Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 9th May 2016, 23:43   #41  |  Link
asarian

I am already using fmtconv. That wasn't really my point, though. Nor is the use of MPEG2Source (frankly, I don't care what source filter that avs script uses). I was merely contemplating the usefulness of vsavsreader, when the imported avs script uses its own source, from stratch, instead of building on what you have so far in your VapourSynth script.

Case reopened.
Old 9th May 2016, 23:58   #42  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
I am already using fmtconv. That wasn't really my point, though. Nor is the use of MPEG2Source (frankly, I don't care what source filter that avs script uses). I was merely contemplating the usefulness of vsavsreader, when the imported avs script uses its own source, from stratch, instead of building on what you have so far in your VapourSynth script.

Case reopened.
Sorry I missed your point, it wasn't really clear to me, still isn't. Anyways, vsavsreader was created in 2012 when VapourSynth had very limited use so this plugin helped to fill that void. Nowadays is kinda obsolete since most of the useful scripts and plugins have been ported to VapourSynth. Also VS can load AVS 2.6 plugins directly so... Hence why your the first person to post in this thread since Dec. 2014.

And don't forget about AviSource:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
I'm just going to add that using vs avisource to open an avisynth script and (if necessary) fmtconv's 16 bit avisynth compatibility functions should work just as well.

I completely forgot that this plugin kinda is obsolete now because avisource exists.
Reel.Deel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 00:03   #43  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel.Deel View Post
Sorry I missed your point, it wasn't really clear to me, still isn't. Anyways, vsavsreader was created in 2012 when VapourSynth had very limited use so this plugin helped to fill that void. Nowadays is kinda obsolete since most of the useful scripts and plugins have been ported to VapourSynth. Also VS can load AVS 2.6 plugins directly so... Hence why your the first person to post in this thread since Dec. 2014.

And don't forget about AviSource:

Fair enough. I'm just going to go with the new stuff, I reckon. Didn't realize vsavsreader was that old, really.
Old 21st September 2018, 12:48   #44  |  Link
Lynx_TWO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
there's a difference between being unable to do a thing and being too lazy to do a thing
Oh man I wish there was a voting system in this forum. This is the comment of the decade, and I can personally attest to this. Another thing I wish we had was more time. Sleeping is such a time-suck!
Lynx_TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2018, 13:14   #45  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel.Deel View Post
Unfortunately I only have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express so I guess I'm SOL when it comes to trying to compile a 64-bit vsavsreader.
* You need to install the Windows SDK 7.1 too and make it current.
* Your registry should have similar entries as here (but then for Windows SDK 7.1): https://web.archive.org/web/20140121...stry-keys.aspx

Then you will be able to compile 64-bit stuff.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote