Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 20th November 2016, 12:54   #5121  |  Link
Bigmango

Oneclick encoder problem:

DTS-HDMA to FLAC doesn't encode the lossless MA but the DTS core only (first it demuxes the DTS-HDMA, then it extracts the DTS core, then it encodes the DTS core to FLAC).

And there is no toggle switch to tell it not to extract the core.

This doesn't make any sense.

eac3to extracts the DTS-HDMA directly to FLAC.

Could you please fix this so it encodes the lossless to FLAC?

Thanks !
Bigmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2016, 16:37   #5122  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev84 View Post
Hi

I get this error, v.2624 works OK on those files.

I see it allready happend...

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=115083
Does the problem still exists with FFmpeg 3.2?

Beside that:

Code:
2674 [Audio Cutter]         preselect output file. Feature request #597
2673 [x265]                 added --sar detection. Feature request #601
2672 [Title Selector]       added option to change the minimum title length also in the global settings
2671 [VobSubber]            remember the "keep all..." setting. Feature request #600
2670 [Haali Media Splitter] added "Haali Media Splitter" as update package
                            improved detection if it is installed
                            if it is needed by the HD Streams Extractor it will be installed (administrative permissions are required)
2669 [VobSubber]            added title selector for DVD sources incl. multi-angle support
2668 [FileIndexer]          added title selector for DVD sources incl. multi-angle support
2667 [TitleSelector]        added support for multi-angle DVD sources
     [OneClick]             added support for multi-angle DVD sources
2666 [TitleSelector]        improved title selector for DVD/Blu-ray sources
2665 [OneClick]             added support for folders as drag&drop source of the input control
2664 [IFOParser]            improved type detection
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2016, 22:52   #5123  |  Link
dev84

Hi Zathor.

Unfortunately it's the same i updated to the new MeGUI and ffmpeg 3.2

Digging on the weekend i found out, that...
https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/forum/vie...php?f=2&t=2937

Nothing is wrong with MeGUI
Only solution to use it under XP is with this ffmpeg - without Intel QSV which breaks compatibility with XP

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffm...?source=navbar

Thx for support
dev
dev84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 00:53   #5124  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
hello_hello, thx, for info about updating the ffmpeg to xp friendly
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpl...0912-gce466d0/

I changed also the LSMASHSource to the one You suggested, unfortunately it doesn't work but it's ok i use FFMS.
It's up to date and working on xp
thx
You definitely used the one from the MediaFire link at the bottom of this page?
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/LSMASHSource

It's listed as XP compatible and it's working for me.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 04:33   #5125  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Beside that:

Code:
2673 [x265]                 added --sar detection. Feature request #601

New bug, when you add custom commands to x265 it repeats twice:

Last edited by VoodooFX; 21st November 2016 at 04:41.
VoodooFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 08:24   #5126  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

This board software does not support image hosts wrapping images in ad bloated websites for not registered viewers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post

http://i65.tinypic.com/54t736.png

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 10:20   #5127  |  Link
hello_hello

Am I missing something? The image is displaying normally in the post for me.
Old 21st November 2016, 15:44   #5128  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I don't know why, maybe because you have seen it before (or you are a registered tinypic user?); for me it's always denied, like a deep-link block. May depend on the browser and its setup, who knows... the direct URL is always expanded to a wrapping website.

New German Gleitz board

Last edited by LigH; 21st November 2016 at 15:48.
Old 21st November 2016, 17:00   #5129  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

On latest Firefox, Chrome for Windows image shows like it should be. Direct URL expands to wrapping website, only if I disable Noscript plugin. Nothing on old Opera v12.16, not even a link. I'm not registered on tinypic.
VoodooFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 19:31   #5130  |  Link
dev84

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
You definitely used the one from the MediaFire link at the bottom of this page?
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/LSMASHSource

It's listed as XP compatible and it's working for me.
Hi

Yup, i did...
It's funny thing, both of the versions require to work ping.exe in ...\system32\

I have my windows extra tight, didn't have it, but fixed it for the test.
the newest version of LSMASHSource gives some other error in log and the old one that i downloaded from the link that You specified gives also an error but different one.
Window pop out saying that i don't have some library...

Not gonna put log of it, it's not worth while since FFMS is working.

Cheers
Old 21st November 2016, 20:05   #5131  |  Link
hello_hello

Sorry for sidetracking the thread a bit folks, but as the topic came up and people post images here.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
I don't know why, maybe because you have seen it before (or you are a registered tinypic user?); for me it's always denied, like a deep-link block. May depend on the browser and its setup, who knows... the direct URL is always expanded to a wrapping website.
So far, I can repeat the following over and over using Firefox.

Load this forum page.
Click on the link in post #5207 to open it in a new tab.
Direct image loads. Click again and load in a new tab, it's always the direct image.
Switch to the tab displaying the direct image and refresh it.
The "wrapper page" loads.
Now every time I click on the link in #5207 the wrapper page opens in a new tab, until....
I refresh the doom9 page in which case clicking on the link goes back to taking me to the direct image.

Pasting the direct link into the address bar opens the the direct image until I refresh the tab after it's opened, and once I do the wrapper page also appears when pasting the direct link into the address bar....

I thought I was losing my mind at first.... if I refresh the doom9 page containing the link when I paste the direct link into the address bar it goes back to opening the image directly again, but clicking on the link in the doom9 page isn't required. Simply refreshing the doom9 page is enough.

I've gone through the above cycle something like 20 times and it's been 100% repeatable. Most fun of all, it doesn't seem to apply to images globally, but on a per image basis.

Pale Moon.... no matter what I did the direct links always opened directly to the image. No wrapper page. I disabled referrers, checked and deleted cookies... nothing made a difference.... and just as I was about to give up it occurred to me to put Pale Moon into Firefox compatibility mode (it identifies itself to sites as Firefox as well as Pale Moon).
That did it. I could repeat all the above behaviour with Pale Moon even though I don't understand any of it.

Last edited by hello_hello; 21st November 2016 at 20:22.
Old 21st November 2016, 20:20   #5132  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Hi

Yup, i did...
It's funny thing, both of the versions require to work ping.exe in ...\system32\
I think that was some Zathor trickery in order to display the progress window.... maybe.... I can't remember the exact reason.

Quote:
the newest version of LSMASHSource gives some other error in log and the old one that i downloaded from the link that You specified gives also an error but different one.
Window pop out saying that i don't have some library...
According to Avisynth InfoTool it requires msvcr100.dll whereas the current version requires msvcr120.dll. You can put msvcr100.dll in the same folder as LSmash, but if it's in the MeGUI Lsmash folder, MeGUI might delete it each time it starts. You'd have to check.

Or install this. It's only about 5MB.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5555

FFMS2 does my head in because if you index with it and crop or resize too quickly in the script creator, MeGUI has a hissy fit and crashes. Lsmash doesn't have that problem.
On the other hand if you don't select any audio in the file indexer, MeGUI will tell ffms2 not to index the audio so it'll index very large files noticeably faster than LSmash, which has no such option.
On the other hand, LSmash can open MP4s without the need to index them at all.....

Last edited by hello_hello; 21st November 2016 at 20:23.
Old 21st November 2016, 21:43   #5133  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post
Thanks & fixed - will be in the next build

Quote:
I think that was some Zathor trickery in order to display the progress window.... maybe.... I can't remember the exact reason.
Yes, that is the reason.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 23:19   #5134  |  Link
dev84

Quote:
...According to Avisynth InfoTool it requires msvcr100.dll ...
Yup thats it...

hmm so there is no "best" solution, gona stay with FFMS newer versions work and i used it only once for testing.
I encode mp4 from camera, it's XAVC video na PCM twos audio.
MeGUI needs only HalliMediaSplitter and ffdshow to do it without indexing, other mp4 files with AVC video it indexes, but not does from the camera.
I was using StaxRip but of course there are no working updates on XP and the last working didn't read twos so i had to use audacity and ac3 encoder.
What i'm trying to say is that MeGUI does it's job very nicely and I'm using almost last ffmpeg for audio... i'm happy.

Sorry for offtopic...,
do You maybe know which ac3 encoder is in 3.1.5 ffmpeg and where can i find some technical information about it?

Thx again
Old 22nd November 2016, 01:50   #5135  |  Link
hello_hello

To the best of my knowledge, AFTEN was merged back with ffmpeg a fair while ago and no longer seems to be updated, but the extent of my knowledge ends with "it's an AC3 encoder".

The AFTEN page still works, and there's a link for it's command line options, but I don't really know anything else. I've rarely done any AC3 encoding.
http://aften.sourceforge.net/
Old 22nd November 2016, 05:22   #5136  |  Link
dev84

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, AFTEN was merged back with ffmpeg a fair while ago and no longer seems to be updated, but the extent of my knowledge ends with "it's an AC3 encoder".

The AFTEN page still works, and there's a link for it's command line options, but I don't really know anything else. I've rarely done any AC3 encoding.
http://aften.sourceforge.net/
Aha, i read that it was droped thats why i ask.
Thx for nfo hello_hello

Cheers
Old 22nd November 2016, 08:19   #5137  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

@ hello_hello:

Issues with image deeplinks may rather be specific to Opera 12 (which I still prefer due to the built-in extra clients), in this case... I'll stop complaining generally, then. But may still repeat the URL occasionally, I may not be the only one using just the browser which does not support the cooperative method to retrieve them.

Regarding AC3 encoding via ffmpeg: I believe to remember too, that the encoder in ffmpeg is slightly superior to the former separate Aften builds now. It is certainly based on Aften, but I don't know either how much it was improved since. But also I do remember that some people are interested in continuing the development to E-AC3 and more than 6 channels. Not yet done, though, I hope they will be successful.

New German Gleitz board

Last edited by LigH; 22nd November 2016 at 08:24.
Old 22nd November 2016, 10:49   #5138  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Regarding AC3 encoding via ffmpeg: I believe to remember too, that the encoder in ffmpeg is slightly superior to the former separate Aften builds now. It is certainly based on Aften, but I don't know either how much it was improved since.
Yep, the author of Aften work in ffmpeg team and the ffmpeg versión is better than Aften, at least in:

- 2.0 Aften do some mix of channels, ffmpeg not.

- 5.1 ffmpeg now use channel coupling features, not present in Aften, to improve output.
Old 22nd November 2016, 11:40   #5139  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
Confirmed. Holding RMB there seems to flood the application with Windows messages which seem to make the messaging queue hurry. Someone explain why it appears to idle in normal use.
Any ideas, Zathor and others?

New German Gleitz board
Old 22nd November 2016, 12:06   #5140  |  Link
hello_hello

Sorry about the off topic post again people. It should be the last one.

Quote:
Issues with image deeplinks may rather be specific to Opera 12 (which I still prefer due to the built-in extra clients), in this case... I'll stop complaining generally, then. But may still repeat the URL occasionally, I may not be the only one using just the browser which does not support the cooperative method to retrieve them.
I discovered I could prevent a TinyPic hosted image from displaying in Firefox this way.

- Open a forum page with an image such as the one in VoodooFX's post.
- Right click and select "view image". The full image displays own it's own.
- Refresh the page. It's redirected to the "sharing page" instead of the full image.
- Click back to return to the forum page. The image no longer displays.
- Refresh the page and the image returns.
- Rinse and repeat.

Well that's what was happening a little while ago, but this time the image is still displaying in the post. However the direct link keeps redirecting to the "sharing page" until the forum page is refreshed, then it goes back to being a direct link.

When Pale Moon is in Pale Moon mode, the TinyPic site obviously has no idea what browser it is, so it must run in "dumb mode" and I'm never redirected to the "sharing page". As soon as I enable Firefox compatibility mode, the behaviour for Firefox and Pale Moon become the same.

I don't understand where it's going wrong as such because I can't work out how the redirection is controlled, but I think in some circumstances a browser might load a page containing a hosted image and the request is redirected. It's the only logical explanation I have so far but if it's correct it'd mean it's happening for you every time Opera loads a page containing a TinyPic hosted image.... for reasons unknown so far.

I partly confabulated that theory by looking at the links provided by postimage.org. Their site is pretty much the same but seems to work without the redirection. They give you a link for sharing the image and reading ads if your ad blocker is disabled:
https://postimg.org/image/xda7mn7h9/
Along with a direct link that only ever opens the image directly:
https://s22.postimg.org/3ld57gko1/HS_5.jpg
All the other links they provide combine the first two in some way. For a forum thumbnail, as an example (I broke the URL and image tags deliberately):
[uurl=https://postimg.org/image/xda7mn7h9/][iimg]https://s22.postimg.org/xda7mn7h9/HS_5.jpg[/iimg][/uurl]
I suspect that's how they get around the sort of potential problem we're experiencing with TinyPic.

That's my theory and it seems logical at the moment, but it could very well be a load of bullocks. I sent the support folks at TinyPic an email asking them though, because I think I'm at the point of no return now. I need to understand. Hopefully they'll reply. I'll let you know.

Last edited by hello_hello; 22nd November 2016 at 12:12.