Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th October 2008, 19:51   #1  |  Link
BillB

DVD Shrink for Editing

I have searched this site for a KISS Principal VOB editor and found that the way I have been doing it seems to be the easiest. All I want is the basic movie with all the junk cut out, no menus or extras. I use Decrypter to get the DVD onto the HD, then Shrink, then Shrinks Reauthor tool, load the main movie to the left screen and then use the editing part to cut out all the junk I don’t want, even parts of the movie I don't want, then burn to disk. This works for me but I do wish for a even simpler Cut and Past program WITHOUT all the overly complicated bells and whistles l found in all but Shrink. Anything out there like I need? WMM is terrable!
B
BillB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 22:52   #2  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!
Quote:
I use Decrypter to get the DVD onto the HD, then Shrink, then Shrinks Reauthor tool
You do know, don't you, that DVDShrink is a decrypting as well as compressing program. Most DVDs that can be decrypted by DVD Decrypter can likewise be decrypted by DVD Shrink. Therefore, you can reduce the number of steps by using DVD Shrink to rip the DVD to your hard drive and then use the "Re-author" function...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 23:04   #3  |  Link
linyx
Un-Registered User

Quote:
This works for me but I do wish for a even simpler Cut and Past program WITHOUT all the overly complicated bells and whistles l found in all but Shrink. Anything out there like I need? WMM is terrable!
WHAT!!!!! DVDShrink is the simplest tool i have ever seen.
linyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 15:48   #4  |  Link
BillB

DVD Shrink for Editing

I know all about the tools in Shrink. What my message asked, was for a KISS Principle EDITING tool as simple and easy to use as the Editing tool IN SHRINK! It looks like a Liner Editor.
Anything like it out side of Shrink?
B
BillB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 08:45   #5  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

VideoReDo Plus or Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD are tools to edit/cut/join VOB files without re-encoding, mainly designed to cut the commercials in DVDs made by standalone recorders. VideoReDo is really simple to use. Unfortunately, they are not free, and they are limited to one audio and one subpic stream only.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 15:52   #6  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

In fact, I think Womble has no way to mux subpictures.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2008, 02:47   #7  |  Link
ema609

Hi
I need real baby steps how to edit something
I have a half hour dvd and I need to take 3 1 minute clips out of it
to send it to family and then put them together so that they can play it in vln or real player.

I need real baby steps because I dont understand what people say when they talk computer language and I dont know what all the letters mean.
I dont even know if I am saying this right so that someone will understand me. I used the dvd shrink and i have it in the c drive in a file with a bunch of icons. I would like to know how to edit it I have windows movie maker and any video converter if that is good.
thank you Ema
ema609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2008, 02:59   #8  |  Link
setarip_old

@ema609

Hi!

This is essentially a duplicate post of:

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...72&postcount=1

(Duplicate posting is a violation of the rules of the Doom9 Forum)
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2008, 06:38   #9  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

As well, we do not encourage thread hijacking. I strongly urge you to read rules 2 and 8 ema609.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2008, 09:05   #10  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutach View Post
In fact, I think Womble has no way to mux subpictures.
Well, it has a "Text" timeline, but I have never used it. Maybe it's something to hardcode titles on the video itself. Anyway, Womble has an horrible and complex interface, and I don't recommend it for its simplicity! VideoReDo Plus does the same thing, and is much more simple, but less powerful.

VideoReDo and Womble are tools to edit DVD files without reencoding, but they do not preserve the structure of the original DVD. They are handy to cut unwanted parts of a movie, or to concatenate clips in a large file, and to regenerate a new DVD (optionally with a simple menu in the case of Womble.) They are not at all comparable to the Windows Movie Maker, not related at all to DVD editing.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burn, decrypter, edit, shrink, vob