Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 2nd June 2021, 20:29   #1  |  Link
DRS

SubXtractor - semi-automated hardcoded subtitle extractor

Hello everyone !

I present you my latest project : SubXtractor, a semi-automated hardcoded subtitle extractor

Q: Who does it do ?
A: With limited user input, this software outputs SRT subtitle files that would have taken a lot of manual labor to produce !

Q: Who is it for ?
A: Anyone that want to extract hardsubs from a video and that value their time.

Q: Why did you code this ?
A: I needed to extract subtitles from a collection of videos and didn't want to go insane doing it manually and couldn't find tools that were both performant and easy to use.

Q: Why write about it here ?
A: Even though I never registered as a user, I have often found plenty of tools and information in this community and wanted to give back a little something of my own.

Q: Can I try it for myself ?
A: Absolutely ! It works on any OS that meets requirements (at least Windows and Debian-based Linux like Ubuntu) and it's completely free software. I would greately appreciate any feedback !

Information about changelog, requirement, installation isntructions, etc are nicely laid out on the dedicated GitLab repository.

Honestly I'm simply proud of my first public tool and would like to contribute to the sum of audiovisual free software.

Afterword
As indicated above this is my first post on these forums, so I'm not that familiar with the ways of doom9. Please tell me if I did an oopsie and I will try to correct.

Update 2021-06-07
v1.1.0 is out with a major overhaul of the VapourSynth script, allowing for streamlined support of subtitles of (multiple) colors !

Everything is on GitLab; Any feedback is appreciated !

Last edited by DRS; 7th June 2021 at 12:40.
DRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2021, 12:40   #2  |  Link
DRS

Up : v1.1.0
DRS is offline   Reply With Quote