Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th November 2015, 14:26   #3361  |  Link
v0lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by amayra View Post
what is difference between mpc-hc shadres options and mpc-be shadres combiner ?
As far as I know, not much difference.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2015, 18:59   #3362  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lt View Post
As far as I know, not much difference.
i will try with 64bit ver and come back
Old 7th November 2015, 19:52   #3363  |  Link
73ChargerFan

I'm having trouble starting videos: I start a MKV by double clicking in Windows Explorer, which launches MPC-BE, and THEN there is a 10 second pause. The audio plays fine, but often times I'll get only the first second or two of video, then it stops showing new frames until around the 10 second mark, then it resyncs video to audio and I'm good to go. Worst thing, the controls are completely unresponsive, I just get a spinning "computer is busy" pointer.

This only happens on player start up, not if I choose a new video from within the player.

Windows 7 x65, AMD Pheonom II triple core CPU, nVidia 8600GTS video card, 8 MB ram, video files are stored on local hard drives. Power management isn't the cause (that is, the hard drives aren't sleeping when I begin the video.)

System was rebuilt a few months ago w/ a new SSD and new install of Win 7. I install MPC-BE using the archive instead of the installer on this machine. The issue wasn't present for at least a month afterwards, as I was looking for problems with the new build and didn't find any.

I've had this problem for a few months, I figured it was introduced in a nightly build and would get resolved, but still no. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
73ChargerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2015, 20:00   #3364  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ChargerFan View Post
I'm having trouble starting videos: I start a MKV by double clicking in Windows Explorer, which launches MPC-BE, and THEN there is a 10 second pause. The audio plays fine, but often times I'll get only the first second or two of video, then it stops showing new frames until around the 10 second mark, then it resyncs video to audio and I'm good to go. Worst thing, the controls are completely unresponsive, I just get a spinning "computer is busy" pointer.

This only happens on player start up, not if I choose a new video from within the player.

Windows 7 x65, AMD Pheonom II triple core CPU, nVidia 8600GTS video card, 8 MB ram, video files are stored on local hard drives. Power management isn't the cause (that is, the hard drives aren't sleeping when I begin the video.)

System was rebuilt a few months ago w/ a new SSD and new install of Win 7. I install MPC-BE using the archive instead of the installer on this machine. The issue wasn't present for at least a month afterwards, as I was looking for problems with the new build and didn't find any.

I've had this problem for a few months, I figured it was introduced in a nightly build and would get resolved, but still no. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
check your harddisk
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2015, 20:15   #3365  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Different issue: On another Win 7 computer, I load a DVD iso using VirtualCloneDrive 5.4.7.0, then watch the DVD using MPC-BE 1.4.5 (build 677). When I exit the program, it auto-ejects the image. This is undesirable, is there a new option for this behavior?
Old 7th November 2015, 20:17   #3366  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
check your harddisk
I have 6 hard disks and it does this on all, also across the network from 3 other computers.

Note that I don't have this problem on other computers, so maybe it is a flaky video card? I don't have a spare to test, though.

I'll try turning DXVA on/off to see if that helps.

============================================
Updated to v1.4.6 build 909 and I don't see the problem now.

Last edited by 73ChargerFan; 8th November 2015 at 01:18. Reason: Update
Old 8th November 2015, 07:59   #3367  |  Link
v0lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ChargerFan View Post
Different issue: On another Win 7 computer, I load a DVD iso using VirtualCloneDrive 5.4.7.0, then watch the DVD using MPC-BE 1.4.5 (build 677). When I exit the program, it auto-ejects the image. This is undesirable, is there a new option for this behavior?
There is no such option. The player automatically mounts the image using Virtual CloneDrive and automatically unmounts it at the end of play.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 04:39   #3368  |  Link
Nullack

Hi, so since it seems MPC-HC has stalled in development, Im trialling MPC-Be. I currently have spent a few hours learning the settings and configuring my x64 nightly MPC-BE to use the external GIT LAV Filters v33. Some questions please:

Q: Where can I find button toolbars that are huge for high DPI 4K displays? Like minimum 48x48 or bigger? Im running a curved 65" UHD display. The default is way too small and doesnt work for a user in the setup.

Q: Im having troubles figuring out how the development is going and what features are supposed to be present since the commit logs are in Russian and I dont speak it. Is there a way to get english change notes for the in dev stuff not released?

Q: Like the above, is bluray disk menu playback supported like what VLC have been doing recently with full java bluray menu support?

Thanks, I look forward to contributing to bug reports and so on
Nullack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 05:01   #3369  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lt View Post
There is no such option. The player automatically mounts the image using Virtual CloneDrive and automatically unmounts it at the end of play.
No it wasn't automounting it. I mount the image myself beforehand, play the dvd, take notes about extras / play lists / episode names, then expect the image to remain mounted so I can convert it to various MKV files.

Please, if it didn't automount, then it shouldn't auto-unmount.
Old 9th November 2015, 05:43   #3370  |  Link
Nullack

Heres a screenshot of the toolbar problem for UHD displays with high DPI. Note the size of the pause notice in the top right, and how tiny the toolbar objects are with seek, time, pause, stop etcetc

http://i63.tinypic.com/24oqbf4.png
Old 9th November 2015, 05:56   #3371  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullack View Post
Heres a screenshot of the toolbar problem for UHD displays with high DPI. Note the size of the pause notice in the top right, and how tiny the toolbar objects are with seek, time, pause, stop etcetc

http://i63.tinypic.com/24oqbf4.png
We are know. Problem that toolbar based on image file ...
Old 9th November 2015, 06:17   #3372  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Q: Im having troubles figuring out how the development is going and what features are supposed to be present since the commit logs are in Russian and I dont speak it. Is there a way to get english change notes for the in dev stuff not released?
I just use Google translate on

https://github.com/svn2github/mpcbe/commits/master

It works pretty well.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 06:55   #3373  |  Link
Nullack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
I just use Google translate on

https://github.com/svn2github/mpcbe/commits/master

It works pretty well.
Thanks, I can see only one branch on that GIT project and its way old.

EDIT: For the benefit of others, heres the devs current trunk branch that their nightlies list the commits off:

http://sourceforge.net/p/mpcbe/code/...g/?path=/trunk

Last edited by Nullack; 9th November 2015 at 08:16.
Old 9th November 2015, 06:56   #3374  |  Link
Nullack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
We are know. Problem that toolbar based on image file ...
Thanks, so its a known problem. Is there a new fixed toolbar for these high dpi UHD setups I can download or is it pending?
Old 9th November 2015, 13:09   #3375  |  Link
jaro1

It seems my comment about volume sliders synchronization for directsound api loosed devs attention as something not worth mentioning.
As a fan of the project and energy efficiency of this player, please, i'd like to know any devs opinion or maybe a notice about possible future code adjustment to address this or not, thank you.
jaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 13:36   #3376  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaro1 View Post
It seems my comment about volume sliders synchronization for directsound api loosed devs attention as something not worth mentioning.
Not planned.
Old 9th November 2015, 14:12   #3377  |  Link
Manni

Anyone could comment on my earlier post below? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
Hi there,

I'm getting MPC-BE crashes with any AMD driver post 14.12. I tried 15.7, 15.7.1, as well as the recent 15.10 beta, and I keep getting crashes as soon as the player launches, before it even starts playing anything.

This is with an AMD HD 7870, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with MCE (details in sig).

I'm launching my Blu-ray rips to BD Folders from MyMovies. This is with the last stable of MyMovies, the last stable of KCB Black (0.7) and the last MadVR (0.89.13).

Is this a known bug? Anyone else experiencing this? It's been there for a while now.

I'm happy to help debug this, but I have reverted to 14.12 so would need to reinstall the drivers causing the issue to debug. There are no crash with Catalyst 14.12, only with more recent versions.

Please let me know if you need any more information and how to get it to you.
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 18:43   #3378  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

Quote:
Hi, so since it seems MPC-HC has stalled in development
Anything you are waiting in particular? Any issues, requests?
kasper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 22:27   #3379  |  Link
XMonarchY

What are the benefits of using MPC-BE over MPC-HC??? Here's my setup: MPC-HC x86, LAV Filters, ReClock, madVR. I definitely need to use ReClock to get perfect video + audio synchronization. Would it be of any benefit for me to switch from MPC-HC to MPC-BE? From what I see, MPC-HC is more a raw player, while MPC-BE comes with some enhancements, but aren't they redundant when used with LAV Filters, ReClock, and madVR???
Old 10th November 2015, 01:56   #3380  |  Link
Nullack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
Anything you are waiting in particular? Any issues, requests?
Thanks

I posted some screenshots showing high dpi font scaling bugs in the MPC-HC GUI in your discussion thread. The tickboxes in filters for example. This is fixed in MPC-BE.

Since, Ive also noticed that the CTRL J statistics in MPC-HC are also too small too read in MPC-HC. Its fixed in MPC-BE.

Im happy to assist both projects with bug reports for things I notice

For both projects, it would be super awesome in the request of features space to have my dream of:

1. VLC dev style attempts at full java menus with bluray discs

2. Support for 3D bluray discs, including going full screen and changing from a 2D resolution to a 3D resolution automatically for 3D bluray content. e.g. My UHD 4K display does 2160P@60hz in 2D, but it goes down in 3D mode to 1080P@24hz.

The DVD stuff in both works well, its high time for bluray content to be fully supported I believe libluray has come a long way - I just use anydvd for decypting