Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 5th September 2010, 16:14   #1  |  Link
Scubasteve2365

Scenarist: PlayItem cannot have JumpObject and SetNV

I'm getting the following error attempting to connect (via Jump) a button in a main menu to a submenu. This submenu is not a different page in the same menu but rather an entirely different menu altogether.

"Error : Spec Error : Button Object validated by STN_table() in a PlayItem cannot have JumpObject and SetNVTimer command. LFE BUTTON (ID:57)"

My reasoning for multiple menus is that this disc holds 48 different clips in 4 different categories for a theater demonstration disc.

I have 4 buttons (one for each category) on this main menu wherein each button then links to one of four sub-menus. All 4 of these buttons are throwing this error.

When I look at the button in "Navicommand" editor the command "SetNVTimer" is nowhere to be found.

Any help would be appreciated. I search didn't turn any results.
Scubasteve2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 17:14   #2  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Why don't you create 4 different pages as part of the main menu and use "SetButtonPage" command for each to switch to the proper menu sub-page?

A "Jump" command within a button-navigation block makes no sense, because you have only ONE object per button (and it has nothing to do with those in movieobject). If you need to jump to an object from 'movieobject' group then you'll have to program some registers and call your main menu (or an interactive title) to play another menu playlist.
Old 5th September 2010, 17:16   #3  |  Link
Scubasteve2365

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Why don't you create 4 different pages as part of the main menu and use "SetButtonPage" command for each to switch to the proper menu sub-page?

A "Jump" command within a button-navigation block makes no sense, because you have only ONE object per button (and it has nothing to do with those in movieobject). If you need to jump to an object from 'movieobject' group then you'll have to program some registers and call your main menu (or an interactive title) to play another menu playlist.
Thanks, but I have many buttons. A total of 48. With different pages can the buttons overlap? I didn't they could.
Old 5th September 2010, 17:26   #4  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Each page is on its own so you can have buttons "overlapping" with ones from other pages. It is not an overlap, because menu is rendered per page and its buttons are not related to those from other menu pages.

I think it is the cleanest way to achieve what you are doing, not to mention that transition from one menu page to another will be almost instant, opposite to what will happen if you use 4 completely separate menu pages.

Dean
Old 5th September 2010, 18:05   #5  |  Link
Scubasteve2365

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Each page is on its own so you can have buttons "overlapping" with ones from other pages. It is not an overlap, because menu is rendered per page and its buttons are not related to those from other menu pages.

I think it is the cleanest way to achieve what you are doing, not to mention that transition from one menu page to another will be almost instant, opposite to what will happen if you use 4 completely separate menu pages.

Dean
Excellent, I didn't think buttons could overlap between pages. That makes things better. Will do it that way. Appreciate the information.
Old 5th September 2010, 18:41   #6  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Post back with your progress. I never used Scenarist, but as a concept my suggestion should work.
Old 8th September 2010, 00:59   #7  |  Link
rik1138

Yeah, if you can, go with Dean's suggestion. That will make it much easier to program and a nicer looking disc...

I just had a client that wanted me to take their existing DVD menus and use them on Blu-ray (they had HD res copies of them). I couldn't talk them out of it... Each menu (main, setup, scene selection, bonus) all had different background images and music... So I had to make multiple playlists (but I still built all the menus in one IG of multiple pages). So when I click 'Setup' from the Main, I have to store a value, jump to a new PlayList, and load the correct page based on the value... I thought it would be tedious, but it actually wasn't that bad, and it does work but isn't as slick as most people are used to seeing with Blu-ray menus...

Rik
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 14:14   #8  |  Link
Scubasteve2365

Thanks Rik (and again Dean),

I've already made the recomended changes. For whatever reason in doing my homework (since I created my menus in photoshop AWAY from my access to scenarist and designer) I thought I read that the buttons couldn't overlap even in pages.

It has worked out for me and I've tested the disc. It is quick and snappy.

Now, is there a way to switch pages by simply navigating to and item, without having to actually click on it? Some of the things I probably want to do should have been done in Java, but it's too late to turn back. If I can I can, if I can't I won't.
Old 8th September 2010, 14:32   #9  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yes, assign/enable "auto_action" for a button to switch to another page. I don't know the exact name of the property in Scenarist, but you should find it with the other 'actions' for the button.

With this flag the 'click'/action is auto-executed when the button is selected/activated.