Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 2nd May 2008, 20:14   #2041  |  Link
canoehead

tsmuxer works well in the virtual machine programs. It is a part of mkv2vob, and if you are making mkvs that are ps3 compatible in their essential elements, it should save you a little time.
canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2008, 20:55   #2042  |  Link
B4tm4n
Caped Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdryyz View Post
And unless tsmuxer is available for the Mac (quick check says no).
I run tsMuxer on my Macbook without installing windows, use crossover to run it.
B4tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2008, 01:14   #2043  |  Link
goldberg

hi
thanks for your great program is it possible you you could put a cutting feature in your program so we could cut off the credits so we could fit the movie on a dvd5
thanks
Old 3rd May 2008, 02:33   #2044  |  Link
3r1c

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberg View Post
hi
thanks for your great program is it possible you you could put a cutting feature in your program so we could cut off the credits so we could fit the movie on a dvd5
thanks
There is already, use split function.
3r1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2008, 08:01   #2045  |  Link
Bunny_Wabbet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3r1c View Post
V2.2.3 1/May/2008
Fixed some ac3 streams not accepted by tsmuxer (muxing failed error).
Added check if your windows regional settings interfere with math decimal functions and show a warning to change it (can cause disk space errors or out of sync if not fixed).
Added check on the return values of some tools, to better detect crashes that still result in a "success" status even though it failed.
Updated tsmuxer to 1.8.4(b)
Hey
I think I know what the problem is, I use the hebrew regional settings and it didnt work before.
The thing is when I changed the "Display leading zeros" from ".7" to "0.7" it statrted working

I hope it helps, good day
Bunny_Wabbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2008, 09:13   #2046  |  Link
goldberg

hi
is it possible with your program to cut the credits from the movie with a movie like twister for example and put it on 1 dvd5 when i try your splitting feature it puts the 1st disc at 4.27gb if it used more of the dvd5 or if i could cut the credits some of the mkvs would fit
your up there with great dvdshrink programmer maybe nero will steal u away aswell
is there any site that hosts all your previous versions of your program
thanks again
Old 3rd May 2008, 15:38   #2047  |  Link
JeffRosenthal

Error Getting MKV Info

I posted this a week ago and would really like some help! I'm not going to stop till I get your program to work I've tried it on numerous files and It won't work I get "Error Getting MKV Info" This is becoming very frustrating. Now when I use Tmuxer alone I have no problem with any files..I'm running Vista 32. Can someone at least suggest a solution?
Jeff
JeffRosenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2008, 17:40   #2048  |  Link
Stealth3si

Same here Jeff. The program doesn't execute when I double-click on the "mkv2vob" shortcut, which actually refers to "loader.exe" file. Nothing happens and I'm suspecting this is a dormant (trojan) virus or some malignant form of spy/mal-ware. So instead I execute the "mkv2vob.exe" file and it works but I'm getting the same "Error Getting MKV Info" problem you're having whenever I load up an MKV file.
Stealth3si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2008, 21:14   #2049  |  Link
JeffRosenthal

Well I hope someone can tell us why the program won't work why we keep getting this error. Like I said TMuxer is no problem at all,but I really want to use this program..Thanks for validating my problem......Jeff
JeffRosenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2008, 22:24   #2050  |  Link
zoran786

New upgrade prob

I can not change my matroska file as newest version giving me error

" could not parse mkv file" please help?

orig file: ck-nt2-sample.mkv
zoran786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2008, 23:25   #2051  |  Link
Audioboxer

Hey 3r1c,

One of the members on Neowin has said he converted 3 MKVs and all audio channels are playing apart from voice???

Could you have a look in MKV2VOB and see if anything is causing this?

Need more details?

Thanks
Audioboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2008, 02:47   #2052  |  Link
params7

BESPLIT CRASHED

This is the error I get in all of my videos I try to convert in mkv2vob. Its even happening with videos it successfully converted before.
params7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2008, 10:58   #2053  |  Link
pcm1ke

3r1c,

Would it be possible to implement an ABORT button in the main program window that would kill all processes so that if I decide I want to NOT continue I can quit the process easily (right now you have to use Task Manager to kill all the individual processes).

Also, would it be possible to implement some way of notifying the users PRIOR TO starting the process that a particular MKV is going to need to be transcoded? At times if a movie needs to be transcoded I just assume not do so and move on to something else.

Aside from these two points, so far this application has worked wonderfully!

Thank you very much.
pcm1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2008, 11:53   #2054  |  Link
john.doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcm1ke View Post
Aside from these two points, so far this application has worked wonderfully!

Thank you very much.
I second these two request and the "thanks".

and an esteminated time that the transcode process need would be great as well.

And a question to all.

What is faster for transcoding?

Windows XP (32bit)
Windows Vista 32bit or 64bit?

And what performanceboost would I have if I sell my AMD x2 BE-2350 and buy a Quad Core either an AMD or an Intel Q9300/Q9450 ... take the transcode process advantage of the 4 cores and the L2 Memory?
john.doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2008, 12:43   #2055  |  Link
navycrow

Hello,
I wanted to say i love this program. I can finally see my MKVs on my PS3. This prog is so cool !!
But i've an issue with two files. The last version resolves one files but i've always a problem with the other.
I've a MKV with these specs :
General #0
Complete name : E:\Next.2007.1080p.HDDVD.x264.VO-VF.mkv
Format : Matroska
File size : 8.37 GiB
PlayTime : 1h 36mn
Bit rate : 12.5 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2008-04-03 19:14:08
Writing application : mkvmerge v2.0.2 ('You're My Flame') built on Feb 21 2007 23:40:55
Writing library : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1

Video #0
Codec : AVC
Codec/Family : AVC
Codec/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Codec profile : High@L5.1
Codec settings, CABAC : Yes
Codec_Settings_RefFrames : 8
Bit rate : 10.7 Mbps
Width : 1920 pixels
Height : 800 pixels
Display Aspect ratio : 2.400
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Chroma : 4:2:0
Interlacement : Progressive
Title : Next (2007)
Language : English

Audio #0
Codec : AC3
Bit rate mode : CBR
Bit rate : 640 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Rear: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Title : AC3 5.1 640 Kb/s

Audio #1
Codec : AC3
Bit rate mode : CBR
Bit rate : 640 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Rear: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Language : French

Text #0
Codec : SSA
Codec/Info : Sub Station Alpha

Text #1
Codec : SSA
Codec/Info : Sub Station Alpha
Language : French

When i use MKV2VOB. It transcodes the video into MPEG2 and tell me the conversion was successfull. But when i play it on the PS3, it doesn't work. I've a black screen, it seems to recognize the AC3 stream but not the MPEG2 stream. But nothing is played. I've also tested to transcode into x264 but the problem is the same. On my PC the VOB plays correctly.
navycrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 00:57   #2056  |  Link
MrSTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by navycrow View Post
When i use MKV2VOB. It transcodes the video into MPEG2 and tell me the conversion was successfull. But when i play it on the PS3, it doesn't work. I've a black screen, it seems to recognize the AC3 stream but not the MPEG2 stream. But nothing is played. I've also tested to transcode into x264 but the problem is the same. On my PC the VOB plays correctly.

The first thing i can sugest on trying here is to remove part of the movie. Say the end credits or maybe the Title sequence at the beginning.

I have had a similar problem with 720p, 1080p, DTS and non-DTS tracks and for some rason when i chop a few seconds off or in the case of Equilibrium (search the thread) we had to chop the first 31secs (title stuff) and it all worked ok.

As to why you need to do this i', not sure and maybe one of the other guys could answer that.

Cheers
MrSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 01:00   #2057  |  Link
MrSTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by navycrow View Post
Video #0
Codec : AVC
Codec/Family : AVC
Codec/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Codec profile : High@L5.1
Codec settings, CABAC : Yes
Codec_Settings_RefFrames : 8
Bit rate : 10.7 Mbps
Width : 1920 pixels
Height : 800 pixels
Display Aspect ratio : 2.400
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Chroma : 4:2:0
Interlacement : Progressive
Title : Next (2007)
The highlighted part is something i have noticed in common on a couple of things that havnt worked also. I think (pretty sure) read something along the lines that the PS3 is L4.1 Compatible. Again i cant say exactly what this means though. Just a common occurence between similar problems.
MrSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 01:47   #2058  |  Link
jdryyz

Curious. The mkv files I generate using Handbrake are done so by selecting the 5.1 track from my DVD source and then have it "passthrough". The result is a high-quality 5.1 audio mkv file with the video compression only slightly increased. The files are playable using VLC and possibly other media players but mkv2vob is needed for PS3 compatibility. No transcoding is required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoehead View Post
4.1 refers to the AVC / h.264 level - ie the version/settings of the video codec that is PS3 compatible. That is what detirmines whether mkv2vob will need to transcode the video - level 4.1@high is the highest the PS3 can do. A lot of mkvs on the intertubes are 5.1, which is were mkv2vob has to do the very time consuming transcoding.
jdryyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 02:56   #2059  |  Link
untouchablestyl

3r1c thanks so much for the program!
I was wondering if there have been any developments with the installations problems? I have read all 103 pages just to find an answer and did not find any thing other than redownload and install. I have two computers and one seems to install it fine while the other gives me problems( they both run xp however one has service pack 2 and the other has service pack 3( this is one I am having the problem with)). I also read what you said about bootleg versions of windows. Also other programs seems to work ie mkvextract, h264info, tsmuxer and of course I haven't had any problems installing anything else. If you have any ideas they would be greatly appreciated btw the error that i am getting when I try to install is this is not a valid win 32 application, I think it might just be a installation conflict with service pack 3. Can anyone verify that they are using xp pro w/ service pack 3 and mkv2vob?
untouchablestyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 03:24   #2060  |  Link
3r1c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth3si View Post
Same here Jeff. The program doesn't execute when I double-click on the "mkv2vob" shortcut, which actually refers to "loader.exe" file. Nothing happens and I'm suspecting this is a dormant (trojan) virus or some malignant form of spy/mal-ware. So instead I execute the "mkv2vob.exe" file and it works but I'm getting the same "Error Getting MKV Info" problem you're having whenever I load up an MKV file.
Both of these problems suggest your computer is not allowing one process to execute another.

here is what happens.

loader.exe starts, it immediately runs mkv2vob.exe and continues in the background to check for updates.
mkv2vob.exe runs other tools such as mkvinfo.exe which you are getting errors.

something is preventing these program executions from working, possibly some kind of antivirus.

can you try download this
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

it should be in included in windows xp, but its the only thing i can think of.

Last edited by 3r1c; 5th May 2008 at 03:35.
3r1c is offline   Reply With Quote