Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Closed Thread

Old 6th March 2007, 07:07   #81  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revgen View Post
One option I would like to see is to be able to turn off deblocking. Sometimes I'd rather deal with blocking issues myself using avisynth.
Good idea. I have implemented and tested it. You'll do it like this:

AVCSource("file.dga",deblock=false)

I'm sure you're aware that in H.264 the deblocked picture becomes the reference picture, so you may see inaccuracies that get progressively worse within a GOP.

It will be in the next alpha. The next alpha will also add an option to DGAVCIndex to generate a decoded video using the JVT reference software.

EDIT: It's 25% faster without deblocking. For one 25fps HD clip I have that made the difference in allowing me to play it at full frame rate.

Last edited by Guest; 6th March 2007 at 07:32.
Old 6th March 2007, 08:05   #82  |  Link
Revgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Good idea. I have implemented and tested it. You'll do it like this:

AVCSource("file.dga",deblock=false)

I'm sure you're aware that in H.264 the deblocked picture becomes the reference picture, so you may see inaccuracies that get progressively worse within a GOP.

It will be in the next alpha. The next alpha will also add an option to DGAVCIndex to generate a decoded video using the JVT reference software.

EDIT: It's 25% faster without deblocking. For one 25fps HD clip I have that made the difference in allowing me to play it at full frame rate.
Thanks a lot.

I'm aware of some of the drawbacks, but in certain cases it just works better without it.

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.
Old 6th March 2007, 08:58   #83  |  Link
ToS_Maverick
x264 Tester

first of all, thanks neuron2 for the great work!

my workflow looks like this:
Pro7 HD Transport Stream => mux to Matroska => cut with mkvtoolnix => demux with mkvextractgui => index => avisynth

i want to report the following issues:
- in your GUI, you can add files via drag&drop. after add file via D&D => index, if i drag another file into it, the indexfile will be created, but if i want to load it, an avisyntherror occurs: no video

- if i load a file, which was splitted with mkvmerge and demuxed, DGAVCSource looses the first ~60 frames, compared to DirectShowSource("file.mkv").
Old 6th March 2007, 13:05   #84  |  Link
lucassp

LoadPlugin("DGAVCDecode.DLL")
AVCSource("D:\HD\sky.dga")

Everytime I try to play the AVS file I get this message:

Evaluate: System exception - Access Violation

the streams are the ones from x264.nl
Old 6th March 2007, 13:07   #85  |  Link
Manao

neuron2 : can't you try to copy the decoded picture in the output buffer before deblocking it ? That way, there are no decoding accuracies.
Old 6th March 2007, 15:05   #86  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToS_Maverick View Post
- if i load a file, which was splitted with mkvmerge and demuxed, DGAVCSource looses the first ~60 frames, compared to DirectShowSource("file.mkv").
You can't expect anything to get fixed if you don't upload a test file. For what it's worth, I can't reproduce, it comes out on the correct frame here.
Old 6th March 2007, 15:25   #87  |  Link
ToS_Maverick
x264 Tester

ok sry, i noticed the problem yesterday and just wanted to report it. when i get home, i'll upload a sample for you, no problem
Old 6th March 2007, 15:56   #88  |  Link
Seba-

Hey,
Maybe it is possible to make avc/h264 support for satelite hdtv avc streams? Sample from FTA channel below:

Sample File
Old 6th March 2007, 16:25   #89  |  Link
lucassp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba- View Post
Hey,
Maybe it is possible to make avc/h264 support for satelite hdtv avc streams? Sample from FTA channel below:

Sample File
first, you've got to demux the Transport Stream: MPlayer FILE.TS -dumpvideo -dumpfile FILE.264. and then do the job with DGAVCIndex
Old 6th March 2007, 16:51   #90  |  Link
Seba-

I tried but obviously it's not working with hdtv streams...
Old 6th March 2007, 17:24   #91  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba- View Post
I tried but obviously it's not working with hdtv streams...
You have to give me the .264 elementary stream if you want support!
Old 6th March 2007, 17:27   #92  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucassp View Post
LoadPlugin("DGAVCDecode.DLL")
AVCSource("D:\HD\sky.dga")

Everytime I try to play the AVS file I get this message:

Evaluate: System exception - Access Violation

the streams are the ones from x264.nl
If you want a failing stream to be supported, you have to give me the stream for testing. Otherwise, there is nothing I can do. I do not have a magic wand.

My guess is that it is PAFF, which is not supported. But I'd like to see the stream to verify that and to test out a more graceful exit.

Last edited by Guest; 6th March 2007 at 17:31.
Old 6th March 2007, 17:30   #93  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manao View Post
neuron2 : can't you try to copy the decoded picture in the output buffer before deblocking it ? That way, there are no decoding inaccuracies.
Yes, that would be possible. You'd lose the speed advantage of course. But I'd have to modify libavcodec. We'll see. Let's find out how significant the effect is.
Old 6th March 2007, 17:34   #94  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToS_Maverick View Post
- in your GUI, you can add files via drag&drop. after add file via D&D => index, if i drag another file into it, the indexfile will be created, but if i want to load it, an avisyntherror occurs: no video
Yeah, because the DGA file is empty. I'll fix it.

Quote:
Need the ES, please.
Old 6th March 2007, 19:15   #95  |  Link
ToS_Maverick
x264 Tester

i think i know the source of the problem! wanted to split 20mb from the problematic file with mkvmerge, which couldn't do it... got a whole bunch of errors! i'll talk to mosu to find a solution and start a further investigation. i'll keep you posted
Old 6th March 2007, 19:20   #96  |  Link
Revgen

Okay I just tried this on another video and getting some strange issues when trying to fast seek to certain points. I don't know if this has anything to do with the IDR/SEI issues you mentioned.

1) The video is 640x480 @ 60fps and 400334 frames long.

2) I CAN fast seek anywhere in the video from frame 0 to about frame 189257. If I try to fast seek anywhere past frame 189257, VirtualDub will return me to the beginning of the video. When this happens I can even press "play" and it'll start playing at the begining of the video.

3) Furthermore, if I try to fast seek past about the frame 377623, VirtualDub doesn't even go back to the beginning of the video. Instead it shows a blank green screen. If I press "play" at this point, VirtualDub will play the green screen and sometimes the real video will shift in and out during playback.

4) Fortunately, none of these problems occur if I just press "play" before the 189257 frame. I can play all the way through the video and just press "stop" and it'll stop at the right spot. Unfortunately, this is a lot slower than just fast-seeking.

5) This also causes a problem with the trim command.

If I use trim(0,185000)+trim(370000,0) and I set my mark to lets say 184000 and press "play" in VirtualDub, by the time VDub plays past the 185000 frame it starts playing at the beginning of the video. I haven't tried any encodes doing this yet (I plan to later), but I wouldn't be surprised if it screws up the vid.

6) I have not encountered any of these issues using DirectShowSource on my original .mkv. I'm going to remux the .264 file I demuxed back into another .mkv and play it back to see if MKVExtract made a mistake probably later today.

EDIT: I just remuxed the .264 file I originally extracted and it seeked fine with directshowsource, so obviously MKVExtract can't be the culprit.

7) The entire .264 file is 4.21 GB. If you're interested, I might be better off sending you a DVD-R in the mail.

Last edited by Revgen; 6th March 2007 at 19:45.
Old 6th March 2007, 20:01   #97  |  Link

@RevGen

First, please post a link to the entiire DGA file.
Old 6th March 2007, 20:34   #98  |  Link
lucassp

Quote:
If you want a failing stream to be supported, you have to give me the stream for testing. Otherwise, there is nothing I can do. I do not have a magic wand.

My guess is that it is PAFF, which is not supported. But I'd like to see the stream to verify that and to test out a more graceful exit.
http://x264.nl/h.264.samples/force.p...movies.9.hd.ts

MPlayer plays it using libavcodec
Old 6th March 2007, 20:39   #99  |  Link
Inventive Software
Turkey Machine

Location: Lowestoft, UK (but visit lots of places with bribes [beer])
Neuron'll lynch you for not demuxing it...
Old 6th March 2007, 20:45   #100  |  Link
Revgen

Quote:
@RevGen

First, please post a link to the entiire DGA file.
Here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?amermndmhuz

Closed Thread