Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th March 2007, 15:14   #10  |  Link
dragonle87

Hi, I have quite a few mkv files with audio out of sync when storing xvid to native mpeg-4 asp. The weird thing is all of these files play perfectly fine in mkv with vfw hack. So basically, is there a way to revert back the changes? If not, can you make it available in the next release? Cause I don't like going thru every single one of them to fix synchronization when they are originally in sync prior to muxing. You know, kind of like how you reintroduced the "--engage allow_avc_in_vfw_mode" hack, make a similar feature like "--engage allow_asp_in_vfw_mode" hack or "--unengage native_mpeg-4" ...well something to that effect. The crappy thing is I don't have the original a/v files prior to muxing in mkv nor do I like the fact of going thru the whole encoding process again.

btw, for playback, I use MPC (internal filters disabled) + ffdshow + Haali's splitter.