Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Closed Thread

Old 6th October 2009, 19:53   #1321  |  Link

If the DLL was not found you would have got that message and you didn't report that, so you must have been picking up some other copy of the DLL. So since you appear to be getting irritated with my efforts to get to the bottom of it, I will let it go.
Old 6th October 2009, 20:20   #1322  |  Link
darcmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcmage
I should have clarified that part. I was experiencing the cuvid picture decode () mentioned above which would crash the display adapter and lock the clockrates on power saving mode until I restarted. This happened before I knew about nvcuvid and nothing in the readme addresses this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
I'm saying that if you followed the readme from the beginning, i.e., use the specified version of the Nvidia driver and do not use any special nvcuvid DLL, then you wouldn't have run into any of the problems you created for yourself.
Quote:
Again, the cuvid picture decode () errors started happening before any knowledge of nvcuvid.dll. I didn't have any other version other than the one installed by the driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Did you have an old version of the nvcuvid.dll in your DGNV directory? That's the only thing that could explain how copying from system32 to there could have changed anything...it overwrote the old one.

So then we ask, why did you have an old one in there?
Quote:
There was no nvcuvid.dll in the DGNV directory until I searched these forums for a solution to the first set of errors which resulted in the second set of errors.
I would be happy to help you get to the bottom of this but you keep insisting on operating under the false premise that there was a conflicting version of the dll present despite my assurances to the contrary. I'm sure of this because I did a windows search for the file after downloading the one from your site which was still zipped. The only result was in the system32 dir.
Old 6th October 2009, 20:27   #1323  |  Link

Well, you don't acknowledge my argument!

If the DLL was not found you would have got a message to that effect. So it was found. If it was the correct one you wouldn't have any errors. Thus, I conclude that you must have been picking up the wrong DLL from somewhere. It may not be the DGNV directory. Search your entire hard drive for it.
Old 6th October 2009, 20:35   #1324  |  Link
darcmage

I'm sorry but there's nothing else I can say other than thank you for creating this tool for us.
Old 6th October 2009, 20:41   #1325  |  Link

Don't go away mad!

Try this. Take it out of DGNV and put it back into system32. What happens?
Old 6th October 2009, 20:49   #1326  |  Link
darcmage

I'm not mad. A little disappointed in how the conversation has deteriorated but not mad.

I never removed the original dll from the c:\..\system32 dir, just made a copy to the d:\DGNV dir which has so far prevented further cuvid picture decode () errors.
Old 12th November 2009, 14:01   #1327  |  Link
JungleBoy

Since the BBC HD changed their encoders over in August the audio is now transmitted either at 192Kbps 2 channel or 384Kbps 6 channel AC3. When demuxing a TS file with 192Kbps 2 channel audio (with either with DGAVCIndex or DGAVCIndexNV) the ac3 filename is created with 384Kbps 6 channel in the name. Media Info says the ac3 file is 192Kbps 2 channel.

I suspect the BBC HD TS stream is always set to 384Kbps 6 channel to prevent switch over problems which may confuse DGAVCIndexNV. When playing the ac3 file using either VLC v1.0.3 or MPC-HC v1.3.1301.0 (with ffdshow 3078) the duration shown is half the actual duration with a bitrate shown of 384Kbps. The audio sounds ok but the timer shown is wrong.

Muxing the ac3 file into the MKV works and no one would be the wizer. Media Info shows the MKV apparently containing 384Kbps 6 channel AC3 audio when it's really 192Kbps 2 channel AC3. Muxing the ac3 into an AVI causes the audio to be played back at double speed.

I've been using the latest version of Audacity (that supports AC3) to create an ac3 file with 192Kbps 2 channel before muxing with the MKV or AVI. A better way it seems is to put the TS file through tsMuxeR GUI to create M2TS. If the M2TS is put through DGAVCIndexNV the ac3 file comes out at 192Kbps 2 channel with the correct filename as well so no fiddling is needed with Audacity.

Another question.
If the TS file contains continuity errors I assume it's better to create M2TS as I understand it contains timing information.
When demuxing the audio from the TS, compressing the 264 and re-muxing the video and audio into MKV or AVI, lip sync errors can often be seen after a continuity error as occurred especially with AVI files.
Will this lip sync error be prevented/reduced if M2TS is fed into DGAVCIndexNV rather than the raw TS file ?

Last edited by JungleBoy; 12th November 2009 at 14:11.
Old 12th November 2009, 15:13   #1328  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleBoy View Post
Since the BBC HD changed their encoders over in August the audio is now transmitted either at 192Kbps 2 channel or 384Kbps 6 channel AC3.
If you want me to look at this you'll have to provide a transport stream sample that I can use to duplicate the issue.

Quote:
If the TS file contains continuity errors I assume it's better to create M2TS as I understand it contains timing information.
It means there are missing packets in the stream.

Quote:
Will this lip sync error be prevented/reduced if M2TS is fed into DGAVCIndexNV rather than the raw TS file ?
No.

BTW, I recommend upgrading to DGNV tools version 2.0.0b2.
Old 12th November 2009, 15:40   #1329  |  Link
paulvdb

I think the cause of JungleBoy's BBC HD audio bitrate problem is probably that he catches a small fragment of 384 kbps audio at the beginning of the programme before it switches to 192 kbps.
Old 12th November 2009, 16:12   #1330  |  Link

Yes, that is probably true. With a sample I could verify it. The issue of changing audio is on my to-do list, BTW.
Old 12th November 2009, 16:19   #1331  |  Link
JungleBoy

paulvdb is correct.

I edited the TS to give just the first minute and put this through DGAvcIndexNV - out comes 384Kbps 6 channel.
I then did almost the exact same thing except instead of starting at 0.00 sec I edited out the first 'I' frame (started at 0.76 sec). This time DGAvcIndexNV creates a filename with 192Kbps 2 channel.

So the switch over is occuring sometime during the first 'I' frame. I think I'm starting the cut too early when editing. I usually start the cut during the black bit just before the programme starts. I'll try cutting on the first frame with a picture in future.

I created 12 second versions to keep the file size down.

file1.ts (14.34MB - First 12 seconds)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mny2mvn24jq
Creates audio file "file1 PID 157d 3_2ch 48KHz 384Kbps DELAY -1095ms.ac3"

file2.ts (13.38MB - First 12 seconds but with first 'I' frame removed)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zfz4jedzyiw
Creates audio file "file2 PID 157d 2_0ch 48KHz 192Kbps DELAY -1087ms.ac3"
-----
I just replicated the same problem with another TS file.
This time I cut on the first picture (not the black picture) and created the TS file.
I then created the ac3 using DGAvcIndexNV - it created a filename with 384Kbps 6 channel.
The ac3 filesize was about 80Mbyte for 1 hour - a sure sign that the file is actually 192Kbps.
Media Info confirmed that it was 192Kbps 2 channel.

So I repeated what I did before - create 2 TS files from the start with the second having the first 'I' frame removed.
The first file created 384Kbps in the name - the second (with the first 'I' frame removed) created 192Kbps.

The switch over is definitely within the first 'I' frame period immediately after the first picture frame.
It's probably a bug or a feature of the new BBC HD encoders.

I'll carry on either using the Audacity or cut after the first 'I' frame.

Last edited by JungleBoy; 13th November 2009 at 22:21.
Old 18th November 2009, 00:41   #1332  |  Link
DonDan
Deblender

Don't think I have posted to this thread before, so first: Big thanks for this fine piece of software that finally allowed me to handle interlaced VC-1, or crap as I call them, sources

Of course the fact that you see me posting here might have given it away: I ran into a problem now.

I am encoding a set of episodes from the same series and one episode keeps giving me this error in the same place: "GPU decoder: Failed to create video decoder (100)"
I will 99.99% exclude a corrupt source file (as in data corruption on my harddisc) as I could reproduce the issue on another PC and also had a friend confirm the issue on his own machine.

I have cut the part of the m2ts that is giving the error. It is short enough to be considered a quotation from the original, so sharing the file here should be entirely legal: http://www.mediafire.com/?zjm4jyywmdl

Hope you can a) use my sample and b) diagnose anything else then a blip in production

Last edited by Guest; 18th November 2009 at 01:07. Reason: rule 4
Old 18th November 2009, 15:07   #1333  |  Link

@DonDan

Well first it's VC1 and you're posting in the AVC thread! Let's overlook that.

There is corruption in the stream that causes the video parser to request the GPU to create a decoder for an insane-sized frame and it errors out. I added a check to reject new sequences unless they have a proper frame size. This allows the clip to continue but you'll have errors. I'll put this in the 2.0.0 beta 4.

May I ask where this stream came from? If it's from a bluray I'm surprised that it is errored. It also has irregular pulldown, which I've never seen on a bluray or with VC1.
Old 18th November 2009, 18:44   #1334  |  Link
DonDan
Deblender

Damn, you are right, I beg you pardon Sir

It is indeed from a Bluray (I could get ahold of the german retail as to my knowledge there is no other release yet).
It must be a mastering issue then, as I reripped it from another disc only to get the exact same issue.

Thanks a bunch for the quick fix!
Old 26th November 2009, 01:39   #1335  |  Link
crl2007

I see that now it is only one program, DGDecNV 2.0.0 beta 3. I'm interested in purchasing this, but in megui I've seen that it has spaces for DGAVCIndex(NV), DGVC1Index(NV) and DGMPGIndex(NV). So, if I buy this, how should I proceed ?
Old 26th November 2009, 02:04   #1336  |  Link

MEGUI died when you weren't looking (or let's be charitable and say it is in death throes but recovery is not completely impossible -- I'd love to be wrong about it but where are the positive indications?). You proceed by using other GUIs such as StaxRip that have been updated for recent DGNV support, or you use the CLI interfaces. Lord_MuldeR's simple GUI also works fine with DGNV.
Old 26th November 2009, 11:18   #1337  |  Link
crl2007

Thx for your reply. I saw on their development site that some software was updated there on the 25th, this month. There is still hope. Or, at least, I'm still hoping.
Old 28th November 2009, 06:53   #1338  |  Link

OT discussion of DGAVCDec (the non-NV version) was deleted.

This thread is closed as it is superceded by DGNV tools 2.0.0.
Closed Thread