Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 12th September 2006, 18:51   #1081  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuongshoo
@nickolasemp
i'm too. I choose menu play / filter / e:\film.mp4 , choose gpac streaming text

mpc don't seem to display subtitle automaticly
you need to enable the internal mpc subtitle decoder or install vsfilter

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2006, 22:08   #1082  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiàn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGato
I can read what was posted, not what wasn't.
That post was after your response.
Well, actually it was always there:But I do admit this thread is a bit too long, which is not your fault. So, let me summarize the situation for those who start reading this thread from the middle.
  1. The extension .flv is Flash Video, it is a container like .avi or .mp4
  2. The video codecs used in .flv include FLV1, FLV4, FLV5.
    • FLV1 : An old codec, Sorenson Spark (Sorenson H263). Used in many .flv files, such as ones on YouTube. To play FLV1, use MPC (OR FLVSplitter)+ffdshow with FLV1 support enabled.
    • FLV4 : On2 VP6.2 codec. Gabest started to support it since Revision 592. In celitc_druid's MPC binary, it has been supported since Revision 604. They are newer than official 6.4.9.0 but you can use Celtic_Druid's files, mirrored in Japan, France and in the US. (The link to my mirror is in my footer.) Supported in newer FLVSplitter too, not only MPC, meaning you can play FLV4/VP6.2 with any normal DS players.
    • FLV5 : FLV4 with layers. Partially supported since Revision 608.
  3. Detailed Changelog for those who are interested.

@DonGato: "I can read what was posted, not what wasn't." is what I could have said to you too. You hadn't said that you already downlaoded the .flv file from the page, and the difficult part in this case is to find the hidden URL, so I assumed you were asking about that. I did't mean to insult you at all, but just didn't know what you were asking, as playing FLV4.flv itself is very easy, actually easier than playing FLV1, for the current MPC. (Recently ffmpeg has supported FLV4/VP6.2 too)

Last edited by Liisachan; 12th September 2006 at 22:11.
Liisachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 10:57   #1083  |  Link
chros

@Liisachan: thanks for the summerizing !
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 17:23   #1084  |  Link
nickolasemp
Special user

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond View Post
you need to enable the internal mpc subtitle decoder or install vsfilter
Thank you bond for your answer. I have installed Vsfilter and all the other subtitles (external files srt) play normally with any kind of media type; either mp4 or avi (that's what I'm using). But when I put them inside my mp4 they do not appear. I tried to use Haali's splitter and it parially worked... my subs were somehow garbled. So I guess the real problem must be mpc's splitter... I'll check on it through its internal mpc subtitle decoder to see if it works.
Old 21st September 2006, 20:46   #1085  |  Link
nickolasemp
Special user

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuongshoo View Post
@nickolasemp
i'm too. I choose menu play / filter / e:\film.mp4 , choose gpac streaming text

mpc don't seem to display subtitle automaticly
To enable ttxt subtitles inside an mp4 file:

First of all be sure to have chosen VMR9 (renderless) or something else than system default in view->options->playback->output. Now close your mpc and reopen it for changes to take effect.

Then go to play->subtitles and chose the one which says plain text. Of course in the same option you must choose Enable... From there you can reload, and choose the style of your subs...

My problem is that I can't playback greek subs. Only english are supported. In addition it doesn't support such "é" characters in French...

Last edited by nickolasemp; 21st September 2006 at 20:46. Reason: keyboard mistakes
nickolasemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 21:12   #1086  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasemp View Post
My problem is that I can't playback greek subs. Only english are supported. In addition it doesn't support such "é" characters in French...
might be that you need to install the windows fonts for greek as vsfilter propably uses the windows fonts

about the é problem: ttxt needs to be in utf-8. to make sure that you get the subs to be in utf-8 you can try to save your .txt subtitle file as utf-8 and try to mux this into .mp4

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 21:33   #1087  |  Link
nickolasemp
Special user

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!-- GPAC 3GPP Text Stream -->
<TextStream version="1.0">
<TextStreamHeader width="400" height="60" layer="0" translation_x="0" translation_y="0">
<TextSampleDescription horizontalJustification="center" verticalJustification="bottom" backColor="0 0 0 0" verticalText="no" fillTextRegion="no" continuousKaraoke="no" scroll="None">
<FontTable>
<FontTableEntry fontName="Serif" fontID="1"/>
</FontTable>
<TextBox top="0" left="0" bottom="60" right="400"/>
<Style styles="Normal" fontID="1" fontSize="18" color="ff ff ff ff"/>
</TextSampleDescription>
</TextStreamHeader>
<TextSample sampleTime="00:00:00.000" text="">
</TextSample>
<TextSample sampleTime="00:00:01.100" text="'Chanson'">
</TextSample>
<TextSample sampleTime="00:00:03.950" text="">
</TextSample>
<TextSample sampleTime="00:00:04.099" text="'chante par: Anggun, Benabar, Amel Bent, Corneille''Emma Daumas, Jenifer, Leslie, Emmanuel Moire, Tete''M. Pokora, Roch Voisine, Patrick Bruel''Kyo et Stephanie de Monaco'">
</TextSample>
<TextSample sampleTime="00:00:10.949" text="">
</TextSample>
<TextSample sampleTime="00:00:14.099" text="'C'est nous contre leurs peines'">
</TextSample>
<TextSample sampleTime="00:00:16.550" text="">
</TextSample>
<TextSample sampleTime="00:00:16.949" text="'Et le message est clair'">
</TextSample>
<TextSample sampleTime="00:00:18.949" text="">
</TextSample>
<TextSample sampleTime="00:00:19.100" text="'Les mots passent'">
</TextSample>
<TextSample sampleTime="00:00:19.949" text="">
</TextSample>
<TextSample sampleTime="00:00:20.100" text="'Et l&apos;indifférence règne'">
Thanks for the info, I had to open the ttxt file created from yamb and change one by one all the stuff that I had to change.

I just have one last question though:
The &apos; thing can't be read by my mpc. For example, it just stops in "Et l " or in the beginning it just says "C "...
How do I get past this one? What is the format of ttxt? Is there somewhere I can find it? Would you recommend me a program that can transcode srt files to ttxt in UTF-8 (YAMB just crashes in è characters)? Thanks a lot in advance...

Edit #1: I think I should post these problems from now and on st "GPAC's MP4Box Information, Requests and Discussions"... Thanks for your previous help.

Edit #2: It would be nice though to suggest an application...

Last edited by nickolasemp; 22nd September 2006 at 07:52.
nickolasemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2006, 20:14   #1088  |  Link
vlada

Is there any chance to see a letterboxing feature for DVD playback as I discussed in this thread? Thanks.
vlada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2006, 04:13   #1089  |  Link
c0de_v0id

Hi,
It's been a long time since i've last visit this forum. Currently I'm having trouble with Windows file context menu. It's probably a noob problem. I tried searching for an answer all over the place but I cant find a way to solve this.

When i just double-click on the video file, windows would use mpc to play but whenever I tried to use "Queue-it-up" or "Add to Play-list" from the file context menu with multiple video files selected, windows Media player would pop up instead of mpc. Even when I tried using Open with-> Media player classic with the files selected/high-lighted, It would just play a single file that my cursor is currently on instead of the whole list(selected/high-lighted files). Is there any Registry fix for this?

Thanks in advance,
doom9 lurker

Last edited by c0de_v0id; 8th October 2006 at 04:15.
c0de_v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2006, 09:08   #1090  |  Link
KoD

That is because those entries do belong to WMP.

To queue something in MPC you need to do like this: open MPC, then open its playlist (View-> Playlist or simply press Ctrl+7), then drag and drop what files you wish to queue in that playlist. Double click the first file to start playback. You can hide the playlist window now (View-> Playlist or simply press Ctrl+7 again) and you can bring it up later the same way (also View-> Playlist or simply press Ctrl+7).

Last edited by KoD; 8th October 2006 at 09:12.
KoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2006, 09:46   #1091  |  Link
c0de_v0id

Yeah I knew how to do that. But I thought it's kinda cubersome.( or lazy )
Old 8th October 2006, 14:28   #1092  |  Link
kurt
sidekick

try it like in the following pic

Code:
"C:\Programme\MediaPlayerClassic\mplayerc.exe" /ADD "%1"
Old 9th October 2006, 10:52   #1093  |  Link
c0de_v0id

Kurk, first of all, thanks for answering. With the help of webtranslators looking up the german words , I can now magically add the files to the playlist. New problem came up tho. MPC doesnt clean up the default playlist after closing. So everytime I queue up the files, the old list is still there and the new stuff are just appended to the list. Is there a way around it? Sorry, I'm just so hopeless and cant figure out stuff on my own T_T

thanks again, kurk,
c0de
Old 9th October 2006, 11:14   #1094  |  Link
Peuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0de_v0id View Post
ok I take back what i mentioned earlier. This mplayerc.exe /add "%1" only seems to be adding 1 file at a time instead of all the high-lighted/selected list. Any other way to make mpc recognize the whole list instead of just one file?
I use the "Send to" command to add files in the playlist.
Just add a shortcut of MPC in the "Send to" folder (C:\Documents and Settings\"user name"\SendTo)
Peuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2006, 11:33   #1095  |  Link
c0de_v0id

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuj View Post
I use the "Send to" command to add files in the playlist.
Just add a shortcut of MPC in the "Send to" folder (C:\Documents and Settings\"user name"\SendTo)
Ah. I was deleting that last post cuz i figured out what i did wrong. I added /PLAY to the "action to perform" string (mplayerc /add "%1" /play) and mpc would only be taking 1 file instead of the list. So yeah the problem is back to that earlier post where i was saying how mpc doesnt delete the old entries from the default playlist when i close it. And also I'd love to be able to add /PLAY to that command string (so that mpc starts playing whenever I add files) and be able to add the whole list instead of just one file. But as of now, I dont think there's any way to do that. So I guess I'll be content with what I've got so far.
Thanks a lot for your help guys.

Last edited by c0de_v0id; 9th October 2006 at 11:36.
Old 9th October 2006, 11:54   #1096  |  Link
c0de_v0id

ok Problem solved. Why didnt I think of it earlier. Clearly, it was on Kurt's screenshots. What I did was I created 2 actions for the Videofile type.
1. Open with action string as "(mplayerpath)\mplayerc.exe" %1 /PLAY
2. Queue-to-mpc with action string as "(mplayerpath)\mplayerc.exe" /ADD %1

And I'd set Open as default action.

Whenever I have a list of file to play. I would double-click on the first file of the list and then select/high-light the rest of the list and Queue-to-mpc. For example if i have 10 episodes of Family Guy. I'd double-click on ep 1. while mpc starts playing ep 1, I'd Queue-to-mpc the other 9 episodes. 2 steps but much better than manually dragging the files to the playlist ^^

Thanks again, Kurt, to all those screenshots and the rest of you guys for your pointers. <3

c0de

Edit: It also solved my complaint about mpc not deleting the old entries when it's closed. Now all i have to do is: If I want to watch Simpsons episodes after watching Family Guy episodes, I'd just double-click on the first episode of simpsons and queue the rest. The default action "Open" "(mplayerpath)\mplayerc.exe" %1 /PLAY deletes the old entries from the playlist. thanks god

Last edited by c0de_v0id; 9th October 2006 at 12:04.
Old 9th October 2006, 12:47   #1097  |  Link
kurt
sidekick

@code_v0id:

in case you didn't know: you can also drag a complete folder to mpc (wich is good for tv-shows)
[for example using the sent to option Peuj mentioned]

Last edited by kurt; 9th October 2006 at 12:51.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2006, 13:29   #1098  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiàn

celtic_druid compiled something new, probably the one with ffdshow. "Queue output samples" support.

EDIT
The blackness problem is fixed by just updating MPC, if VMR9 mixer mode is enabled.
The problem is also fixed with VMR9 mixer mode disabled, after I updated ffdshow to ffdshow-20061015-rev389-Q.exe

Last edited by Liisachan; 15th October 2006 at 13:43.
Liisachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2006, 13:46   #1099  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Thank you very much, celtic_druid. It works for me. Bug reports are wellcome.
haruhiko_yamagata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2006, 15:34   #1100  |  Link
clsid

The internal AAC decoder is updated as well. Thanks

Tags
media player classic