Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 19th April 2008, 13:39   #21  |  Link
nhope
partially-informed layman

Well, I got it working by extracting audio out of the mp4 audio encoded in MeGUI with this line:

Code:
mp4creator -extract=1 myaudio.mp4
Then rename myaudio.mp4.t1 to myaudio.aac and mux that with the .m4v

Seems a long-winded way to go about it but it seems raw .aac cannot be done with the Nero codec. Which of those codecs in MeGUI that can do raw .aac would be good to use? FAAC? Or am I better doing it with Nero and extracting?
nhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008, 14:10   #22  |  Link
jmartinr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhope View Post
Or am I better doing it with Nero and extracting?
I would stick with Nero. I've done the extraction trick before.

But you can still use MP4Box to create, from both an MP4Creator-QTF muxed (video only) MP4 and the Nero (audio only) MP4, an MP4 which plays with correct AR in flash player/QuickTime. This way MP4Box keeps the info. I don't know why, but it does.

The batchfile I send you shows how that goes:
mp4creator -create="video.264" -rate=25 -qtw=788 -qth=576 "video.264.mp4"
and then:
mp4box.exe" -add "video.264.mp4"#1 -add "audio.aac.mp4"#1 -new "video.mp4"

[EDIT] If it doesn't work mention your version of MP4Box

Last edited by jmartinr; 26th April 2008 at 11:58. Reason: addition
jmartinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008, 17:29   #23  |  Link
crypto
@DVBPortal

Just an idea, but I think you have to extract the aac track out of the mp4 container first.

I use:

Code:
:extract_aac
rem Extract raw aac track
if exist "%1.aac" goto multiplex
%TOOLS%\mp4creator -extract=1 "%1.aac.mp4"
ren "%1.aac.mp4.t1" "%1.aac"
crypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2008, 10:49   #24  |  Link
callehedberg

I'll just start to say thanks a million for the great work on Quicktime chapter integration!

Then to my problem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuber99 View Post
Patch attached. My apologies if I missed something - I'm a total newb with CVS...

Starting point is the latest CVS version of MPEG4IP project. Chapter support code mostly from this thread/patch (which he borrowed from HandBrake). Ideas/code for QuickTime transform matrix also from HandBrake project.

Changes I excluded from the patch are changes to MS Visual Studio project files and changes to the win32-specific headers files (since I am building with an older version of MSVC++ and the latest CVS version of MPEG4IP assumes VS2005).
I tried to apply the patch to MPEG4IP CVS version 1.6.1 and compile on OS X Leopard 10.5.2 using XCode 3.0. I had to change a few variable definitions from boolean to bool. My problem is when linking mp4creator there is a call to a missing function:

Code:
Undefined symbols:
  "QTChapterCreator(void*, __sFILE*)", referenced from:
      CreateMediaTracks(void*, char const*, bool)in mp4creator.o
Is this function part of the patch, or is it from some other module, since I can't find it in the MPEG4IP sources?

EDIT: Never mind. I found the function in the file "server/mp4creator/qtchap.cpp" added by the patch. It seems, however, as if the Makefile isn't updated to compile this file. I'll look into that...

Last edited by callehedberg; 25th May 2008 at 13:45. Reason: Found the problem myself.
callehedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2008, 23:27   #25  |  Link
refulgentis

calledhedberg: if you could upload the binary when you have it compiled (including this patch: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...00#post1142000, just a one line patch), i'd be very grateful. Right now it takes an immense amount of time to compile it even with the patches generated with handbrake because there seems to be a lot of holes in it even when compiled with the latest Xcode version.
refulgentis is offline   Reply With Quote