Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th June 2023, 17:25   #761  |  Link
RivDoVi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 16
Hi there !

Okay so today i tried to re-remux the Alien UHD to find the quickest and ssd-friendly (meaning the less data written the better) way for the sake of experiment, and tried to see if it was okay to only demux the audio + subs via DGDemux/DGIndexNV.
Alien UHD is a very interesting guinea pig because of seamless branching, lots of audio in different format & channels, and the fact that i want to convert the DTS-HD 2.0 to FLAC like all the remux i make.
Sadly, demuxing only audio & subs was bad as the final output displayed severe audio problems & black screen during transitions on the second edition. It seems MKVToolnix is incapable of cleanly muxing the appended video m2ts files.
So nope, you have to demux the whole content to get a working multi-edition remux on this one (and possibly most UHD).
However the end result is very good.

So the steps are :
Opening the main playlist in DGIndecNV, then manually adding the m2ts in the required order to it. Demuxing video/audio/subs.
Opening the disc with chapterEditor, creating the tags and adding some more for IMDB/TMDB references + chapters files for the two editions. We won't use the mtxcfg.
EAC3To the DTS-HD 2.0 track generated by DGIndecNV to FLAC.
Opening MKVToolnix, dropping every files from DGIndecNV, adding tags & chapters.
This is currently the only way to get a proper result.

The only thing i'm wondering is if it is possible to directly name the chapters of the 2 editions in cE as it would save me a lot of time.
Edit : Found it ! Only thing i had to type manually is the second edition.
Here is the Mediainfo pastebin of the final file ; seems chapters are correct : https://pastebin.com/8Up6NGmX
I was unable to remove the "Directors'Cut" on the Movie Name part though, for an unknown reason it still appears.

I am going to try to do Gladiator this time, which is DTS:X & Dolby Vision and see how to get a perfect DV functional result.

Last edited by RivDoVi; 20th June 2023 at 18:31.
RivDoVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2023, 21:58   #762  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,377
Many thanks for your next test and the fact that also the video stream have to be demuxed.
I have never demuxed the video stream for a multi-Edition mkv, but this was ever a Blu-ray, not UHD.

Mmh good to know that DGIndexNV works. I still hope that DGDemux will be able to load an m2ts list. But if not, maybe I change my opinion and implement DGIndexNV for the demux process, but merging DoVi is than not supported.

Currently I'm not sure where I should place the DGDemux option.
There are 4 options for DoVi and two more options for removing audio issues.

Where do you think makes it best to place the DGDemux options?
1. in the settings -> external programs
2. in the settings -> BD2mkv
3. direct in BD2mkv

Last edited by hubblec4; 20th June 2023 at 22:04.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2023, 22:39   #763  |  Link
RivDoVi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 16
As you said, i think it will all depends whether DGDemux is updated to support m2ts or not.
If yes, then there should be no reason not to make it the default BD2mkv program.
For now, multiple programs needs to be used to produce a correct UHD multi edition so....
Like you said, BGIndexNV would be a perfect choice but it can't extract the DV layer.
The only programs able to extract such layers are DGDemux and MakeMKV afaik. I'm going to need a few trials and error with these two to produce a Gladiator DV multi-edition remux (if possible)

Last edited by RivDoVi; 20th June 2023 at 22:41.
RivDoVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2023, 00:30   #764  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,377
So, I have invested a bit in creating a new multi-edition mpls.

And here you will find an mpls for Gladiator UHD which contains both editions:
The short version (2h:34min, 00389.mpls) is the first one.

Can you check if this works with DGDemux first, cE is not ready with DoVi.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2023, 12:06   #765  |  Link
RivDoVi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 16
Wow, nice one ! I added your playlist to the UHD and yes, it works, both playing the playlist directly in MPC-HC and adding it to DGDemux. The latter perfectly recognizes all m2ts in the correct order !
May i ask you what did you use to generate a new playlist ? Could be useful for other discs !
RivDoVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2023, 12:20   #766  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,377
Cool, good to know it works.
This was a manual process.
With the BDTools I have created for each mpls a .json file and than copy and paste the m2ts playitems and the sub-playitems and change the sub-playitem IDs.
This new .json convert back to mpls with BDTools.

But all this should be coded in a small tool without BDTools.

Now we have two options if DGDemux not implement the m2ts list feature.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2023, 13:18   #767  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,377
It seems Rocky is willing to add the m2ts list feature.
https://www.rationalqm.us/board/view...p=17327#p17327
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2023, 14:26   #768  |  Link
RivDoVi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 16
I read his post and yes, this looks like the perfect solution and he says it's pretty easy to implement !
Opening MPLS and adding m2ts at the end is all that is required indeed.

Also, i was wondering (though i think the answer will be no as i don't see how) : Is there a possibility to "revert" a multi editions mkv to multiple simple editions ?
For example, like you did on gladiator, if you have the theatrical cut at the beginning & the Extended at the end, being able to make an mkv of the Extended ?
This would allow me to throw the UHD Folder entirely and keep only the multi-editions mkv for storage (but as i said, i'm pretty sure it's impossible lol).
RivDoVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2023, 16:33   #769  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,377
Yes, there exists a tool to extract an Edition you want from a multi-Edition mkv.
cE -> Multi-MKV: use the Split option.
But this process is not 100% perfect because MKVToolNix split the multi-Edition mkv to parts, which plays fine,
but after appending all parts, there are maybe hiccups on the transitions.

BD2mkv add some info to a multi-Edition mkv for better splitting. BD2mkv settings: Insert an edition with segment information (Multi-MKV)

Last edited by hubblec4; 21st June 2023 at 16:37.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2023, 23:33   #770  |  Link
RivDoVi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 16
Okay, so i'm trying to do as you say !
However it doesn't seem to work when using Multi-MKV split function. I tried "Extract Editions" & "Extract Doubles" to no avail, i get the following errors :

Multi-MKV Log
Split Start: MKVToolNix files and chapters are prepared
Process edition 1
Split map: 1+12-13+24
Splitting start
MKV file could not be created
Process edition 2
Split map: 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23,25,27,29,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46
Splitting start
MKV file could not be created
Split Start: MKVToolNix files and chapters are prepared
Process edition 1
Split map: 1,12,13,24
Splitting start
MKV file could not be created

I successfuly generated the third hidden edition for better splitting ofc !

Edit : Ah shit, it seems that's because i have a FLAC audio on the MKV lol; manually muxing using the generated bat file allowed me to see the origin of the problem :
Error: The track ID 3 from the file 'Alien.1979.2160p.UHD.BluRay.2in1.HYBRID.REMUX.HDR10+.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1.mkv' cannot be split. Splitting tracks of this type is not supported.

Last edited by RivDoVi; 21st June 2023 at 23:44.
RivDoVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2023, 11:54   #771  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,377
Never ever use FLAC :-) (in Matroska)
I had used it for a loong time also but I have many issues with that, so I decide me to keep ALWAYS the original streams.

In MTX there is a switch which allows to split mkv's with FLAC but the result is a damaged header FLAC. The file would be playable but no longer correct for other apps.

Last edited by hubblec4; 22nd June 2023 at 11:57.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2023, 19:33   #772  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,377
Hi RivDoVi

Rocky has provided a test version
https://www.rationalqm.us/board/view...p=17342#p17342

Could you also make a test with the Gladiator UHD?
Select the 00389.mpls for the first edition (it is easier to create the second edition)
For the -extras switch use:
-extras 00520,00521,00522,00523,00524,00525,00526,00527,00528,00529,00530
Demux and you can use the chapters which you already have(test with the 99999.mpls).
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2023, 18:41   #773  |  Link
RivDoVi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 16
Hullo there !

Can't try your test version i get 404 when trying to download it !
RivDoVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2023, 23:37   #774  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,377
OK. I guess the files was deleted.
Rocky has changed his opinion for the free m2ts input.
We have to wait a bit. But the appending feature should be enough, but not so comfortable to implement.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2023, 01:36   #775  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,377
Hi RivDoVi

Here is a new test cE version.
DGDemux support for demuxing multi editions is implemented also many switches.
A full DoVi support is not ready because I wait for some changes there.
The DoVi streams can be created but cE don't load this streams currently.
You can use the mtxcfg to open MTX and add there the DoVi stream(s).
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2023, 23:25   #776  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,377
Hi RivDoVi

Now it seems everything is working.
Here is a new test version and please download the newest DGDemux version.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2023, 09:29   #777  |  Link
mrsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Posts: 1
Hallo @hubblec4
I have registered here specifically to...
1. Thank you for your little helpful Program.
Because I don't know, how to reach you per email, I write here my wishes:
2. It would be wonderful, if you can add a "dark modus" to your cE-GUI,
because the white is very hard to look at for longer time, especially at night.
3. Now I had an odyssee behind me with the "Openlib account"-failure and a solution therefore,
which was in my opinion to download "openssl-1.0.2u-i386-win32.zip" and put the extracted files to the cE-folder.
Maybe this solution is helpful for other people using windows 10>?
4. The Extensions: wouldn't it be nice, if all the needed external programs would be downloadable in one file to install? - Which is tricky, because different Systems, I know.
Maybe there's a clever guy, who have a clever idea to solve this.
5a. Can you put relative paths for the extensions, e.g. so you can make into your cE-Folder subfolders called MKVtoolNix, eac3to, PgcDemux(Mod), DGIndexNV, BDSup2Sub, Java (must be installed through windows, I know) and tsMuxeR.
So it looks like
cE138/
cE138/MKVtoolNix/
cE138/eac3to/
cE138/PgcDemux(Mod)/
cE138/DGIndexNV/
cE138/BDSup2Sub/
cE138/tsMuxeR/

5b. So if you could had made this, I can easily click on the extension-button and choice the subfolder with the app in it. Sounds great to me, if this relif exists!

5c. Maybe you can program your cE so, that it search automatically for the needed extensions first in all existing subfolders of cE, then alternatively search in windows program-folders and add the paths automatically to cE-Extensions?

I know, that some wishes may be helpful and some wishes may be are hard to code,
but I think, you get new input that generate maybe new ideas to include in your little helpful programm.
Love, peace.
mrsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2023, 14:42   #778  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,377
Hi mrsmith and welcome to Doom9 forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmith View Post
1. Thank you for your little helpful Program.
Because I don't know, how to reach you per email, I write here my wishes:
You are welcome.
Here is the best place to ask and make suggestions for cE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmith View Post
2. It would be wonderful, if you can add a "dark modus" to your cE-GUI,
because the white is very hard to look at for longer time, especially at night.
There was already a request and it's on my todo list. I had started but it doesn't seem that easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmith View Post
3. Now I had an odyssee behind me with the "Openlib account"-failure and a solution therefore,
which was in my opinion to download "openssl-1.0.2u-i386-win32.zip" and put the extracted files to the cE-folder.
Maybe this solution is helpful for other people using windows 10>?
Yes that's correct. I have not included this .dll because on many systems is it already present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmith View Post
4. The Extensions: wouldn't it be nice, if all the needed external programs would be downloadable in one file to install? - Which is tricky, because different Systems, I know.

5a. Can you put relative paths for the extensions, e.g. so you can make into your cE-Folder subfolders called MKVtoolNix, eac3to, PgcDemux(Mod), DGIndexNV, BDSup2Sub, Java (must be installed through windows, I know) and tsMuxeR.
So it looks like
cE138/
cE138/MKVtoolNix/
cE138/eac3to/
cE138/PgcDemux(Mod)/
cE138/DGIndexNV/
cE138/BDSup2Sub/
cE138/tsMuxeR/
I know many other tools bundle all the needed software, but I don't want go this way.
One reason for this is that I now have more than one MKVToolNix installation folder on the hard disk, just for each tool separately and cE doesn't have to contain MKVToolNix as well.
Another reason is that all the programs have to be downloaded every time, and that with every new version of the tool.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmith View Post
5b. So if you could had made this, I can easily click on the extension-button and choice the subfolder with the app in it. Sounds great to me, if this relif exists!
cE has a more nicely method for that drag and drop the folders from the OS file explorer any where in the settings page for the external programs and cE set it to the correct tool.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmith View Post
5c. Maybe you can program your cE so, that it search automatically for the needed extensions first in all existing subfolders of cE, then alternatively search in windows program-folders and add the paths automatically to cE-Extensions?
Yes that could/should cE do, I had thought about for a while but found not the right motivation.
cE could scan for installed software, I will add it to my Todo list.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2023, 16:25   #779  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,377
update rev 1.39

chapterEditor(cE) rev1.39 is available.
Windows
Linux


It is time again for an update.
A new editing tool is now available for BD2mkv: DGDemux.

The author(Rocky) of DGDemux has implemented all my wishes, and so DGDemux is now better than eac3to for demuxing the tracks.

Unfortunately eac3to is not up to date anymore and I had some problems demuxing eac3 tracks.(sounds ironic, but it is not)
Also there are problems with UHD discs.

DGDemux can generate the same video stream for Dolby Vision as Makemkv does.
cE is now able to create multi-edition mkv's for UHD discs.

DGDemux has simplified and improved many things. For example, when demuxing a subtitle track, a forced subtitle track is also created (if available).
If you don't need to do any extra processing of the extracted subtitles, BD2mkv can do without BDSUP2Sub.
The demuxing of a TrueHD track I find especially good, because you can extract the TrueHD part separately and also without the embedded AC3 track, which saves writing processes on the hard disk.

DGDemux is now the standard editing tool for Windows.
There is already a Linux version of DGDemux, but it is too old and lacks the latest features.
I am very confident that DGDemux will soon be available for Linux in the latest version.

It has been a great pleasure working with Rocky on DGDemux to improve it.
Thanks again Rocky for your great work and DGDemux, which now ensures that we can edit Blu-rays properly.

The current version of DGDemux can be downloaded here.
https://www.rationalqm.us/dgdemux/binaries/

Code:
rev1.39 2023-07-23
// chapterEditor
& support for TMPGEnc.keyframe files


// BD2mkv
& DGDemux
  - UHD Blu-ray's are fully supported, including Dolby Vision
  - access to DGDemux options for extraction

& the file path for external files is displayed in the info

* extracted TrueHD tracks with embedded AC3
  - the mtxcfg file is now created correctly
  - for automatic muxing a correct track order code is now created
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2023, 23:06   #780  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,377
update rev 1.40

chapterEditor(cE) rev1.40 is available.
Windows
Linux

A small update because DGDemux is now also available for Linux.
Now it is possible to create multi-edition mkv's under Linux, as well as edit UHD discs.

The current version of DGDemux can be downloaded here.
https://www.rationalqm.us/dgdemux/binaries/

Code:
Change chapterEditor

added    &
fixed    *
improved #
changed  %


rev1.40 2023-08-13
// chapterEditor
& support for a special Youtube chapter format
  - Timestamp with a chapter name - "HH:MM:SS[:MS/NS] chapter name"

* Linux: the status bar text is now displayed correctly


// BD2mkv
* minor adjustment so that the DGDemux Linux version also works

# DGDemux is now also the default editing tool in Linux
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bluray backup, chapter editor, dvd2mkv, matroska menu, metadata, multi-edition-mkv, xml tag

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.