Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 22nd September 2014, 14:18   #101  |  Link
Marty

So the problem is not in my pc? How come the guy in the youtube video does it work?
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:21   #102  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.50

OK, here is the fix for the bug discovered by Marty. That terrible bug was in my code, and not in BDSup2Sub.jar.

This version fixes also a couple of minor bugs, including a bug introduced in the previous version, but happening only in extremely rare circumstances. (In fact, I think there is no 3D BD with a title that can trigger that bug, unless you click on Show All 3D Playlists and you select a playlist beginning with a multi-angle MPLS, and the title has the tsMuxeR bug with the wrong angle numbers, and you convert at least a subtitle file to 3D. That should not happen often! Anyway, it's fixed now.)

I have also updated the MkvMerge binaries to the latest version.
Quote:
# v0.50 (September 22, 2014)
# - Converting subtitles to 3D full-SBS or full-T&B with 3D-planes was broken. Thanks Marty!
# - Minor bug fixed: The 3D-planes were not correctly checked in MPLS files bedinning by a multi-angle video file.
# - Fix: Tools -> Find dependent view MPLS Files was broken for multi-angle playlists.
# - The errors and warnings should now appear in red in the console.
# - Updated MkvMerge and the MkvMerge GUI to the latest version (v7.2.0)
Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z

I am currently working to the MPLS parser, to be able to avoid tsMuxeR to analyse the content of the BD. This version is therefore probably the latest one using tsMuxeR to parse the MPLS files. I will need some time to integrate my parser in BD3D2MK3D, and I may introduce new bugs, so I hope this version is (almost) bug free.

Last edited by r0lZ; 22nd September 2014 at 14:44. Reason: typo
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:25   #103  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty View Post
So the problem is not in my pc? How come the guy in the youtube video does it work?
Don't worrk, the bug was in my code. I have recently modified radically the way the 3D conversion happens, because Thalyn has discovered an important bug in tsMuxeR. When I have modified the code that produces the two (left and right) XML files for the conversion to full-SBS or full-T&B, I have introduced the bug. Since personally I use only half-SBS, I have not checked that part of my code carefully enough.

I guess the guide used an earlier version, or they explain how to create half-SBS or half-T&B, and that conversion worked fine.

Please try v0.50. It should be fine, but I have tested it only roughly.
Old 22nd September 2014, 19:11   #104  |  Link
Marty

So it was really quick fix, now it's working without any problems, thx

I apologize in advance for bad English, I use google translator.

Got a question about the functionality of your program. Perhaps what I write will make sense

I'll give an example - I have a 3D BD Iso with English subtitles but I need to get there Czech subtitles. So through your program extracted English 3D planes and I will make him a Czech subtitles with right offset from the original English subtitles.

Is this possible? If so, it would be possible to give some guidance for beginners? The procedure I used a video from youtube (I posted above) did not work as I expected.

Thx for your work
Old 22nd September 2014, 20:12   #105  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, I don't know what you want to do exactly. If I have correctly understood the youtube guide, they use the conversion to 3D only to test if there are warning for undefined depth values, and they generate a 2D SUP file to incorporate it in the original BD. BD3D2MK3D is not made for that purpose, but it can help if you want to convert your 3D BD to SBS or T&B and use external subtitles, not present in the original BD.

Note that the guide has several errors. For example, it extracts the 3D-planes directly from the M2TS file. That may work, but it's very risky. The tool used to extract the 3D-planes has been designed to extract them from the MVC elementary stream, and that's much more simple. Therefore, you should demux the MVC stream first. Anyway, I repeat that creating 3D subtitles to remux them in the BD doesn't make sense.

The procedure to create a SBS or T&B MKV with additional subtitles is relatively simple. Follow the normal procedure to create the SBS movie. You should select any subtitle stream, but it will be replaced by your own subtitles later, so the selection doesn't matter much. However, for best results, I suggest to select the language that is the closest to the language of your subtitles, in the hope that the positions, widths and durations of the original subtitles will be similar to yours.

When BD3D2MK3D will have finished its work, you should convert your downloaded SRT file to a 2D SUP file. (You can do that with 3D-subtitler in 2D mode, as explained in the guide. Try to put the subtitles at approximately the same location in the screen than the original subtitles.) Then, use Tools -> Convert Subtitles to 3D (with 3D-Planes). Load your SUP file, and any valid 3D-plane, to create a 3D SUP or IDX/SUB file. Of course, you must use the same SBS or T&B mode than the mode you have used to convert the movie. (Normally, you should leave the Additional Depth to 0. I don't know why they set it to 6 in the guide.)

When you have your 3D SUP or IDX/SUB file, you should modify the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file to replace the original English subtitle with your file. That's easy. Just modify the file name, the language code and, it it's necessary, the label.

Finally, encode and mux the movie by double-clicking _Encode.cmd. Wait for a while and watch the movie to verify if the subtitles are at the correct depths.

Unfortunately, a specific 3D-plane is made for a specific subtitle stream, and if your subtitle file has different characteristics than the original SUP (such as different positions of the subtitles on screen, different widths of the strings, or, more importantly, different timings), the result might not be satisfactory. You can verify if there are many warnings in the log file (as explained in the guide), and if it's the case, try to convert your subtitles again with a different 3D-plane. Anyway, the presence of absence of warnings in the log is just an indication. You cannot be sure that the depths will be correct even when there are no warnings. The only way to do it perfectly is by trials and errors. Note also that you can manually edit the depth tags in the temp 2D XML file if you need to modify the depth of a few subtitles. (Or you can modify the depths of all subtitles at once with the Additional Depth parameter.) Anyway, when you think that your modifications should be OK, you have to convert the subtitles to 3D again. If you use another 3D-plane, use the same procedure than the first time. If you have only edited the Depth values in the XML file, you should convert the XML (and not the original SUP), and NOT specify a 3D-plane (leave that field blank). That way, the subtitles will be converted with the depths values already present in the XML file. (The Additional Depth can always be modified if you wish, and that value is never saved in the XML file, but normally it's not necessary.)

To remux the final MKV with your newly created subtitles without computing the h264 stream again, just double-click the _MUX_3D.cmd file.

Now, if you want to add your subtitles in the original BD, the procedure is totally different, and unfortunately you don't have the same possibilities. You should simply convert the SRT to 2D SUP, and remux it with an existing 3D plane. Again, it is important to select the best one, and that's not easy. If the result is not good, the only thing you can do is to try with another 3D-plane. (If I have understood the guide correctly, they use the conversion of the subtitles to 3D only to examine the number of warnings. That may be useful to help select the best 3D-plane for your subtitle stream, but remember that the absence of warnings is not a guarantee that the result will be perfect.)

Good luck!

Last edited by r0lZ; 22nd September 2014 at 20:18.
Old 28th September 2014, 08:57   #106  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.51

Yet another bug fixed.

Code:
# v0.51 (September 28, 2014)
# - Bug: The AVS script was wrong in full-SBS or full-T&B and without subtitle to hardcode.
BD3D2MK3D.7z
Old 17th October 2014, 07:13   #107  |  Link
CRFOnly
x264 Addict

Ive been a doom9 lurker for years, but I finally registered just to post here.

First of all I have to say thank you very much for coding this. Ive been looking for a reliable and powerful 3d ripper for more than a year. I didn't want to use dvdfab because I honestly think its garbage. This software is the perfect balance of power and ease-to-use.

I tried a couple encodes using my usual encoding settings for 2d encoding and i must say the result is perfect. Ive come across some problems tho, but fixed them myself. Ill post still in case someone read. I'm using Nvidia 3dVision with PowerDVD14. I found out that if i manually mux with the last mkvmerge, PowerDVD will recognize subtitles but wont make them work (even if i activate them manually). Weird thing is if I use your muxer (which is actually mkvmerge from the command line) everything works great. I dont get it but its certainly not a problem from your wonderful software.

I also found out that the 3d subtitle maker always make sup file without any problem but if i ask it to make 2d subtitles as well, it wont make them in .sup half of the time.

I'm not sure why this is happening... Im mostly using foreign subtitles and most of the time your software take the complete movie sub and extract only forced subs from it, works great in 3d but fail in 2d.

Apart from that, its perfection, Thanks again. I would like to request a feature in the software, the hability to see the source file sizes (example subtitles sizes). When i see multiple subtitles files with the same languages, im trying to pick the forced one (which is lower in size). Just saying if you cant i understand.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Old 17th October 2014, 09:35   #108  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for your kind words, and welcome to the Doom9 forums!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFOnly View Post
I found out that if i manually mux with the last mkvmerge, PowerDVD will recognize subtitles but wont make them work (even if i activate them manually). Weird thing is if I use your muxer (which is actually mkvmerge from the command line) everything works great.
That's really strange. Especially given the fact that BD3D2MK3D includes normally the last version of mkvmerge.

Have you tried to use the same parameters than BD3D2MK3D ? You can find them in the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file. For example, BD3D2MK3D adds the global option --disable-track-statistics-tags anyway. Without that options, small stat files are muxed with all video, audio and subtitle files. Maybe these stat files confuse PowerDVD.

Quote:
I also found out that the 3d subtitle maker always make sup file without any problem but if i ask it to make 2d subtitles as well, it wont make them in .sup half of the time.

I'm not sure why this is happening... Im mostly using foreign subtitles and most of the time your software take the complete movie sub and extract only forced subs from it, works great in 3d but fail in 2d.
Hum, I will have a look. Personally, I use only VobSub format (for compatibility reasons) and therefore I don't verify often how the SUP files are created.

Note that when you don't explicitly ask to extract the forced subtitles only from a stream, there is no need to create a 2D SUP file. The original SUP demuxed from the BD IS the 2D SUP file. So, I assume that the bug happens only when you select a "forced captions only" stream in tab 2. Right?

Quote:
I would like to request a feature in the software, the hability to see the source file sizes (example subtitles sizes). When i see multiple subtitles files with the same languages, im trying to pick the forced one (which is lower in size). Just saying if you cant i understand.
I understand, but I can't do that easily. The problem is that the stream must be demuxed to know its file size. Or, at least, the whole original M2TS file must be analysed to compute the size of their streams, and in both cases, it's a very long process.

There are several ways to examine the subtitles and decide what streams you need to keep.

You can use the preview to play the subtitle you want to examine. You need a player that displays the available subtitle streams in the same order than in the MPLS file (and therefore than in BD3D2MK3D), but it's usually the case. (You can force BD3D2MK3D to use a specific player with Settings -> Player for Preview.)

If there are several streams that can be what you want, you can also tick them all, and let BD3D2MK3D demux them. You'll see their file size and you can examine their content with BDSup2Sub. Finally, it is easy to remove the streams you don't want by editing the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file.

Final note: I like your pseudo. CRFOnly is my philosophy too! ;-)

Last edited by r0lZ; 17th October 2014 at 09:42.
Old 17th October 2014, 20:02   #109  |  Link
CRFOnly
x264 Addict

Yeah there is something mkvmerge put in the default command line PowerDVD doesnt like for sure. It isnt related with --disable-track-statistics-tags because ive been using this line way before i used your software. Hopefully ive done enough mkvmerge from the commandline to be able to do stuff using it.

I actually already edited _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt for my needs. Because honestly the default one you provide put too much useless attachments in the mkv. So i simply only keep video/audio/subs/chapters and name the tracks the way i want. Everything works great. I assume PowerDVD have the same problem with all my older muxs, but i never actually use PowerDVD except to read 3D content.

Another wierd thing PowerDVD do is not actually apply 3d on the 3d subtitles. So you see the 2 subs in the screen when the movie roll and the image is still in real 3d. Thats why im keeping 2d subs as well.

About the subtitles problems, Its happening only if the selected subtitle is the full and i tick the forced checkbox (because i want forced subs). So the software extract the subs (which is full version) then detect the forced captions and make a 3d sub out of it (which is good) but doesnt do the same to make 2d forced subs.

Thats why i wanted the ability to be able to see subtitles size, so i can select forced subs (most of the time they in a separate track for french) and then let the program do his thing without any problem. Sure thing BDINFO can detect this so its not a big deal after all.

So yeah the problem occur only if there is no separate subtitle track, sometimes it means there is just no forced sub at all. But ive seen 3 cases already that actually have many forced subs and just dont work for 2d.

About my request its not a problem if its not easy to do, i know many ways to see if the subs are forced or not already, its just many more steps to do that could be implemented :P

Keep up the good work!
Old 18th October 2014, 11:17   #110  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I think that attaching the two (little) CMD and AVS files with the MKV is important as a documentation, because you can always verify what has been made with the original streams and how the video has been encoded. It's not essential, but sometimes useful, and that takes very little place on disc. Now, BD3D2MK3D includes also the 3D-planes (if at least a stream has been converted to 3D), because they can be useful if, later, you want to add a subtitle in another language. You can build good 3D subtitles only if you have the original 3D planes. They are zipped, and due to their nature, the ZIP file is extremely small, so again the benefit can be big for just a little disc space.

Unfortunately, most 3D players ignore the 3D subtitles. It's a pity, but afaik only BD3D2MK3D can generate them with the right depth extracted from the 3D-plane, and therefore I understand that they are not supported by many players. The 3D subtitles are useful mainly if you use a 2D player to send its output via HDMI to a 3D TV. In that case, the 3D subs are absolutely mandatory. With some luck, the player will display them without resizing or moving them, and they will be perfectly displayed in 3D. If you want to see them in perfect 3D regardless of the player you use, I recommend to hardcode them on the video.

I have already found and fixed the subtitle bug, but I still need some time to test my modifications. (I have rewritten a large part of the subtitle handling code, and I may have introduced new bugs.) Indeed, the forced subtitles were not always generated in 2D, depending of the format and other options. At least that bug is fixed, but I have still not verified if forcing the forced flag (by ticking the "forced" checkbox on a "full" stream) works as expected. I will verify that and I'll release a new version...

Sorry, I will not implement a way to display the subtitle stream sizes. It's too much work, and more importantly, that will slow down the display of the informations too much. But usually, when the forced subtitles are in their own stream, then there are several streams in the same language (French in your example). So, you can usually assume that the forced captions are in the "forced captions only" pseudo-stream when there is only a single French stream, and tick it. (Your selection will be ignored anyway if there are no forced captions in that stream.) I agree that when there are several French streams, that may be because there are different versions or a a director's comments track, but that's easy to detect using the preview. And, as you know, editing the mux options file is easy, so when you really don't know what to do, you can tick all French streams, and then remove the streams you don't need.
Old 19th October 2014, 10:09   #111  |  Link
frank
Banned

Mismatched subtitle views

BD3D2MK3D v0.51 encodes Edge of Tomorrow properly with base view = right eye.

Basicly I encode BD compliant, so I use PGS sups.
If you convert that sup subtitles to 3D via Tools you have to tick LEFT view first, otherwise the views are mismatched in the generated 3D sup (HTAB) - that's a (new?) bug.

Last edited by frank; 19th October 2014 at 10:15.
Old 19th October 2014, 10:46   #112  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

That's not a bug. The conversion of subtitles to 3D is totally independent of the source format of the video. The fact that Edge of Tomorrow BD has the base view = right eye is therefore irrelevant. The option in the Tool must be set to Left view first, unless your SBS or T&B file has the right view first. (Normally, it is not possible to produce a 3D file with the right view first with BD3D2MK3D, because it sets always the left view first regardless of the order of the views in the original BD, but if you want to generate 3D subtitles for a SBS or T&B movie that has not been encoded by BD3D2MK3D, it may have the views inverted, and you may need to use that option.)
Old 19th October 2014, 14:26   #113  |  Link
frank
Banned

Oh, I see, that option controls the output view. Many thanks.

Last edited by frank; 19th October 2014 at 14:36.
Old 20th October 2014, 13:26   #114  |  Link
CaBleman

empty/blank/black video part on up-to-date Win 8.1 machine with 0.51

'lo there,

I've been using BD3D2MK3D on a WIN 7 machine for a while and was quite happy with 0.42
I installed Avisynth 2.58 on a Windows 8.1 with all recent updates (also the .NET ones) and tried BD3D2MK3D 0.51 with different 3D BD ISOs. THe result is awlways the same.

After demuxing, all files seem to be there, in sizes which make sense.
But the encoding step would produce MKVs which have a black/blank video part in the end.

I tried a couple of things, examined the command lines, ran the commands manually - there are no specific error message, if any at all...

Non 3D chain with BluRip works fine BTW.

Any idea or guidance where to inspect further?

thx & bye,

CaBleman

Last edited by CaBleman; 20th October 2014 at 13:30.
Old 20th October 2014, 14:58   #115  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hi, welcome to the Doom9 forums.

I have never encountered that kind of problem, so I don't know how to help.

If your output movie is blank, I can only suspect something wrong with your Avisynth installation.

I suggest to install AvsPMod. It's an avisynth script editor. Open the _ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs file in AvsPMod, and click the up arrow in the bottom left corner of the main window to launch the rendering. You should see the first frame of the movie (usually black). Use the right cursor key on your keyboard to play the next frames. After some frames, you should see the video beginning to play.
In AvsPMod, you can also click the Play (right arrow) button to launch the preview of all frames, but that button doesn't work always well.
Do NOT use the seek bar or the input field to jump directly to a specific frame, as the MVC decoder doesn't support seeking, and will hang. If that happens, close AvsPMod and relaunch it.
(Note also that the script may not work in AvsPMod if you have selected the option to hardcode subtitles on the video, because AvsPMod may not find the subtitle decoder plugin. So, test without hardcoded subtitles.)
You can also test avisynth by loading the "Test_Avisynth_Installation.avs" script in the "toolset" folder of BD3D2MK3D.

If the script doesn't work, try to use the other MVC decoder. (Change it with Settings -> MVC Decoder.)

If you can see the video in AvsPMod, that means that avisynth is working correctly, and I don't understand why you obtain blank frames. Otherwise, try to re-install avisynth. (And be sure to install the 32-bit version.) You may also have to remove the additional plugins from the Avisynth plugins folder, if you have installed special plugins manually.

Last edited by r0lZ; 20th October 2014 at 15:27.
Old 20th October 2014, 15:19   #116  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank View Post
Oh, I see, that option controls the output view. Many thanks.
Yes. I have modified the title of the frame with that option from "Stereoscopy" to "Output stereoscopy format". It should be more obvious that the "left/right view first" setting is not related to the order of the views in the original BD.

Last edited by r0lZ; 20th October 2014 at 15:23.
Old 20th October 2014, 22:58   #117  |  Link
CaBleman

Thanks for the hint, have conducted tests, still clueless

Hi r0lZ,

thank for the quick reply and for the welcome!

I had tried the Avisynth re-install already, with 2.58 and 2.6 (32 bit).
I assume that Avisynth in general was working because it also belongs in the toolchain of another transcoding tool, called BluRip, which works fine on the same machine.

So I did the tests with AvsPMod you mentioned. Your test script works fine, and when I put _ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs of the failing project and start the rendering, all frames are black.

Is there any way I could check the demuxed video parts (the .264 and the .mvc) each by itself with another tool (like vlc, but which file ending to use?)?

And yes, I tried the other encoder option called FRIMSource - in that case I get an error message like this:
---
Code:
Encoding _ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs
Movie: xxx
Encoding started 20.10.2014 23:46:02,45

C:\xxx\xxx\xxx\xxx\00xxx_mpls>"D:\xxx\xxx\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\avs2yuv.exe"   "_ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs" -frames 198357 -o -     | "D:\xxx\xxx\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\x264_x64.exe"   --crf 20 --preset slow --tune film --profile high --level 4.1   --keyint 96 --no-fast-pskip --b-adapt 2 --ref 4   --frame-packing 3 --qpfile chapters_3D.qpfile   --output "00800_mpls.264" --frames 198357 --demuxer y4m --stdin y4m -
error: ERROR: unknown error (-1),       ..\frim_decode\src\pipeline_decode.cpp (1115)

ERROR: Decoding error.

(_ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs, line 32)
x264 [error]: could not open input file `-'
Encoding finished 20.10.2014 23:46:02,58
---

I'm pretty clueless.
I don't have Windows Media Player installed, though (never used it in the past, so why not avoid it totally).
Are there some codecs missing perhaps? Would trying to install ffdshow make any sense?
But, for example, the "XBox video app" in Win8 plays e.g. M2TS just fine...

Thanks for listening,

CaBleman

Last edited by CaBleman; 20th October 2014 at 23:07.
Old 20th October 2014, 23:22   #118  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Normally, you don't need additional codecs.

Unfortunately, the FRIM error message "unknown error" doesn't help much!

To test if the main view of the movie has been extracted normally, you can simply launch _MUX_2D.cmd. It builds a (big) 2D MKV with the h264 stream demuxed from the BD, without re-encoding. I'm pretty sure that will work fine.

Try also to untick the 64bit option in the last tab of BD3D2MK3D. That will remove avs2yuv.exe from the x264 command, and maybe that will be sufficient.

If that doesn't work, try also to copy the libmfxsw32.dll from the toolset directory to a directory in your PATH (such as C:\Windows\SYSWOW64).

I see also this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaBleman View Post
But the encoding step would produce MKVs which have a black/blank video part in the end.
What do you mean exactly with "in the end"? Do you mean that the movie itself is encoded correctly, but there is an additional black part after it? If it's the case, could it be because you have used the option "Add N seconds of black at the end of the video" in tab 4?

Last edited by r0lZ; 20th October 2014 at 23:28.
Old 21st October 2014, 17:20   #119  |  Link
CaBleman

Further Investigations...

Thank you again r0lZ for all the hints!

First of all, with "in the end" I meant "after all, when the process is finished". Not the "add black" option...

Here are the outcomes of your suggested changes / trials:

- The 2D Mux worked fine, indeed. But this only proves that the .264 video part had been demuxed correctly, right? What about the .mvc part? How could I check this one?

- I removed the 64bit option for x264 usage; the resulting removal of avs2yuv.exe from the command line exposed another error message:
---
Code:
"x:\xxx\xxx\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\x264.exe"   --crf 20 --preset slow --tune film --profile high --level 4.1   --keyint 96 --no-fast-pskip --b-adapt 2 --ref 4   --frame-packing 3 --qpfile chapters_3D.qpfile   --output "xxx.264" "_ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs"
avs [info]: 1920x1080p 0:0 @ 24000/1001 fps (cfr)

Return on error: error code -1, pipeline_decode.cpp     799

Return on error: error code 1,  sample_decode.cpp       66

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX AVX2 FMA3 LZ
CNT BMI2
---

- Copying libmfxsw32.dll into a folder in the system path did not make a difference, unfortunately.

What now? What else could I test?

Thx & bye,

CaBleman
Old 21st October 2014, 18:15   #120  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes, the 2D mux proves only that the demux of the AVC stream worked fine. But I guess that the MVC stream is fine also. I don't think that it is possible to test the MVC stream without decoding it, and it's exactly that that doesn't work.

Last suggestion: try to re-download the latest version of BD3D2MK3D. Perhaps one of your files is corrupt. But I don't think that will help.

Unfortunately, I don't know what else should be tested now. According to the two error messages, it's probably something wrong with the Intel decoder (libmfxsw32.dll), but I don't know what. I have sent two PMs to knowledgeable peoples, in the hope that they will be able to help. I hope so!
Closed Thread