Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd October 2015, 02:39   #21  |  Link
Motenai Yoda

Well in aegisofrime's case it is a 30p video tdecimated to vfr with 5 frames gops/cycle coz the M-in-N decimation, so that vfr is garbage too.
converting to 30fps, if you're lucky it returns original frames, but usually it'll duplicate another frame.
It's better starting from source
- apply something that generates true vfr like dedup, interframe, save as 60fps
- interpolate the timecode or convert it to v1 and double all frame numbers.

IIRC Interframe/SVP symply interpolate between 2 frames, I don't think it take into account movements speed

but I don't think it will work sensibly better, as you know almost all animation stuff are made with low framerate animations (usually 12 or less) with asynchrony between single animations (ie an arm can move in 0-2-4-6-8 while a leg in 0-3-6 and the background in 1-3-5-7, so it will no decimate any frame, edit- other the ones for ivtc).

Last edited by Motenai Yoda; 3rd October 2015 at 02:47.
Motenai Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 06:03   #22  |  Link
TCmullet

As I read this thread, I remain confused. Even after noting who said what. I simply want to get a VFR (variable frame rate) video in an FLV to be CFR at the opening point (top) of my Avisynth script. The two methods debated so far (that are within my realm of feasibility) are:

1. video = LWLibavVideoSource(mainfile,fpsnum=30000,fpsden=1001,cache=false)
2. video = DirectShowSource(mainfile,fps=29.97,convertfps=true,audio=true)

Some say #2 (DSS) is the only way, yet others say never use DSS. Maybe in the months since the past post, some have come to more definitive positions or changed. Could you all please re-chime in and express your thoughts? I've just gotten a whole slew (dozens) of long FLVs that are VFR and I need to get into Avisynth successfully (that is, with perfect audio sync), and without a lot of tedious experimentation. Some are VFR with 29.97 as the max but many are 59.94. None of them show the min and max framerates in MediaInfo, eve tho Mediainfo says it's Variable.

In every case where I had problems (this was last winter and spring), I could always play the file fine in VLC. This makes me wonder if it might be possible to get VLC to frameserve INTO Avisynth. If anyone knows, please telll, as using the smarts of VLC's internals for perfect playback (perfect audio sync) would solve this problem easily and reliably.
TCmullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 09:13   #23  |  Link
Music Fan

There is also the method I described (open your video directly in Virtual Dub with the ffmpeg plugin, without avisynth) ;
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...10#post1741010
Or try ffvideosource in avisynth.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote