Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 11th July 2018, 22:43   #1  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

VSRepo - the official easy plugin manager

I have created a simple repository which can now basically install havsfunc and all its dependencies with one simple command. And a pile of other plugins and some scripts too now that I've gotten help creating more packages.

Latest version is now always bundled with VapourSynth. If you want to try out development versions or report bugs you can do it at Gihub

Usage:
Code:
vsrepo.py update
vsrepo.py install havsfunc ffms2 d2v
vsrepo.py upgrade-all
vsrepo.py installed
vsrepo.py available
You can refer to plugins/scripts in several ways. The id which is long and complicated and the namespace for plugins. For scripts it's generally the lowercase module name.

You can also add the -p switch to run it in portable mode and -f to force unknown versions of plugins to be upgraded.

Files will be installed to %APPDATA%\VapourSynth\PluginsXX and %APPDATA%\Python\X.Y\site-packages

(also known as the per user autoload directory and python's per user site directory)

All installed files will by default end up in the correct paths and instantly be usable. Make sure that the portable python directory is also the working directory when running in portable mode.

HELP CREATING MORE PLUGIN DEFINITIONS WELCOME. See the files in the local folder for examples. Report any issues.

Last edited by Myrsloik; 20th October 2019 at 15:13. Reason: Update archive
Myrsloik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2018, 22:55   #2  |  Link
ChaosKing

I see you changed the RainbowSmooth url from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/du...inbowSmooth.py to https://github.com/dubhater/vapoursy...archive/v2.zip. I tested it with the first one and it worked well. Any reason to prefer the bigger zip file?
Old 11th July 2018, 23:07   #3  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
I see you changed the RainbowSmooth url from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/du...inbowSmooth.py to https://github.com/dubhater/vapoursy...archive/v2.zip. I tested it with the first one and it worked well. Any reason to prefer the bigger zip file?
Mostly that it points to a specific release/version. Pointing at master is a horrible idea that will make the hash fail as soon as a change is made to RainbowSmooth.py. If there's no release you have to at least pick a git revision and stick to that.
Old 11th July 2018, 23:21   #4  |  Link
ChaosKing

Makes sense ... But I think it would be a good idea to offer both, a stable and master (latest/beta) version, since for scripts there aren't many official releases like in plugin repos. I think less then half of the scripts on github have official releases and even then, in 99% of the time, you just pick the master. At least this is my experience.
Old 11th July 2018, 23:28   #5  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Maybe I'll provide master/unstable labels at some point later. This is just the first version to get things started for the most common use cases. Even debugging a script with QTGMC caused greater buttpains for me just to go on the plugin/script treasure hunt for havsfunc.
Old 11th July 2018, 23:37   #6  |  Link
lansing

Will it install both 32 bit and 64 bit of the plugin to each python directory respectively?
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2018, 23:39   #7  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
Will it install both 32 bit and 64 bit of the plugin to each python directory respectively?
No, by default it installs the same bitness as the python you're running it with. You can control which one is installed with "-t win32" or "-t win64"
Old 12th July 2018, 00:59   #8  |  Link
lansing

Shouldn't the Vapoursynth plugin path be inside "program files (x86)/vapoursynth"? Why is it pointing to %appdata% instead?
Old 12th July 2018, 01:26   #9  |  Link
Are_

Just a wild guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
Files will be installed to %APPDATA%\VapourSynth\PluginsXX and %APPDATA%\Python\X.Y\site-packages

(also known as the per user autoload directory and python's per user site directory)
Are_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2018, 06:58   #10  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Shouldn't the Vapoursynth plugin path be inside "program files (x86)/vapoursynth"? Why is it pointing to %appdata% instead?
In default use, it won't have permissions. I have mine in a custom folder with liberal permissions, but I'm pretty sure Myrsloik's intention is having a well-known folder with plugins and scripts for better support. Customize away if you support yourself!
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2018, 09:25   #11  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
In default use, it won't have permissions. I have mine in a custom folder with liberal permissions, but I'm pretty sure Myrsloik's intention is having a well-known folder with plugins and scripts for better support. Customize away if you support yourself!
1. Permissions. Default global directories need administrative rights and that's a problem.
2. Why do you feel this need to stuff everything into program files where it shouldn't be?
3. It's a horrible idea to change state of plugins for all users in a true multi-user environment. Just saying.
Old 12th July 2018, 15:23   #12  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Updated version posted, now has 46 plugins and scripts in total. Feel free to request what should be added next or create the definitions yourself.
Old 13th July 2018, 12:30   #13  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Updated to test5 in the first post, it now has various small bugfixes and simple caching to make it work faster when many things are being installed at once.

About 10 more packages since yesterday too. Keep the submissions coming and we'll have a complete package system created in under one week!

(it's already quite complete so start using havsfunc and vsTAAmbk without having to go on a treasure hunt)
Old 14th July 2018, 22:39   #14  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

The daily update. Now we're up to 67 plugins and scripts. I'm surprised there hasn't been more feedback yet. Is it too sunny outisde?
Old 15th July 2018, 00:52   #15  |  Link
lansing

There can be a command to list all available plugins and their installation status, and there can also be a command to just install all plugins.
Old 19th July 2018, 08:19   #16  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
There can be a command to list all available plugins and their installation status, and there can also be a command to just install all plugins.
Listing all available ones, sure. Installing all plugins is just ridiculous though.
Old 19th July 2018, 08:30   #17  |  Link
ChaosKing

Quote:
About 10 more packages since yesterday too. Keep the submissions coming and we'll have a complete package system created in under one week!
One Problem ist that not every git repo has also a release aka binaries, only source code...

I hope this motivates people to provide some binaries as well.
Old 19th July 2018, 08:33   #18  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
One Problem ist that not every git repo has also a release aka binaries, only source code...

I hope this motivates people to provide some binaries as well.
Yes, it really annoys me when people can't be bothered to make releases and put binaries on github.
Old 19th July 2018, 09:14   #19  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Installing all plugins is just ridiculous though.
Why is that? It gives an option to people who are new or people who don't really care about customization a hassle-free installation.
Old 19th July 2018, 09:49   #20  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Why is that? It gives an option to people who are new or people who don't really care about customization a hassle-free installation.
It's a waste of bandwidth and a recipe for potential problems. There's a reason "apt-get install-all" is not a thing in linux...