Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 1st August 2009, 18:02   #8921  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Please make a screenshot, with CTRL+J active.

And rightmouseclick on the screen with filters opened, and the bottom one (usually the splitter) opened too.
Old 1st August 2009, 18:13   #8922  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9 View Post
By the way.. has nobody ever asked why the built-in vobsub filter cannot handle rar compressed sub files? Is is a license thing? I saw that 7-zip has a special clause on the rar decompression while otherwise being LGPL.
With DirectVobSub, all you need to do to be able to open compressed subs is put unrar.dll in your Windows system32 directory. I assume this also works with the internal one.

The dll can be downloaded freely here:
http://rarlabs.com/rar_add.htm
Old 1st August 2009, 20:28   #8923  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Please make a screenshot, with CTRL+J active.
I'm afraid control-j does nothing here.. I have the default keyboard shortcuts and I can see that it should be show stats, and I also see that "Display Stats" is active in the renderer settings, yet no stats (tried with vmr7, vmr9, custom evr.. the menu option is grayed out in EVR and overlay)
As for the rest here you go.. 32bit and 64bit varieties.. at first glance everything looks the same, I don't see any filters that are or are not there.. yet in the 32bit version the subtitle menu is active and lists all my subs, in the 64bit version it isn't active and I have no subs.

@clsid: you that does the trick.. cannot verify for the 64bit version of course since I get no subs there.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Pictures.7z (158.2 KB, 93 views)
Old 1st August 2009, 20:48   #8924  |  Link
MrHetfield

Hello people. I need help. I use MPC-HC 1.2.1161 with Radeon HD 4800 & Catalyst 9.6 & Win7. I watch DVD (MPEG2) and i don't see subtitles. Filter Microsoft DTV-DVD Video decoder (ATI Avivo work fine). Built-in filter work fine with subs. Can I see subs with avivo or not?
Old 1st August 2009, 20:56   #8925  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
I'm afraid control-j does nothing here.. I have the default keyboard shortcuts and I can see that it should be show stats, and I also see that "Display Stats" is active in the renderer settings, yet no stats (tried with vmr7, vmr9, custom evr.. the menu option is grayed out in EVR and overlay)
As for the rest here you go.. 32bit and 64bit varieties.. at first glance everything looks the same, I don't see any filters that are or are not there.. yet in the 32bit version the subtitle menu is active and lists all my subs, in the 64bit version it isn't active and I have no subs.

@clsid: you that does the trick.. cannot verify for the 64bit version of course since I get no subs there.
did you install the DirectX redist already? and reboot?
your using vsfilter external right?

You could try checking "autoload subtitles" in the options
Old 1st August 2009, 21:09   #8926  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Would subtitles, shaders & the stats graph all be the same problem? That is, don't they require the same functionality to display?
Old 1st August 2009, 21:14   #8927  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

i think they all do
Old 1st August 2009, 21:24   #8928  |  Link
Snowknight26

Quote:
You need DirectX 9 installed after running the DirectX web setup.

Quote:
I reported about the issue with the 64-bit version not showing subtitles, but I guess it was overlooked. Either way, it's a (known?) bug.
Old 1st August 2009, 22:09   #8929  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
did you install the DirectX redist already? and reboot?
your using vsfilter external right?
No, no and no.

I did the first two now and now the internal subtitle support is working for that particular AVI, both in EVR custom and VMR9 renderless mode. Naturally
Quote:
You could try checking "autoload subtitles" in the options
is enabled. It even works with the 64bit dll of unrar.dll (renamed from unrar64.dll to unrar.dll and put into %windir%\system32 as with any 64bit dll).

Isn't it a bit weird though that subs work out of the box without DX9 (I get the usual warning message about the missing d3d dll) whereas the 64bit version requires a (32bit?) directx9?
Old 1st August 2009, 22:22   #8930  |  Link
Snowknight26

Subtitle rendering doesn't require DirectX runtime libraries; its a separate issue. DirectX is, apart from a few other things, required for the display stats.
Old 1st August 2009, 23:55   #8931  |  Link
Reino

I used "search" but couldn't find what I was looking for, so I hope this hasn't been asked before...

Embedded DirectVobSub is great of course, but is it normal that I have to setup "Styles..." every time I open a movie?
I noticed that just like the external DirectVobSub filter I used in the past, the options window is only accessible while watching a movie. Isn't it possible to fully integrate these style settings into the MPC-HC subtitle settings?
Old 2nd August 2009, 03:05   #8932  |  Link
Steveo08

is it possible that the bicubic resizer is broken under win 7 x64?

because i am having ghost lines during playback.

i use the latest driver from nvidia for win 7 x64 and 8600 gt.
Old 2nd August 2009, 03:15   #8933  |  Link
Lincoln Burrows

I have created a thread here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=148667

Explaining a situation with MPC-HomeCinema. Do you guys have any idea if this is some sort of bug? I was using the last version.
Old 2nd August 2009, 05:17   #8934  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRoNe View Post
I used "search" but couldn't find what I was looking for, so I hope this hasn't been asked before...

Embedded DirectVobSub is great of course, but is it normal that I have to setup "Styles..." every time I open a movie?
I noticed that just like the external DirectVobSub filter I used in the past, the options window is only accessible while watching a movie. Isn't it possible to fully integrate these style settings into the MPC-HC subtitle settings?
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly:
Do you know about the settings under "View" > "Options" > "Subtitles>Default Style"?
Old 2nd August 2009, 07:23   #8935  |  Link
hans-jürgen

DSM Converter in MPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
The playlist needs to be redone completely imho, more like foobar2000.
Dunno what the DSM converter is, sounds pretty useless
I would also like to have a better playlist in MPC for playing whole directories with many audio files, e.g. like foobar2000 or maybe like 1by1.

But please don't remove the DSM Converter, I just discovered it and use it for demuxing audio tracks from .flv files which works great in my opinion. In fact I would like to extract audio tracks from .swf files as well which play fine in v6.4.9.1 rev 89 (not MPC-HC, the patched build), but the DSM Converter does not open them. Does anybody know if I need a separate DS filter for .swf files for extracting audio tracks with the DSM Converter?

BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ on Myspace, YouTube and Last.fm
INDIGO ROCKS on Myspace and Last.fm
Old 2nd August 2009, 09:13   #8936  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans-jürgen View Post
I would also like to have a better playlist in MPC for playing whole directories with many audio files, e.g. like foobar2000 or maybe like 1by1.
what about File -> Open Directory from the menu ?
Old 2nd August 2009, 10:10   #8937  |  Link
hans-jürgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise View Post
what about File -> Open Directory from the menu ?
I don't have that option in v6.4.9.1 rev 89, but maybe you meant "Quick Open File..."? I use it now and then, but it's a bit inconvenient, because you have to mark all files in the chosen directory first, then click "Open" and then activate the Playlist option in the "View" menu as well. Furthermore this playlist only shows the duration of played files, not the size or date.

But maybe that is only the case in the patched build of MPC and not with MPC-HC?

BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ on Myspace, YouTube and Last.fm
INDIGO ROCKS on Myspace and Last.fm
Old 2nd August 2009, 10:13   #8938  |  Link
Lincoln Burrows

I am getting a signal on the M2TS I was trying to open before.

Now it's showing image, and all sorts of things. The only problem is that the video is running too fast, it can't stay normal at all.

The image was showed only after I selected "FFDShow Video Decoder" on "External Filters". I noticed BSPlayer is running the M2TS fine, and the "Haali Media Splitter" logo is being showed on the tray. But if I choose "Prefer" on FFDShow and/or Set Merit for FFDShow Video and Haali, it will not make the M2TS normal.

What should I set on External Filters for MPC-HC?

I am trying to play all kinds of files here. The K-Lite codec pack was installed (Mega w/ last update).

EDIT: Issue solved!

I discover the reason for the black screen stated here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=148667

It was necessary to uncheck all the source-filters settings (as you can see, only FLAC is enabled). Then, only FFDShow Video-Decoder with Prefer merit was necessary. Now the extracted M2TS is working fine, normal speed, and only with my desired tracks/subtitles.

This is really cool, I thought I wasn't solve this issue at all.

Oh-oh, trouble again!

If the source-filter (see picture above) MPEG PS/TS/PVA is disabled (and I checked all the rest), MPC-HC will open "Haali Media Splitter" while the M2TS is running. The problem is when you attempt to change the subtitle embedded on the M2TS file.

All attempts will fail and the player WILL crash. Since it was working before, is there a way for me to remove this Haali Media Splitter? I tried to set the filter as "Blocked", but that didn't helped me.

If I enable the "MPEG PS/TS/PVA" source filter from MPC, I will have this issue (video running at very fast speed). So far I have solved a problem but caused another.

All started when I tried to remove some unwanted tracks from my movie, using TSMuxer. The new M2TS file was not being recognized by MPC-HC (and only him, returning a black-screen).

Last edited by Lincoln Burrows; 2nd August 2009 at 10:49.
Old 2nd August 2009, 10:22   #8939  |  Link
Reino

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly:
Do you know about the settings under "View" > "Options" > "Subtitles>Default Style"?
Wuahahaha....unbelievable! I can't believe I missed that! Thank you
Old 2nd August 2009, 10:34   #8940  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans-jürgen View Post
I don't have that option in v6.4.9.1 rev 89, but maybe you meant "Quick Open File..."?
mmh...I was refering to MPC-HC not MPC.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc