Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 22nd April 2008, 07:26   #1981  |  Link
Rotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanga View Post
Hi,
Can anyone here tell me if the new version of mkv2vob is a multi-threaded proggy?
Currently i'm on a P4 3.2GHz and it's takes like forever to transcode but in a weeks time i'll be moving to a quad-core setup. What differences should i expect and does Mencoder have any incompatibilities with multi-core processors?

-Cheers-

Yup, it supports multi-threading. I use a QX6850 Quad Core Extreme 3.0GHz (running at 3.0Ghz, not overclocked) and it completes a standard x264 transcode in around 1hr.

Not experienced any compatibility issues with mencoder on my setup.

Rotor
Rotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 09:02   #1982  |  Link
Irishkid

CowTIPPER,

same has happened to me again, seems to be on large file of 7GB+, can anyone help me and cowtipper, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Irishkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:15   #1983  |  Link
Clumpco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzz View Post
Clumpco,

I think this is a bug with the version of tsmuxer that is used with mkv2vob, as I get the same thing (I'm sure it used to work on previous versions).

Anyway, you can convert it yourself into an m2ts file which the PS3 will happily play. Download the latest version of tsmuxer (1.7.6b at the moment) from here. Drop in your .ts, deslect streams you don't need and output it to m2ts format. When it's finished rename the output file to a .m2t file (this is needed so TVersity will stream it). That should then work ok on the PS3

Renzz
W00t! even.
Great advice Renzz, works a charm!
Thanks m8
Clumpco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:15   #1984  |  Link
Glorioso

3r1c, with the last release i cant encode any file with DTS... same problem always, rigth at the end a error and no final result. i'm using meGUI to encode to AC3 and remux the MKV, then it works fine.
Glorioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:51   #1985  |  Link
metoo999

Is anyone interested in making an OS X version? I can run this program through Vista on Boot Camp, but I'd love to be able to run it in Leopard natively.
metoo999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:42   #1986  |  Link
CowTipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishkid View Post
CowTIPPER,

same has happened to me again, seems to be on large file of 7GB+, can anyone help me and cowtipper, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

its not because of large files because i have one file that is 4.37 GB and it quits at roughly 90% completed.
CowTipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:02   #1987  |  Link
Xanga

Thanks Rotor.
Since i'm getting the Q9450 and these new processors support SSE4.1 i was wondering if maybe down the line 3r1c could implement features that make use of these new instruction sets.

-cheers-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotor View Post
Yup, it supports multi-threading. I use a QX6850 Quad Core Extreme 3.0GHz (running at 3.0Ghz, not overclocked) and it completes a standard x264 transcode in around 1hr.

Not experienced any compatibility issues with mencoder on my setup.

Rotor
Xanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:55   #1988  |  Link
JeffRosenthal

Can't Get To Run

I can't seem to get past "error getting mkv info"!
Can someone please help I've been involved all day trying to get this to work..I'm running Vista 32 bit!
Jeff Rosenthal
JeffRosenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:55   #1989  |  Link
hedu13

help please

hi, i tried to convert the movie of troya is like 15gb in a hdd with 49gb of free space, and the temporal directory is in the same hdd and i receive a message: "Insufficient Disk Space", do i need more space? or a iam making something wrong?
hedu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 20:28   #1990  |  Link
JeffRosenthal

Can't Get To Run Part 2

When I pick the file I'm assuming you then hit add file as soon as I do that I get the error getting mkv info and that's happeneing on every different mkv file I pick......Jeff
JeffRosenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:27   #1991  |  Link
Audioboxer

3r1c, any luck on pinpointing that DTS bug that affects certain movies?

Audioboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:39   #1992  |  Link
drvid

OSX native version

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo999 View Post
Is anyone interested in making an OS X version? I can run this program through Vista on Boot Camp, but I'd love to be able to run it in Leopard natively.
Hey I'd consider making this... haven't seen how portable the source code is yet though.

BTW this program won't even run on XP x64.
drvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 20:27   #1993  |  Link
Quatre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzz View Post
Clumpco,

I think this is a bug with the version of tsmuxer that is used with mkv2vob, as I get the same thing (I'm sure it used to work on previous versions).

Anyway, you can convert it yourself into an m2ts file which the PS3 will happily play. Download the latest version of tsmuxer (1.7.6b at the moment) from here. Drop in your .ts, deslect streams you don't need and output it to m2ts format. When it's finished rename the output file to a .m2t file (this is needed so TVersity will stream it). That should then work ok on the PS3

Renzz
are you sure you dont mean .mts file? i dont think there is such thing as .m2t. just .m2ts whic you are right tversity wont see, which is why i usually have to change those to .vob or .mpg. I didn't realize that .mts will allow the ps3 to see the file via tversity.

if this is the case then 3rlc, you could make a quick easy change to the output file extension choice of .m2ts to .mts instead. I know its just an extension but the fact that tversity can't see the .m2ts makes it much less usefull of a file extension for mkv2vob and would save ppl from changing it themselves.

I actually prefer .m2ts/.mts extension for avc files (x264 that didnt need transcoding) and .mpg for mpeg-2 files (x264 that needed transcoding)

I have a popcorn hour btw that i use to watch 1080p mkv with dts but its in a different room and it has bugs of its own so I still use mkv2vob and ps3 to watch stuff also.

speaking of .ts stuff. I had a recent cirque du soleil .ts that didn't play on the pch. I think i tried running it through tsMuxeR to make it a .mts that ps3 could play and that didnt work either but mkv2vob took the multiple .ts files joined them and made a file that will work on the ps3 and should on the pch also (as pretty much everything that works on ps3 will work on the pch so its kind of best to put stuff through mkv2vob anyway so i can play on both)

I believe it had to transcode the .ts video once joined but again it was the only thing that worked and this way i have a file that works on the ps3 and popcorn hour.
Quatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 01:34   #1994  |  Link
spooker

Any chance this app could have an option to convert AC3 5.1 to stereo AAC to make the file size smaller? I ask this in hopes that I could burn a file to a single layer DVD without having to encode the video or split it into chunks.
spooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 08:33   #1995  |  Link
chubsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvid View Post
Hey I'd consider making this... haven't seen how portable the source code is yet though.

BTW this program won't even run on XP x64.
That would be great if someone could manage to get something similar running on OS X - its ok running via parallels/fusion/bootcamp or whatever, but a lovely looking mac version would be sweet!
chubsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 10:41   #1996  |  Link
Rotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioboxer View Post
3r1c, any luck on pinpointing that DTS bug that affects certain movies?

Yeah, I'd love this issue to be resolved too - to save having to use other software to compensate.

mkv2vob is coming close to being a perfect application.

Also, I'd be very interested if Mr. 3r1c could clarify how his proggy determines if an video stream needs to be transcoded for playback on the PS3. Is there a list of which resolutions the PS3 supports without having to transcode?

Rotor
Rotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 08:38   #1997  |  Link
johnmerrick

i have just converted a film with subs (the orphanage 720p).

it was in a folder with the srt. i added directory, checked always encode subs and load from srt. i also had the split fat 32 feature on (for external hd with ps3).

however the second part of the output file has no subs transcoded. anyone else had this problem? is there a fix?
johnmerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 15:41   #1998  |  Link
johnmerrick

does anyone know of any software that i can split my final mpeg 2 file in half with?

thanks
Old 25th April 2008, 16:20   #1999  |  Link
johnmerrick

ignore all of the above!!

my srt was incomplete.

sorry.
Old 26th April 2008, 09:00   #2000  |  Link
Bunny_Wabbet

Insufficient Disk Space

Hello
I'm trying to transcode a movie (Alien vs Predator II) and I recieve the following massage - "Insufficient Disk Space on Drive D, You have 106.75GB you need 32540.38GB".
I need 32540.38GB? I think it's a bug, no?
Bunny_Wabbet is offline   Reply With Quote