Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 17th November 2021, 01:05   #41  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen22 View Post
Better approach is to generate a text file...
Can't you do everything in one go from one script, like using RT_Stats to parse clips and write/read from its DB files?

And why not deal with the missing frames issue at the capture stage instead of interpolating them after?

Last edited by VoodooFX; 17th November 2021 at 01:13.
VoodooFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2021, 02:28   #42  |  Link
johnmeyer

Quote:
That does work but only if dupes and drops are guaranteed to alternate, which doesn't usually happen. Better approach is to generate a text file which specifies the actual frame number required, indicating whether it's from the original clip or an interpolation. A good way of doing this is by by making interpolated frames negative, so 127 means frame 127 from the source clip and -127 means frame 127 from the interpolation clip.

So this is the method, based on John's brilliant insights - it works pretty well! <snip>
Wow, thanks for all that. I put this project aside, since I had hit a wall, and also because I flew cross country to the east coast where I a wedding reception. I mention this because the actual wedding occurred a year ago, during lockdown, and the only video if the actual ceremony is something recorded on Zoom. Needless to say, that video is filled with the exact problems this script is supposed to fix.

I hope to get to your code in a few days and see if I can make it work. Thanks for all the help.
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2021, 11:44   #43  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

By the way, I've just noticed this
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
For the mask part, if you wanted to use levels, it would be this for 8bit YUV

Code:
BlackFrame = BlankClip( source, Color=$000000 ).levels(16,1,235,0,255,false)
WhiteFrame = BlankClip( source, Color=$FFFFFF ).levels(16,1,235,16,235,false)
thats wrong, should be same [levels] for both black and white [as above, white comes out at 235 not 255]
Code:
BlackFrame = BlankClip( source, Color=$000000 ).levels(16,1,235,0,255,false)    # Must Haves in Blue
WhiteFrame = BlankClip( source, Color=$FFFFFF ).levels(16,1,235,0,255,false)

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 17th November 2021 at 11:57.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2021, 18:06   #44  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
[color_YUV AVS+ only]
Are you sure? Wiki says that it's added from v2.55.

Without levels should be faster:
Code:
BlackFrame = BlankClip( source, Color_yuv=$000000, pixel_type="Y8" )
WhiteFrame = BlankClip( source, Color_yuv=$FFFFFF, pixel_type="Y8" )

Last edited by VoodooFX; 17th November 2021 at 18:08.
VoodooFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2021, 18:33   #45  |  Link
stephen22

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
the actual wedding occurred a year ago, during lockdown, and the only video if the actual ceremony is something recorded on Zoom. Needless to say, that video is filled with the exact problems this script is supposed to fix.
I'm having a celebration myself this weekend - my 80th!

If you let me have some of your wedding footage, I'll put it through my program and generate a textfile for the Avisynth script so we can see how well it works. The constraints of my vintage computer mean I can only process up to 16,000 frames at a time, but of course I can do it in sections.
stephen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2021, 20:14   #46  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Are you sure? Wiki says that it's added from v2.55.
Oops, yes, just checked in v2.58 and it is implemented.
Guess I got mixed up with Color_YUV for AddBorders and Letterbox in AVS+.
[ I even did a script to convert Colors_RGB.avsi to a Colors_YUV.avsi, so go figure ]

Quote:
What Wedding Aniversary, ... Respect.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 18th November 2021 at 13:02.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2021, 04:41   #47  |  Link
johnmeyer

Quote:
Congratulations. I've got 70 coming up next year.
Quote:
If you let me have some of your wedding footage, I'll put it through my program and generate a textfile for the Avisynth script so we can see how well it works. The constraints of my vintage computer mean I can only process up to 16,000 frames at a time, but of course I can do it in sections.
Let me see if I can get it up and running myself because I'll need to do this again in the future.

I keep getting interrupted with more projects and things that need fixing (our microwave just quit, and I'd rather repair it than get a new one because it is built in). I could go on, but I'm about three interrupts deep and will need to pop the stack several times before I get back to this.
Old 19th April 2022, 14:13   #48  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

OT
Microwave oven: If it pops fuses you may go for a search to inrush current limiter.
Could be a timed relay bridging a resistor, the latter being burnt or bad contact, or a NTC.
I drew a partial schematic of a Siemens HE0867 recently. PM me if you like.
/OT
Old 19th April 2022, 19:05   #49  |  Link
johnmeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
OT
Microwave oven: If it pops fuses you may go for a search to inrush current limiter.
Could be a timed relay bridging a resistor, the latter being burnt or bad contact, or a NTC.
I drew a partial schematic of a Siemens HE0867 recently. PM me if you like.
/OT
I've repaired several microwaves. I'd done this one twice before. It is the interlock switch. The contacts pit over time (this was built in 1994) and then it either doesn't work, or blows the house circuit breaker each time it starts. The last two times I removed the switch and then sawed through the ultrasonic welds on the switch, filed down the contacts with an ignition file, and then glued it back together. (It is physically large and therefore easy to repair.) I got 4-5 years from those patches.

This time I decided that method had run its course, so I poked around and, to my great amazement, found an NIB exact replacement. I installed it, the part works perfectly, and I expect the microwave will probably outlast me (something, I now realize, is probably true of a lot of things around here).

Last edited by johnmeyer; 20th August 2023 at 16:11. Reason: typo: replaced "switch" with "file"
Old 20th April 2022, 09:51   #50  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Congrats ! Yes, hardswitching that 1,5kW transformer demands its toll from the contacts...

Tags
drops, duplicates, tdecimate