14   #2281  |  Link
videomixer9
ffdshow fan
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 580
just open video_ts.ifo
videomixer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2006, 01:39   #2282  |  Link
Schrade
Registered User
 
Schrade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanbanlo
How can I play ripped VIDEO_TS with MPC?

Thank you.
Drag and drop the VIDEO_TS folder on top of the MPC window.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2006, 16:19   #2283  |  Link
CiTay
Registered User
 
CiTay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanbanlo
How can I play ripped VIDEO_TS with MPC?

Thank you.
Uh... associate "DVD File" with MPC and then double-click on VIDEO_TS.IFO?
CiTay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 10:47   #2284  |  Link
SmartUK
keen but ignorant...
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 10
frame step and virtual surround

Hi, Gabest. I've been using various incarnations of MPC for ages, so many thanks for that.

Two issues: one is I can't get mpc to frame step back - forward's okay; the keys seem to be assigned properly (vk_left and right respectively). I'm also not clear as to how to assign a new key properly. The other issue is whether MPC supports any kind of virtual surround output.

You're bound to ask me what version I've got; I dowloaded both the latest version of MPC plus the Home Cinema version - if you need file numbers I'll need to check when I get home tonight.

all the Best,
Smart
SmartUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 11:40   #2285  |  Link
cweb
Registered User
 
cweb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Pandorica
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartUK View Post
You're bound to ask me what version I've got; I dowloaded both the latest version of MPC plus the Home Cinema version - if you need file numbers I'll need to check when I get home tonight.

all the Best,
Smart
Is it one of the latest contributed builds or an older one?
__________________
PC specs for bug reports: Athlon 64-bit Phenom II X6 2.8Ghz Win7/Linux PCI express NVIDIA GTX 285 graphics card
http://twitter.com/cwebdesign
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 12:51   #2286  |  Link
SmartUK
keen but ignorant...
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 10
mpc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
Is it one of the latest contributed builds or an older one?
I only downloaded it on Saturday and I'm pretty sure it said "latest version" or something similar; typically I can't now remember where I got it or its version number - I'll get the details tonight! Thanks for your help.

Last edited by SmartUK; 26th November 2007 at 12:52. Reason: sloppy grammar
SmartUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 13:56   #2287  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler
 
Leak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Austria
Posts: 2,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartUK View Post
The other issue is whether MPC supports any kind of virtual surround output.
I don't think so, but you could use ffdshow's audio decoder, it supports downmixing surround using a HRTF or headphone spatialization, if you meant that.

As for stepping back - I'd be surprised if it actually worked since DirectShow doesn't really support it; you can single-step forward but not backward with it, and seeking back some fraction of a second might also be off...
__________________
now playing: [artist] - [track] ([album])
Leak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 14:51   #2288  |  Link
SmartUK
keen but ignorant...
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 10
mpc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartUK View Post
I only downloaded it on Saturday and I'm pretty sure it said "latest version" or something similar; typically I can't now remember where I got it or its version number - I'll get the details tonight! Thanks for your help.
Okay; sorry for the delay - my existing MPC is 6.4.8.2

Since then I got mplayerc_20071015 [mplayerc_1107] and mplayerc_homecinema_x86_v1.0.11.0

Has anyone ever written a user guide for non-techies like me? I've looked on the home page but there doesn't seem to be any documentation (not for mere mortals, anyway!)

Cheers.
SmartUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 15:08   #2289  |  Link
SmartUK
keen but ignorant...
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 10
surround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak View Post
I don't think so, but you could use ffdshow's audio decoder, it supports downmixing surround using a HRTF or headphone spatialization, if you meant that.

As for stepping back - I'd be surprised if it actually worked since DirectShow doesn't really support it; you can single-step forward but not backward with it, and seeking back some fraction of a second might also be off...
Hi, Leak. Yes, I was thinking about virtual surround support for headphones or two speakers. I'm not sure I know enough about setting ffdshow, though!
SmartUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 19:48   #2290  |  Link
Brother John
(schein)heilig
 
Brother John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartUK View Post
Has anyone ever written a user guide for non-techies like me?
I don’t know about non-techie. But there is documentation on the guliverkli project page: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=144472
__________________
Brother John

When lost in BeSweet's options, have a look at the Commandline Reference.
DVD nach MPEG-4 klappt nicht? Verzweifelt? Auf zum Encodingwissen!
Brother John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 07:13   #2291  |  Link
grace88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1
waiting
grace88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 07:48   #2292  |  Link
4Dude
An Awesome Dude
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 120
Welcome to the site!

This looks good doesnt it?
4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 01:55   #2293  |  Link
phrentec
waprout?
 
phrentec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: LA
Posts: 224
Media player classic with FFmpeg 0.5

March 10, 2009. FFmpeg 0.5 is out with many speed improvements.

Gabest, is there any chance to have a version of media player classic with ffmpeg built in? I hope your still out there. Thank you.
phrentec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 02:01   #2294  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer
 
LoRd_MuldeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Last House on Slunk Street
Posts: 13,151
You know that Gabest didn't work on MPC for years and that there's the "Media Player Classic - Home Cinema" project now ???
http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

Recent builds can be found here:
http://www.xvidvideo.ru/content/category/1/1/2/
__________________
There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment.
How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork.


LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 11:34   #2295  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler
 
Leak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Austria
Posts: 2,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
You know that Gabest didn't work on MPC for years and that there's the "Media Player Classic - Home Cinema" project now ???
http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/
You probably should have also mentioned that it's got FFmpeg built-in already...

np: Yagya - Rigning Fimm (Rigning)
__________________
now playing: [artist] - [track] ([album])
Leak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
media player classic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.