Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 2nd June 2013, 10:35   #1381  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

You're welcome.

I've just tested the method (with just "_ENCODE.cmd"), and it doesn't work. You HAVE to use "cmd /c _ENCODE.cmd" in your batch file. (I have modified the code in my previous post accordingly.)

Be sure to mount your ISO(s) before launching the command, of course! Also, if you want to encode 2 projects from different BDs, you must mount the two ISOs. In that case, the drive letter of the second mounted ISO can be different than the original drive letter (when you have created the project) and you may have to change it in the AVS script.

Also, I forgot to say that if you don't need the MKV file, you can also delete or rename the _MUX_3D.cmd file(s), or you can untick the "Mux to MKV" option in the BD3D2MK3D GUI. When that file is not present, the _ENVODE.cmd batch stops when the encoding to h264 is finished.

Also, you don't need to demux the audio and subtitle streams in both projects. You can do it just in one project, and untick all streams in the other project. The generation of the second project will be much more rapid.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 11:01   #1382  |  Link
Sharc

BD3D2MK3D:
I made a combined.m2ts from a BD MVC source (ssif).
- 2D and 3D Playback with Stereoscopic Player 2.0.6 fail (black picture with CPU at 50%)
- 2D (base view) playback with MPC-HC works, and playback is smooth

Now using the temporary _combined_TEMP.h264:
- 2D playback with Stereoscopic Player works with stroboscopic effect (jitter rather than smooth playback)
- 3D playback with Stereoscopic Player works with some jitter, but 3D effect (depth) is poor compared to watching the original with the same settings of the Stereoscopic Player.

I just thought to report this back.

Last edited by Sharc; 2nd June 2013 at 16:40.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 17:57   #1383  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
BD3D2MK3D:
BD3D2MK3D is only a GUI for MVCCombine.exe, and doesn't do anything special.
I don't know why Stereoscopic Player fails, but I use the Combined.m2ts file only for converting it to SBS when there are too many SSIF files in the MPLS, and DirectShowMVCSource or ssifsource2 fail. For that conversion, the combined m2ts has always worked fine.
Old 2nd June 2013, 18:57   #1384  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
BD3D2MK3D is only a GUI for MVCCombine.exe, and doesn't do anything special.
I don't know why Stereoscopic Player fails, but I use the Combined.m2ts file only for converting it to SBS when there are too many SSIF files in the MPLS, and DirectShowMVCSource or ssifsource2 fail. For that conversion, the combined m2ts has always worked fine.
Understood, no problem; thanks again for BD3D2MK3D
Old 3rd June 2013, 07:58   #1385  |  Link
Wolfy59

Quote:
You're welcome.

I've just tested the method (with just "_ENCODE.cmd"), and it doesn't work. You HAVE to use "cmd /c _ENCODE.cmd" in your batch file. (I have modified the code in my previous post accordingly.)

Be sure to mount your ISO(s) before launching the command, of course! Also, if you want to encode 2 projects from different BDs, you must mount the two ISOs. In that case, the drive letter of the second mounted ISO can be different than the original drive letter (when you have created the project) and you may have to change it in the AVS script.

Also, I forgot to say that if you don't need the MKV file, you can also delete or rename the _MUX_3D.cmd file(s), or you can untick the "Mux to MKV" option in the BD3D2MK3D GUI. When that file is not present, the _ENVODE.cmd batch stops when the encoding to h264 is finished.

Also, you don't need to demux the audio and subtitle streams in both projects. You can do it just in one project, and untick all streams in the other project. The generation of the second project will be much more rapid.
Hi r0lz, i did the 2 raw streams with BD3D2MK3D with cq 0 quality, no need batch :-). In 1h the two streams were in my Hdd (2h10 movie).
I tested mvccombine too and what a speed now just 8mn to have my h264 stream.

Thanks to all the people that make that possible

Last edited by Wolfy59; 3rd June 2013 at 08:16.
Wolfy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2013, 08:38   #1386  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Wow, that's fast!
BTW, I wonder if you really need to re-encode the AVC stream. You can just grab it from the BD. (Use _MUX_2D.cmd to mux it to MKV, or tick the Demux the AVC stream option in tab 2, or use eac3to manually). However, I don't know if it is necessary to encode the 2 views in a similar way. That depends probably of what you are doing with them.
Old 3rd June 2013, 15:16   #1387  |  Link
Wolfy59

Quote:
Wow, that's fast!
BTW, I wonder if you really need to re-encode the AVC stream. You can just grab it from the BD. (Use _MUX_2D.cmd to mux it to MKV, or tick the Demux the AVC stream option in tab 2, or use eac3to manually). However, I don't know if it is necessary to encode the 2 views in a similar way. That depends probably of what you are doing with them.
Using 2 raw streams to rebuild a 3D BD25
Old 3rd June 2013, 17:48   #1388  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

So, you will re-encode them anyway, and it is much more rapid to demux and re-encode the original AVC stream directly. (And you'll need less disc space.)
Old 4th June 2013, 06:58   #1389  |  Link
Wolfy59

Quote:
So, you will re-encode them anyway, and it is much more rapid to demux and re-encode the original AVC stream directly. (And you'll need less disc space.)
Yes I can, but I don't know if there is a lost in quality in the final project. I saw somewhere that the dependent view must have half base view bitrate. And in this project the dependent bitrate is lower than the half base bitrate.
How can i calculate that ?
Base View 31 Go
Dep View 10 Go
Old 4th June 2013, 07:32   #1390  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I'm not sure I understand your question. To rebuild a 3DBD, you must re-encode both streams at the same time with a MVC encoder. You cannot encode the base view (for example with x264) and then the dep view and lower the bit rate for the dep view. I don't know many MVC encoders (in fact, I've just tested once the Intel encoder of the SDK), and with that encoder, you cannot specify the bitrate of the 2 streams independently. The "bitrate gain" in the dep view in comparison to the left view is determined by the encoder itself and the amount of difference in the two views. It might be true that the dep view bitrate is usually about half the bitrate of the base view, but IMO, it's only a coincidence.

BTW, the Intel SDK has exactly what you need to re-create the AVC/MVC streams for your BD25. Extract the original streams to a combined.h264 file with eac3to and MVCCombine (or with the GUI integrated in BD3D2MK3D), then re-encode that combined.h264 file to another combined h264 file with the sample_multi_transcode exe from the SDK. I'm not sure it's a good encoder, but it works, and you don't need to encode the original streams to two huge lossless streams first.
Quote:
sample_multi_transcode_x64.exe -i::mvc OrigMVCCombined.h264 -o::mvc TargetMVCCombined.h264 -w 1920 -h 1080 -f 23.976 -b 12000 -u 1
As you can see, you can only specify a global bitrate for the 2 streams.

Last edited by r0lZ; 4th June 2013 at 08:04.
Old 4th June 2013, 08:36   #1391  |  Link
Wolfy59

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand your question. To rebuild a 3DBD, you must re-encode both streams at the same time with a MVC encoder. You cannot encode the base view (for example with x264) and then the dep view and lower the bit rate for the dep view. I don't know many MVC encoders (in fact, I've just tested once the Intel encoder of the SDK), and with that encoder, you cannot specify the bitrate of the 2 streams independently. The "bitrate gain" in the dep view in comparison to the left view is determined by the encoder itself and the amount of difference in the two views. It might be true that the dep view bitrate is usually about half the bitrate of the base view, but IMO, it's only a coincidence.

BTW, the Intel SDK has exactly what you need to re-create the AVC/MVC streams for your BD25. Extract the original streams to a combined.h264 file with eac3to and MVCCombine (or with the GUI integrated in BD3D2MK3D), then re-encode that combined.h264 file to another combined h264 file with the sample_multi_transcode exe from the SDK. I'm not sure it's a good encoder, but it works, and you don't need to encode the original streams to two huge lossless streams first.
As you can see, you can only specify a global bitrate for the 2 streams.
I use totalcode pro to encode the mvc and the d.mvc view and i can fix an average bitrate for each view but I don't know if using a half bitrate for the dep view is necessary or if I can use lower bitrate.
All movies I did seems good but Increase the avc bitrate by using a lower mvc bitrate is a good solution to have better 3D BD25.

Thanks for your help and you work
Old 4th June 2013, 21:50   #1392  |  Link
Sharc

Intel SDK Multi_Transcode exits with:
Return on error: error code -16, .\src\pipeline_transcode.ccp 719

Any idea what could be wrong?
Old 4th June 2013, 22:17   #1393  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I got that error too with a combined file, and when I try to render the file with the -r option. I don't know why.
Old 5th June 2013, 09:54   #1394  |  Link
slavanap

Next version of ssifSource lib: http://sendfile.su/821817
* precise seeking removed, now default directshow seeking function does all the work (not frame precise),
* default swap_views value set to 0 (AVC=left, MVC=right),
* mkv files that contains 2 views (mkv files is made by MakeMKV software and perfertly plays in Stereoscopic player) support added. Requires MatroskaSplitter.dll from Stereoscopic player.

@jdobbs, r0lZ
If the sync problem appears in that lib, too, please let me know.
The one difference in process when you extract base view in one AVS-file and dependent view in the other AVS-file is that ssifSource lib doesn't request dependent view from CoreAVC when it isn't necessary (for only base view extraction; to make extraction process faster). So maybe the problem is in that. To force 2 view extraction anytime you can just select 2 views to be extracted and then crop the one you need.

Quote:
[EDIT] OK, the problem is caused by the fact that I was encoding with avs2yuv and x264_x64. Unfortunately, ssifsource3() is (currently) totally incompatible with avs2yuv. Pity, but it's not so bad. The test I did with x264 32-bit worked perfectly. I'm still wondering why ssifsource2() works in 64-bit mode, but not ssifsource3(). Both can do seeks now, and I have supposed that the problem was due to the new seek support, but apparently, it's not the case.
What do you mean? You mean I need to compile ssifSource2 for x64 architecture? I can do that actually.
Or you mean, that ssifSource2 function works and ssifSource3 function does not work in the same dll? That's really strange to me. ssifSouce3 actually uses ssifSource2, that's why there are both of them in the same library.

Last edited by slavanap; 5th June 2013 at 13:49.
slavanap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 12:09   #1395  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavanap View Post
What do you mean? You mean I need to compile ssifSource2 for x64 architecture? I can do that actually.
No. It might be a good thing to have an x64 version later, for the guys who use Avisynth 64-bit, but it's not really necessary.

Currently, it is possible to encode an AVS script (running with Avisynth 32-bit) with x264_x64.exe if you read the AVS script with avs2yuv.exe and you pipe its output to x264_x64.exe, like this:
Code:
"avs2yuv.exe" "script.avs" -o - | "x264_x64.exe" [options] -demuxer y4m --stdin y4m -
Since avs2yuv.exe is a 32-bit app, it can launch the 32-bit avisynth.dll. It decodes the script as uncompressed YUV to stdout, and its output is piped to x264 64-bit. That way, the decoding process (avisynth + avs2yuv) is slow but reliable, and the encoding process takes advantage of the 64-bit architecture of most recent PCs.

Quote:
Or you mean, that ssifSource2 function works and ssifSource3 function does not work in the same dll? That's really strange to me. ssifSouce3 actually uses ssifSource2, that's why there are both of them in the same library.
No, both methods work when the whole process is made in 32-bit. When the avisynth 32-bit dll is called directly by x264.exe (32-bit), there is no problem (except the missing or additional frames, but it's another problem).

But the output is completely wrong when using the avs2yuv + x264_x64 method described above. I don't know why, and I will try again with other BDs, just to confirm, when I'll have some free time. Anyway, your new beta doesn't do the seeks the same way than before, and I suppose the problem will be fixed. I'll let you know...
Old 5th June 2013, 13:27   #1396  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavanap
The one difference in process when you extract base view in one AVS-file and dependent view in the other AVS-file is that ssifSource lib doesn't request dependent view from CoreAVC when it isn't necessary (for only base view extraction; to make extraction process faster). So maybe the problem is in that. To force 2 view extraction anytime you can just select 2 views to be extracted and then crop the one you need.
I tried the two view extraction with cropping -- same issue. Actually I'm not sure whether the issue is sssifsource3 or the newest CoreAVCDecoder release. I started having issues with DirectshowMVCSource as well, and it went away when I reverted the decoder to v2.1.0.1 and reripped the source. Unfortunately, though, the ssifsource3 issue seems to have remained.

I'll try again with your new release.
Old 5th June 2013, 17:46   #1397  |  Link
frencher
French Love

Quote:
Next version of ssifSource lib: http://sendfile.su/821817
* precise seeking removed, now default directshow seeking function does all the work (not frame precise),
* default swap_views value set to 0 (AVC=left, MVC=right),
* mkv files that contains 2 views (mkv files is made by MakeMKV software and perfertly plays in Stereoscopic player) support added. Requires MatroskaSplitter.dll from Stereoscopic player.

@jdobbs, r0lZ

Hello slavanap,

Very very good news, for I am interested in against a x64
I will test soon

PS: It's possible to add audio support with uNicAudio.dll + Source Code.rar for playback ?

Thank you

3DBD's Free - v0.0.0.0005.exe Old

Programing free for all.

Last edited by frencher; 5th June 2013 at 18:05.
frencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 00:23   #1398  |  Link
frencher
French Love

"MVC Player Free v0.0.1.6" In my signature...

Old version "MVC Player Free v0.0.1.5"

Extract and run directly MVC Player Free.exe or play associated file with MVC Player Free.exe
Code:
# Major fix: Long path with "MVC Player Free.exe" now working
# Added: Experimental support of mkv and seek is now fixed with 3D (ssif, m2ts and mkv only) thanks you slavanap for ssifSource2.dll ;)
# Some fixes
Temporary: Don't use eac3to infos

3DBD's Free - v0.0.0.0005.exe Old

Programing free for all.

Last edited by frencher; 6th June 2013 at 00:50.
frencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 10:34   #1399  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@Slavanap:
Quote:
But the output is completely wrong when using the avs2yuv + x264_x64 method described above.
Well, I have tried again with the previous beta, and this time, I have had exactly the same result with ssifsource3() than with ssifsource2(). There are still additional or missing frames from time to time, but encoding with x264 32-bit or with avs2yuv and x264_x64 work the same way. I don't understand why, as nothing has changed since my last tests. I remember I've previewed the movie and I did several seeks with AvsPMod before launching the encoding, but that should have no impact. Anyay, consider this problem as solved. If I can reproduce it, I'll let you know.

I did also some tests with the latest beta. Unfortunately, the sync problem persists, but again I don't understand it.

When I preview the AVS script with AvsPMod, all frames are in sync, so everything seems perfect.

But when I encode the movie with avs2yuv and x264_x64, there are 2 additional frames in the MVC stream at the very beginning of the video. (It seems that no dupes are added later, but I'm not sure).

Then I did another test with x264 32-bit, and I've seen a lot of "Duplicate frame added" warnings. I've decided to start again but this time I've added "> x264.log" to the command to capture the error messages. Strangely, there were no warning any more, in the command prompt window or in the log. There are NO additional frames at the beginning any more. :-)
Here is the content of the log:
Code:
ssifSource3: adding file Z:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00000.ssif with 0 frames to sequences list. Have to load flag is TRUE

ssifSource2: framecount autodetect mode on. looking for 'Z:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\..\00000.M2TS' file...
ssifSource2: DSS2 function does not exists. Please add DSS2 plugin (avss.dll) to Avisynth plugins to make this feature work.
ssifSource2: framecount directshow value is 4898
Is the DSS2 function really necessary? It seems that ssifsource3() works as expected without it. Note also that I have installed the Haali MatroskaSplitter, and it contains the avss.dll file, but it is located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Haali\MatroskaSplitter". Is it sufficient to move or copy it to the avisynth plugins directory?

Then, I've tried again to encode with x264 32-bit without the redirection to the log file. It tooks a very long time to start the encoding, and again I see the error messages. Here are a few of them:
Code:
"D:\NoInstall\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\stereoplayer.exe\x264.exe" --crf 23 --preset medium --profile high --level 4.1 ^
--keyint 96 --output "00000_m2ts.264" "_ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs"

ssifSource3: adding file Z:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00000.ssif with 0 frames to sequences list. Have to load flag is TRUE

ssifSource2: framecount autodetect mode on. looking for 'Z:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\..\00000.M2TS' file...
ssifSource2: DSS2 function does not exists. Please add DSS2 plugin (avss.dll) to Avisynth plugins to make this feature work.
ssifSource2: framecount directshow value is 4898
avs [info]: 1920x1080p 0:0 @ 24000/1001 fps (cfr)
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.1 Cache64
x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.1

ssifSource2: Decoding frame timeout reached!!! Frame #     3 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #     4 duplicate added (debug: g03937830 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #     5 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #     6 duplicate added (debug: g03937830 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    10 duplicate added (debug: g03937830 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    11 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    12 duplicate added (debug: g03937830 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    15 duplicate added (debug: g03937830 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    15 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    16 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    17 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    19 duplicate added (debug: g03937830 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    20 duplicate added (debug: g03937830 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    21 duplicate added (debug: g03937830 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    21 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    22 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    23 duplicate added (debug: g03937830 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    25 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    27 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    28 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    30 duplicate added (debug: g03937830 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    30 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    32 duplicate added (debug: g03937830 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    32 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    36 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    43 duplicate added (debug: g03937830 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    43 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    45 duplicate added (debug: g03937830 m03937830 s03937998)
[0.0%] 2/4898 frames, 0.03 fps, 310.54 kb/s, eta 47:39:35
ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    53 duplicate added (debug: g03937830 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #    53 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

[...]
I had to stop the command to be able to copy/paste the messages here, so I've started the command again (without any modification), and this time, there are again no error messages, but there is a missing frame at the beginning of the MVC view. How is it possible that exactly the same command launched in exactly the same conditions can give different results? I'm puzzled.

I did all tests with the number of frames set to 0 in the AVS script. If you want tests with the correct number of frames, please let me know.

I will check again later, with the avss.dll correctly installed...

Last edited by r0lZ; 6th June 2013 at 10:36.
Old 6th June 2013, 16:23   #1400  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I did a lot of new ssifsource3() tests, with and without the avss.dll, and with and without the number of frames in the ssifsource3() command. All tests have been made with a single SSIF file.

Apparently, right after a reboot, ssifsource3() works perfectly. There is no left/right sync problem, no timeout and no "duplicate added" error messages. But if you launch the same encoding again, the timeout and "duplicate added" error happen. Same thing if you reboot, launch AvsPMod (even without previewing the video), quit it, and then encode the script. If you reboot again, the script can be encoded successfully again. Obviously, there is something wrong when avisynth is initialised for the second time. I don't know if it is possible to "reset" avisynth before starting the script, but I've tried to edit my Win8 registry to automatically unload the DLLs that are not used any more. Unfortunately, that doesn't solve the problem.

Note that the presence or absence of avss.dll in the avisynth's plugins folder doesn't change anything (except that the warnings about DSS2 is not shown when the dll is present.

I have also tested an encode of several times the same SSIF file, with this command: SsifSource3("Z:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00000.ssif;48;Z:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00000.ssif;48;Z:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00000.ssif;1000", avc_view = true, mvc_view = true, horizontal_stack = true, swap_views = 0). Unfortunately, that doesn't work either, even after a reboot. I have tried to encode it 4 times, and each time, at least one of the 3 parts produced the "duplicate added" errors. Even the first part can produce the error after a reboot.

It should be noted that AvsPMod has absolutely no problems with the script with a single SSIF. So, IMO, it uses a method to initialize the script correctly. But it hangs also with scritps with several SSIF files in the same command.

Slavanap, I hope you have now enough info to find and fix that irritating bug. Unfortunately, I can't help on this point. To reproduce it, encode a few frames of any 3D movie, and then launch the same encoding command again. Most of the times (but not always), it will fail (and you'll see the progress % of x264 only after the timeout of 1 minute).

I did most tests with x264 32-bit, but I've tried also several times the method using avs2yuv and x264_x64. The bugs described above are happening also with that encoding method, but I have also discovered another problem. The current beta of ssifsource2.dll prints its messages to stdout. That's fine when using the 32-bit encoding method, but not when using the 64-bit one. When the message is issued, avs2yuv echoes it probably to stdout normally, but since the YUV decoded video is also sent to stdout, the messages are mixed with the video stream, and x264_x64 receives strange frames with garbage that it cannot encode properly. That means that it is never possible to encode correctly a script using ssifsource3 in 64-bit mode. There is almost always a totally bugged frame near the beginning of the video, followed by a left/right sync problem of at least 3 or 4 frames. (The rest of the encoding seems normal, but of course the sync problem persists.)

I suppose that this bug can easily be fixed by printing all messages to stderr instead of stdout. Slavanap, can you fix it?

Thanks.

Last edited by r0lZ; 6th June 2013 at 16:39.