Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th January 2007, 19:17   #61  |  Link
FitzGerald

manusse,
Good news!

I was able to get multi-language to work on my stand alone player using VobSub (.idx/.sub). Adding the line once at the beginning of each language stream seems to work. Please note, I didn't watch the movie all the way through... I just assumed it would work all the way through. I'm using the Philips DVP-5960.

I ended up shifting the ko language set way up and using a different font. Using SubtitleCreator will save me a bunch of time in the future handling VobSub.

I think I found another bug. I tried to name a file "episode.01" into .idx/.sub and it ended up saving as a ".01 file-type"... or it only created the .sub file without the .idx. By omitting a "." in the filename, I've been able to create 7 VobSub files from .srt with no problems.

# English
id: en, index: 0
# Decomment next line...
# alt: English
# Vob/Cell ID: 1, 1 (PTS: 0)
timestamp: 00:00:00:167, filepos: 000000000

# Korean
id: ko, index: 1
# Decomment next line...
# alt: Korean
# Vob/Cell ID: 1, 1 (PTS: 0)
timestamp: 00:00:00:167, filepos: 0001b5000
FitzGerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2007, 23:19   #62  |  Link
manusse
SubtitleCreator's Co-Dev

Ok,

Thanks for the tests. I will add the missing lines in the future version of SubtitleCreator.

Cheers
Manusse
manusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 20:40   #63  |  Link
manusse
SubtitleCreator's Co-Dev

@FitzGerald

Version 2.1 of SubtitleCreator includes your suggested fix.

Cheers
Manusse
manusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 05:41   #64  |  Link
MiG 2488

Hello guys, I am new in working with subtitles, I hate when they are incorrect so I fix them. I used VirtualDubMod and it was perfect. But now I have a lot of files with VObSubs and VirtualDubMod can't open them. I also use mkvmerge GUI and I heard that you can rip any type of subs with him and than correct mistake in notepad. but newer mind that I couldn't figure it out. SO could you please explain to me what program to use in order to strip VobSubc and correct them. And in the end save them as any type of subs I want. Thank's for your understanding. Your Newbie :}
MiG 2488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 08:53   #65  |  Link
MiG 2488

What no answer
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:39   #66  |  Link
Jalavera

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG 2488 View Post
Hello guys, I am new in working with subtitles, I hate when they are incorrect so I fix them. I used VirtualDubMod and it was perfect. But now I have a lot of files with VObSubs and VirtualDubMod can't open them. I also use mkvmerge GUI and I heard that you can rip any type of subs with him and than correct mistake in notepad. but newer mind that I couldn't figure it out. SO could you please explain to me what program to use in order to strip VobSubc and correct them. And in the end save them as any type of subs I want. Thank's for your understanding. Your Newbie :}
First of all, SubRip (SRT), Sub Station Alpha (SSA), microDVD (SUB) are text-based subtitles. That means that tou can change its content by using e.g. NotePAD.
VobSub (idx+sub) and SUP (SUP+IFO) are bitmap-based subtitle, so you cannot change its content with NotePad such as text-based do.
If you have a bitmap-based subtitle (VobSub, SUP, SON, SST, et al) you have two options to modify them.
1st Rip them to text-based by using OCR software such as SubRip, SubOCR, DVDSubEdit or Subtitle Creator. Then you get mainly a text-based SRT file which you can change and Reauthor again.
2nd Convert VOBSUB to scriptfile+bitmaps (SON is the best option) by using SubResync (part of VobSub Software). Note that you can use Subtitle Creator to convert SUP<-->VOBSUB. You can edit individually those bitmaps in PhotoShop or similar (it is important to keep bitmap structure: sizes, color depth, etc). When all changes made you can obtain a new VOBSUB by using SON2VOBSUB.
Jalavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2007, 21:57   #67  |  Link
MiG 2488

I figuret it out thank's

Last edited by MiG 2488; 29th July 2007 at 02:05.
Old 25th December 2020, 13:18   #68  |  Link
finlay31

You can just download it in whatever format you please.
finlay31 is offline   Reply With Quote