Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 28th December 2007, 12:18   #21  |  Link
tritical

With the settings you used dfttest isn't even a temporal filter... on every getframe call it simply requests the current frame, filters it, and then returns it. I'm really not sure how it could have any effect on the order of frames.

dfttest might have an issue with SetMTMode(2). Unfortunately, I'm not up to date on how all the setmtmode and built-in avisynth multithreading works. I do remember that Colormatrix initially had some problems working with mt-avisynth, and dfttest uses the same kind of threading model. The main thread creates a set of worker threads which it maintains in a threadpool, and on every getframe call the main thread distributes work to the worker threads. The main thread then sits and waits for the worker threads to finish, and then returns the final frame. tsp would be probably know whether this can work with SetMTMode(2) or not.

On another note, in the currently available version of dfttest I accidently left 3 function pointers as global variables. This will cause an issue if multiple instances of dfttest are used in the same script and they have different values for ftype or zmean. Also, if in one instance sbsize%4==0 and in another it doesn't then there will be a problem. I've fixed this issue in the version on my computer. Hopefully I'll be able to it this weekend.
tritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 12:18   #22  |  Link
Kumo

i'm finding this filter very usefull for a video i'm trying to convert.at the moment i'm using dfttest like this:
Code:
source = last
backward_vec3 = source.MVAnalyse(isb = true, delta = 3, pel = 2, overlap=4, sharp=1, idx = 1)
backward_vec2 = source.MVAnalyse(isb = true, delta = 2, pel = 2, overlap=4, sharp=1, idx = 1)
backward_vec1 = source.MVAnalyse(isb = true, delta = 1, pel = 2, overlap=4, sharp=1, idx = 1)
forward_vec1 = source.MVAnalyse(isb = false, delta = 1, pel = 2, overlap=4, sharp=1, idx = 1)
forward_vec2 = source.MVAnalyse(isb = false, delta = 2, pel = 2, overlap=4, sharp=1, idx = 1)
forward_vec3 = source.MVAnalyse(isb = false, delta = 3, pel = 2, overlap=4, sharp=1, idx = 1)
source.MVDegrain3(backward_vec1,forward_vec1,backward_vec2,forward_vec2,backward_vec3,forward_vec3,thSAD=400,idx=1)
dfttest(sigma=1)
with mvdegrain before it.there's a way to mvcompensate dfttest with mvtools instead of using mvdegrain3 as a previus filter?can anyone post a sample usage sript?thanks
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 14:49   #23  |  Link
Terranigma
*Space Reserved*

(tritical's example, modded)

source=last
vf1=source.mvanalyse(pel=2,blksize=8,isb=false,idx=1,overlap=4,sharp=2,truemotion=true)
vf2=source.mvanalyse(pel=2,blksize=8,isb=false,idx=1,delta=2,overlap=4,sharp=2,truemotion=true)
vb1=source.mvanalyse(pel=2,blksize=8,isb=true,idx=1,overlap=4,sharp=2,truemotion=true)
vb2=source.mvanalyse(pel=2,blksize=8,isb=true,idx=1,delta=2,overlap=4,sharp=2,truemotion=true)
interleave(\
mvcompensate(source,vf2,idx=1,thSCD1=800)\
, mvcompensate(source,vf1,idx=1,thSCD1=800)\
, source\
, mvcompensate(source,vb1,idx=1,thSCD1=800)\
, mvcompensate(source,vb2,idx=1,thSCD1=800))
dfttest(sigma=1)
selectevery(5,2)
Terranigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 15:49   #24  |  Link
elguaxo

Isn't it necessary to have tbsize=3 in dfttest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didée View Post
Note that with default settings, dfttest works purely spatial (tbsize=1), so it won't benefit at all from the compensation.
You should instead use dfttest(sigma=[something], tbsize=3) in that script, to actually make use of the motion compensation.
elguaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 18:28   #25  |  Link
Didée

With tbsize=3, dfttest uses 3 frames: current, current-1, current+1.
To use 2 backward and 2 forward compensations in the code Terranigma posted, set tbsize=5.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 18:44   #26  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

I find it interesting how people just copy and paste the script information from that DV cleaning thread, even after Didee already explained this.
Old 12th February 2008, 18:55   #27  |  Link
Terranigma
*Space Reserved*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin7777 View Post
I find it interesting how people just copy and paste the script information from that DV cleaning thread, even after Didee already explained this.
...and what I find interesting, is that I missed it, since I don't go searching and waiting for all posts by Didée.
Terranigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008, 19:21   #28  |  Link
elguaxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didée View Post
With tbsize=3, dfttest uses 3 frames: current, current-1, current+1.
To use 2 backward and 2 forward compensations in the code Terranigma posted, set tbsize=5.
elguaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 03:55   #29  |  Link
Chainmax
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritical View Post
With the settings you used dfttest isn't even a temporal filter... on every getframe call it simply requests the current frame, filters it, and then returns it. I'm really not sure how it could have any effect on the order of frames.
On another note, in the currently available version of dfttest I accidently left 3 function pointers as global variables. This will cause an issue if multiple instances of dfttest are used in the same script and they have different values for ftype or zmean. Also, if in one instance sbsize%4==0 and in another it doesn't then there will be a problem. I've fixed this issue in the version on my computer. Hopefully I'll be able to it this weekend.
If you can, please set default values that make it act as a 3D filter so that lazy filterers like I only have to change the sigma value .
Old 19th February 2008, 01:22   #30  |  Link
tritical

I'll change it in the next version.
tritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 00:43   #31  |  Link
murrsturr

Thank you!

Thanks Tritical. Very much appreciated.
murrsturr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 16:07   #32  |  Link
kwak

Hi Guys this is my first post

I've a problem to locate the directory for the libfftw3f-3.dll file in windows Vista 64bit, I've just used this filter in XP without problem, and I've just tried a solution on the FFTW site without success.

Please help me

forward to all

Last edited by kwak; 7th May 2008 at 18:16.
kwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 16:43   #33  |  Link
lol_123

I am confused about the term "denoise" , when you guys say it, what does it exactly mean, de-mosquito noise of MPEG ?
lol_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 06:58   #34  |  Link
R3Z
Silver Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol_123 View Post
I am confused about the term "denoise" , when you guys say it, what does it exactly mean, de-mosquito noise of MPEG ?
Predominantly random dots and particles that are not part of the detail make up of the movie. Denoise also covers film grain and other small imperfections.
R3Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 07:08   #35  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

kwak, if you can't get it into the windows system32 folder (or syswow64 in x64) then you have to put it into the same folder as the program you're running, or another folder that's on the "path".
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 18:41   #36  |  Link
kwak

thanks foxyshadis, now dfttest runs great also in vista
kwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2008, 21:44   #37  |  Link
Chainmax
Huh?

So, for using its temporal component, all one has to set is tbsize to something higher than 1, right?
Old 30th July 2008, 16:54   #38  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Yes. I usually find 3-5 a good range.
Old 24th January 2009, 00:19   #39  |  Link
weisskreuz

Thanks, that gives amazing effect.
But I’ve got a problem, that when I use dfttest on win2003, it gives me a result with random black/green bar (random frame & random location)
I tried avs 2.5.6~2.5.8, also tried just put dfttest and avs default filters in plugins directory, update fft, update drivers, but can't solve this problem.

If you can see this clip, you will know what I said
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jgtn2el3xjn

I'm using:
Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition SP2
QuadCore Intel Xeon E5335, 2000 MHz (6 x 333)
Intel Sapello S5000VSA (1 PCI, 2 PCI-E x8, 2 PCI-X, 4/8 FB-DIMM, Video, Dual Gigabit LAN)
4089 MB (DDR2-667 Fully Buffered ECC DDR2 SDRAM)
ATI ES1000 (16 MB)
weisskreuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2009, 00:42   #40  |  Link
masterkivat
変身!

I already had that issue, but I've formated my pc here (now running Vista x64 with updated drivers), and until now I didn't get it. Hope tritical could awser us what we must to do avoid that
masterkivat is offline   Reply With Quote