Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 2nd January 2017, 07:49   #1  |  Link
vcmohan

modPlus plugin for avisynth+

modPlus , a new plugin to work with avisynth+ r2347 is now available for down load on my plugins page. There are 9 functions in this. All are thread safe and accept all bit depths and float inputs. Restrictions if any, are mentioned in the detailed description which can be seen by clicking the name above. The functions were available as separate plugins for avisynth 2.5, 2.6 having slightly different names.
Code:
Functions:
1.Median
2.GBlur
3.MBlur
4.minvar
5. Morph
6.SaltPepper
7.SegAmp
8.TweakHist
9.Veed
10 Fan
11 Neural
These functions modify the pixel values on different criteria to suppress noise, or aid in suppressing noise in conjunction with other functions / plugins. All these are now in one plugin, hence the name. While upgrading some parameters were altered from the original versions and hence changed names.

Bug reports and suggestions for additions are welcome.

Last edited by vcmohan; 25th August 2017 at 17:39. Reason: added 2 new functions and updated
vcmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2017, 07:17   #2  |  Link
vcmohan

A new function Morph has been added to this plugin. Using morphological principles image can be dilated or eroded or opened or closed. In addition a median filtering function is also included. Use of this median filter as a pre processor to dilate or erode or open or close is preferable.
Old 25th August 2017, 17:38   #3  |  Link
vcmohan

I have now added two functions : Fan and Neural to this plugin. Fan is improved version of FanFilter (of 2.5) and works better. I have posted a script in a thread of eliminating single frame white streaks. This can also be used for attenuating regular freq noise and random noise.
Neural is a ANN function. Given input and a target output having some unknown linear relationship, it learns through a number of iterations and results look good. Recently posted @ingoldie thread Original and result videos I used with good result.
Old 26th August 2017, 07:46   #4  |  Link
hello_hello

Thank you!
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2020, 06:35   #5  |  Link
real.finder

hi
mblur and some others in x64 seems crash in avs+ 3.6.2 (at least https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlus/issues/190),
Code:
BlankClip(pixel_type="yv12") 
modPlus_mblur
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmohan View Post
Neural is a ANN function. Given input and a target output having some unknown linear relationship, it learns through a number of iterations and results look good. Recently posted @ingoldie thread Original and result videos I used with good result.
Neural seems crash on me in both x64 and x86, can you please post new usage example?

Last edited by real.finder; 22nd September 2020 at 06:38.
real.finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2020, 06:52   #6  |  Link
vcmohan

I am consolidating modplus, moveplus, fqplus and some other into one plugin. In a few days I will upload it. I will test all of the functions as I am also updating them. Just bear with me. I am a bit slow.
Old 24th September 2020, 15:47   #7  |  Link
real.finder

thanks, I will waiting for it, and BTW I note that the Neural in modplus seems missing many things that was in old http://www.avisynth.nl/users/vcmohan...NeuralNet.html
Old 24th September 2020, 17:29   #8  |  Link
real.finder

seems I use old modplus for x64, now mblur work after using last modplus

but still can get Neural to work

Code:
ColorBars(width=640, height=480, pixel_type="yv12")
Neural(Blur(1), iter = 3000 , wset = false, bestof = 1,tty = 100, tlx = 100, trx = 300, tby = 300, xpts = 7)
give
Old 25th September 2020, 13:48   #9  |  Link
vcmohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by real.finder View Post

but still can get Neural to work
I just checked with this script and looked works fine

Code:
a=colorbars()
b = GBlur(a,rad = 7, sd = 2.0)
#a=converttoRGB24(a)
#b=converttoRGB24(b)
Neural(a,b, iter = 1000, bestof = 6, wset = false,tty = 100, tlx = 200, trx = 400, tby = 300, xpts = 7, txt = "save", fname = "C:\temp\neuralfile.txt")
stackhorizontal(a,last,b)
It takes time to train, looks as though hanging, so be patient. In this example I am using blurred frame as the target. Of course it is silly, but shows working.
Old 25th September 2020, 15:42   #10  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
I just checked with this script and looked works fine

Code:
a=colorbars()
b = GBlur(a,rad = 7, sd = 2.0)
#a=converttoRGB24(a)
#b=converttoRGB24(b)
Neural(a,b, iter = 1000, bestof = 6, wset = false,tty = 100, tlx = 200, trx = 400, tby = 300, xpts = 7, txt = "save", fname = "C:\temp\neuralfile.txt")
stackhorizontal(a,last,b)
It takes time to train, looks as though hanging, so be patient. In this example I am using blurred frame as the target. Of course it is silly, but shows working.
yes, that work, so what is the problem with my previous use?
edit: I think I know, seems the train clip is not used (it use it as input one instead of last) and seems it's not optional

and is it possible to train using another frame not the 0 one? and also can we use the data in neuralfile without forced to use train clip?

Last edited by real.finder; 25th September 2020 at 16:13.
real.finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2020, 14:28   #11  |  Link
vcmohan

If you want to use another frame as tclip, you can always trim that frame as tclip = trim(last, n, n) and use it. The read option can be used to read the file back next time to save time. However the formats should be same and the saved file was not edited.
Old 26th September 2020, 16:35   #12  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
If you want to use another frame as tclip, you can always trim that frame as tclip = trim(last, n, n) and use it. The read option can be used to read the file back next time to save time. However the formats should be same and the saved file was not edited.
I already know that, but I mean in next update it will be nice if there are parameter to chose the frame like the old plugin

also I mean in read option the train clip should not be needed (I tried without it using read option and still get the access violation)
Old 28th September 2020, 14:03   #13  |  Link
vcmohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
I already know that, but I mean in next update it will be nice if there are parameter to chose the frame like the old plugin

also I mean in read option the train clip should not be needed (I tried without it using read option and still get the access violation)
OK. I will include your suggestions in the newer consolidated version 'manyPlus', It is ready but I need to update the documentation prior to uploading. May take some time.