Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 20th January 2017, 22:29   #1  |  Link
phil28

Need Help Using Subtitle Edit

Hi all
I have a sub folder that I have changed to a srt file. the last file came up in subtitle editor as having no text, but when you click on the area were the text should be, the text shows up in the subtitle image area, but not in the text box and when added to the vid the text doesn't show up, has anyone an idea what needs to be done to fix this
I have taken a jpeg to help explain

thanks in advance
Attached Images

phil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 00:02   #2  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil28 View Post
Hi all
I have a sub folder that I have changed to a srt file.
That makes no sense to me. You have a subtitle folder? Do you mean to say you changed one kind of subtitle to another? VobSubs (IDX/SUB) to SRT, perhaps? If so, what did you use to do it?
Quote:
the last file came up in subtitle editor
what is 'subtitle editor'? The name of a subbing program? If so, should the name be capitalized? If not, what program did you use to convert the sub file?

Maybe if you make the SRT file available for download, someone can have a look. I apologize if you were clear to everyone but me.

Should I put this in the Subtitle Forum? Where more people with knowledge of subs might see it and be able to help?

Last edited by manono; 22nd January 2017 at 05:35.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 01:41   #3  |  Link
phil28

thanks for any help

Well I downloaded 13 sub files 7 successfully changed to srt files using: subtitle edit 3.5.1 build 1 by nikse.

the last 8 when changed to srt showed no subtitles, and when checked in sub editor as shown in the previous screen grab, the subs are there but not visible in the text area.
anyway,
I'm not using the correct lingo as this is the limit of my computer knowledge. I cant upload the sub file as its too large even compressed so ive added a link theres 42 files but subs 08 is a good example of the prob, it will not display the subs, if the sub editor is at fault, then a suggestion of a better free programme would be appreciated, if the subs need changing say in colour then please explain how. also I cant find how to move my post to the subtitle section so that might be helpful also, thanks in advance.

https://fastpiratebay.co.uk/torrent/...elistContainer
Old 22nd January 2017, 05:25   #4  |  Link
manono

Okay, good, Subtitle Edit.

I don't use it myself, but might it have anything to do with that box checked as 'Transparent'?

Maybe someone will come along that knows the program and can help.

In the meantime I'll move this thread to the Subtitle Forum, if I can figure out how to do that. I'll also change the thread title so that it might attract someone in a better position to help.

Edit: 12 Gigs for subs? Come on now, just the subs, please. An SRT subtitle file is measured in KB.

Last edited by manono; 22nd January 2017 at 05:33.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 10:13   #5  |  Link
Music Fan

Do you want to convert your sub to srt ? Does OCR with SE work on this file or not ?
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 21:45   #6  |  Link
phil28

problem continued.

Hi will be playing through a tv and the srt seems to work well, so hoped to stick with srt. the file link as mentioned is for 12 gb file however its a 42 file programme and thought an example as sub file 8 was a good example of the problem, sub1-7 files are fine and i cant see what the difference is between the files. ive tried clicking transparent buttons colours and all sorts but not knowing what i am doing i am going around in circles, and i cant find the subs on any other site that cover programme 7 onwards.
thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by phil28; 23rd January 2017 at 22:26.
Old 13th April 2021, 12:53   #7  |  Link
Serestio

I don't really understand people who buy subscriptions to expensive programs. Probably, this is done only by those who have a very fast computer and if they do it for free. I just make simple videos on YouTube, so I use ordinary programs but which are as good as paid ones, you can find one of them here movavi.io/best-subtitle-editor-en/ they are very good.

Last edited by Serestio; 16th April 2021 at 20:06.
Serestio is offline   Reply With Quote