Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > NLE - Non Linear Editing

Old 10th May 2021, 12:51   #1  |  Link
arrirc
Aminei

Need help to edit my travel videos

Hello friends and fellow enthusiasts

I have been shooting travel videos with my phone with an HD set. While recording, I give the voiceover myself.

I have never done much video editing myself. I used to upload my short videos on YouTube and used the built-in editor to do some basic changes. Presently, that facility is not available anymore in YT Studio.

I need to do the following things:

1. Stabilization.

2. Colour and contrast correction (global)

3. Sound enhancement including noise removal, amplification etc.

4. A little trimming (sometimes). I generally shoot short videos.

5. Voiceover (if required).

6. Slow motion (on a part of the video)

Could someone with experience please guide me to a free software/ free web platform where I may perform these and it does not have a steep learning curve?

Please understand, I do these purely as a non-commercial venture and I have a full-time job. Hence I am unable to devote a lot of time, even if I wished to.

Thank you.
arrirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2021, 07:54   #2  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Practically all of the "under-50€" category would do the trick, except for the stabilisation, color correction (that means only Getting back the real colors - they have "creative" colouring instead) and probably voice dub. People here tend to avoid these for their inherent quality issues (lossy treatmen of movies) but considering your sources and the destination you won't sense these - plus that most of these have an interface to youtube onboard.

To solve the 1, 2 you need a better camera and filming skills. There are no shortcuts nor cheap solutions.
Old 13th May 2021, 00:34   #3  |  Link
Zarxrax

DaVinci Resolve has a free version that should be able to do all of that. This is a professional application though and is not necessarily "easy to use". It's not exactly rocket science, but you can easily find youtube videos showing how to do anything you need, as long as you are willing to take a few minutes to learn each feature.
Zarxrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2024, 12:32   #4  |  Link
dracore

I also love traveling and started making videos to share on my Instagram account. I was looking for something easy for editing because, like you, I have a full-time job and not much spare time. I found Movavi to be super helpful for this, much better than CapCut. It's straightforward and has all the features you mentioned, like stabilization, color correction, and even voiceover capabilities. Plus, it's really quick for editing and converting videos, which is a huge bonus.

Movavi has been great because it's available for both Windows and Mac, and it doesn't take ages to convert videos. It also has a bunch of optimization features that make my videos look way better without needing to spend a lot of time on them. You can check it out there if you're looking for a free tool that's easy to use and gets the job done well.

Last edited by dracore; 3rd March 2024 at 14:44.
dracore is offline   Reply With Quote