Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 1st December 2022, 02:33   #19761  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlev11 View Post
Trying out the new PD-Lite version as I would like to start doing some smdegrain comparisons, but having issues with the scripts.

when ever I choose a smdegrain custom script, when it goes to start decoding I immediately get a :

temp\ripbot264temp\job1\info.txt does not exist

and the encode immediately aborts. Not sure what is going on, I first thought the plugins variable wasn't set correctly so i changed all the call outs to the hardcoded path to the avisynth plugins folder. That changed nothing.

Any thoughts?? choosing mdegrain like normal works fine, just the custom smdegrain scripts

I checked and something in the smdegrain script is keeping the info.txt from being generated. It is there if I don;t choose a smdegrain script, but as soon as I do it dissapears in the job folder.

it is definately something with the last line:
video=SMDegrain(video,tr=2,thSAD=200,thSADC=100,contrasharp=true,prefilter=0,refinemotion=true,blksize=8)

if I remove this from the script leaving all the loadPlugin and Import lines the encode does at least runs although it doesn't really do anything.
Have sent a couple of PM's...

Will be posting a revised, updated build, shortly.
Old 1st December 2022, 02:54   #19762  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Revised & updated PD_Lite

Have made a few changes (hopefully for the better).

Please read the changelog, as there are some prerequisites that need to be installed !!!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vszi5...2%2529.7z/file
Old 1st December 2022, 03:31   #19763  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Trying out the new PD-Lite version as I would like to start doing some smdegrain comparisons, but having issues with the scripts.

when ever I choose a smdegrain custom script, when it goes to start decoding I immediately get a :

and the encode immediately aborts. Not sure what is going on, I first thought the plugins variable wasn't set correctly so i changed all the call outs to the hardcoded path to the avisynth plugins folder. That changed nothing.

Any thoughts?? choosing mdegrain like normal works fine, just the custom smdegrain scripts

I checked and something in the smdegrain script is keeping the info.txt from being generated. It is there if I don;t choose a smdegrain script, but as soon as I do it dissapears in the job folder.

it is definately something with the last line:
video=SMDegrain(video,tr=2,thSAD=200,thSADC=100,contrasharp=true,prefilter=0,refinemotion=true,blksize=8)

if I remove this from the script leaving all the loadPlugin and Import lines the encode does at least runs although it doesn't really do anything.
Can you post your full script ??
Old 1st December 2022, 03:38   #19764  |  Link
rlev11

#MT

#VideoSource
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\rleva\Desktop\RipBot-Lite\Tools\AviSynth plugins\lsmash\LSMASHSource.dll")
video=LWLibavVideoSource("D:\MKV\From Here to Eternity (1953) 4k\From Here to Eternity (1953) (1).mkv",cachefile="D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\From Here to Eternity (1953) (1).mkv.lwi")

#Deinterlace

#Decimate

#Crop

#Downscale

#Tonemap

#Levels

#Colours

#Denoise

#Custom
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\rleva\Desktop\RipBot-Lite\Tools\AviSynth plugins\masktools\masktools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\rleva\Desktop\RipBot-Lite\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\rleva\Desktop\RipBot-Lite\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RgTools\RgTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\rleva\Desktop\RipBot-Lite\Tools\AviSynth plugins\PD_TOOLS\MedianBlur2\MedianBlur2.dll")
Import("C:\Users\rleva\Desktop\RipBot-Lite\Tools\AviSynth plugins\PD_TOOLS\EXTOOLS\ExTools.avs")
Import("C:\Users\rleva\Desktop\RipBot-Lite\Tools\AviSynth plugins\PD_TOOLS\LSF-PLUS\LSFplus.avs")
Import("C:\Users\rleva\Desktop\RipBot-Lite\Tools\AviSynth plugins\PD_TOOLS\SHARPENERS-PACK\Sharpeners Pack.avs")
Import("C:\Users\rleva\Desktop\RipBot-Lite\Tools\AviSynth plugins\PD_TOOLS\SMDEGRAIN\SMDegrain cpu.avs")
Import("C:\Users\rleva\Desktop\RipBot-Lite\Tools\AviSynth plugins\PD_TOOLS\Zs_RF_Shared\Zs_RF_Shared.avs")
video=SMDegrain(video,tr=2,thSAD=200,thSADC=100,contrasharp=true,prefilter=0,refinemotion=true)

#Prefetch

#After_Prefetch_Denoise

#After_Prefetch_Custom

#Sharpen

#Upscale

#Borders

#Subtitles

#AudioSource
Import("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_a1.avs")

#Triming

#AVSameLength

#ColorSpace

#Return
rlev11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2022, 03:56   #19765  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Originally Posted by rlev11
Thanks

Umm, can you please try something...

I have my RipBot folder directly on my C:\ drive, could you unpack the latest build, then copy it to the root of C:\.

I'm not sure if a longer path is what the problem is....I'm grasping at straws now, as I am NOT having any problems !!!

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 1st December 2022 at 04:08.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2022, 04:20   #19766  |  Link
rlev11

No change, paths in the script changed to the corrected ones automatically with the variable and are correct. Even tried re-running the 4 installs again from the new c:\Ripbot264 folder and no difference.
Old 1st December 2022, 04:33   #19767  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
No change, paths in the script changed to the corrected ones automatically with the variable and are correct. Even tried re-running the 4 installs again from the new c:\Ripbot264 folder and no difference.
Yeah, like I said, I'm clutching at straws..

I even copied my RipBot folder to the desktop, and it still worked.

So unfortunately, I have no more suggestions...I know that it works perfectly for me, both the "full" & "lite" builds, and because of that I can't reproduce your problem.

Have you got any unique permissions or anything setup ??

I'm pretty sure you're going to keep at it, and I'm sorry I can't help.

One last idea, this is the script in the build:-

Code:
#Custom
LoadPlugin("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\masktools\masktools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\RgTools\RgTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\PD_TOOLS\MedianBlur2\MedianBlur2.dll")
Import("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\PD_TOOLS\EXTOOLS\ExTools.avs")
Import("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\PD_TOOLS\LSF-PLUS\LSFplus.avs")
Import("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\PD_TOOLS\RESIZERS-PACK\Resizers Pack.avs")
Import("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\PD_TOOLS\SHARPENERS-PACK\Sharpeners Pack.avs")
Import("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\PD_TOOLS\SMDEGRAIN\SMDegrain cpu.avs")
Import("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\PD_TOOLS\Zs_RF_Shared\Zs_RF_Shared.avs")
video=SMDegrain(video,tr=2,thSAD=200,thSADC=100,thSCD1=400,thSCD2=130,contrasharp=true,prefilter=0,str=1.2,refinemotion=true)
What if you edited the script's "%AVISYNTHPLUGINS% with your whole path...

Code:
changed to
Code:
 LoadPlugin("C:\Users\rleva\Desktop\RipBot-Lite\Tools\AviSynth plugins\masktools\masktools2.dll")
Old 1st December 2022, 04:37   #19768  |  Link
rlev11

will try again tomorrow, but that is one of the first things I tried earlier today
Old 1st December 2022, 04:56   #19769  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
will try again tomorrow, but that is one of the first things I tried earlier today
I'm really sorry about this, but there is clearly something unique going on with your systems.

But it might be something really simple.

I have sent a PM to another user that uses my build's, without issue...so I'm hoping that he might have a "lightbulb moment".

But it would be really great if someone else is having similar issues, would leave a comment.

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 1st December 2022 at 04:58.
Old 1st December 2022, 13:36   #19770  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
OK, with all the conversation of late, I decided to build a "Lite" version of my somewhat popular build's
https://www.mediafire.com/file/orr7k...11-22).7z/file

Good luck, and enjoy
I tried to download the lite version but the link does not seem to be working. I was going to see if there was something wrong so I could help rlev11.

rlev11: Have you tried just setting a custom script using the default mdegrain options, just to make sure custom scripts are working:
#Custom
Loadplugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
super=MSuper(video,pel=2)
bv1=MAnalyse(super,blksize=8,isb=true,delta=1,overlap=4)
bv2=MAnalyse(super,blksize=8,isb=true,delta=2,overlap=4)
fv1=MAnalyse(super,blksize=8,isb=false,delta=1,overlap=4)
fv2=MAnalyse(super,blksize=8,isb=false,delta=2,overlap=4)
video=MDegrain2(video,super,bv1,fv1,bv2,fv2,thSAD=200)

If that works, then try:
#Custom
LoadPlugin("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\RgTools\RgTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\PD_TOOLS\MedianBlur2\MedianBlur2.dll")
Import("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\PD_TOOLS\EXTOOLS\ExTools.avs")
Import("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\PD_TOOLS\LSF-PLUS\LSFplus.avs")
Import("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\PD_TOOLS\SHARPENERS-PACK\Sharpeners Pack.avs")
Import("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\PD_TOOLS\SMDEGRAIN\SMDegrain cpu.avs")
Import("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\PD_TOOLS\Zs_RF_Shared\Zs_RF_Shared.avs")
Video=SMDegrain(video,tr=4,thSAD=400,thSADC=200,contrasharp=true,prefilter=1,refinemotion=true)

I'm using the full tools folder currently as I could not download the light and test that. Also try changing my last line and remove all options so SMDegrain uses the default:
Video=SMDegrain(video)

If there are any errors in the script or plugins being called, missing or in the wrong order, then you get the error you were seeing. It would be nice if there was some kind of debug output in RB so you could see what is happening.

Atak, that would be a nice feature to add. avisynth debugging/logging.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2022, 17:56   #19771  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:

I'm digging into this now. I can confirm it also does not work.

Though I went a different route. First I downloaded Atak's 1.26.0 build and moved the Tools folder into my RB folder. This way I have a stock RB Tools folder. I turned on auto update and let it run two rounds of updates until the Tools folder was updated as Atak intended.

When Pauly Dunne made his light version it still had the entire tools folder in it. So I stripped it down to just the files that should be needed, PD_Tools and the Custom scripts.

So I made a feather weight version that weighs in at 272KB and you can just copy that into the RB folder and it won't overwrite a single file:

Though it does not work. I'm going to do the same thing with PDs full build, though I suspect there is a newer component that has overwritten a RB file.

Last edited by Ryushin; 1st December 2022 at 20:00. Reason: Deleted Link
Old 1st December 2022, 20:12   #19772  |  Link
Ryushin

PD Lite Fixed

The problem with the PD Lite version was that it was missing the Resizers Pack.
I've added the RESIZERS-PACK folder to PD_Tools and modified the scripts to add this line:

I stripped down the Lite version so you can just paste the Tools folder into the RB folder it it will merge into the Tools folder without overwriting any RB files. So you can leave RB's auto update turned on.
https://cloud.chrisdos.com/s/5B8sYfgSL8oTwQR (Zip file is only 287KB in size)

I also did the same for the full tools that Pauly released on November 8th and stripped it down so it only contains PD_Tools files and scripts. I applied the two PD updates released in November to the that folder as well:
https://cloud.chrisdos.com/s/MQBEqcEENLZffAr (7z file is only 32.6MB in size)

Pauly, I personally prefer your versions like this. So they don't overwrite any of Atak's files. Though it would be nice if Atak updates x265 and perhaps a few other tools more often. But he has to support his build, so I understand if he is hesitant to upgrade the packages every release. Through quarterly or twice yearly would be nice.

I'm switching to the Full build that is stripped. I do like the possibilities of using your other tools and scripts such as the debanding and such.
Old 1st December 2022, 20:31   #19773  |  Link
rlev11

So I was using a 4k source file for my testing. I guess I should have tried another file. I tried some 1080 and 720p stuff an I did get it working now using the smdegrain scripts. I have tried a couple different 4k mkv's and they still fail. Have only tried a couple of files so far so not 100% sure I have this completely figured out yet, but i am making some headway.

I did have to copy the PD-Lite version to my servers and start the encoding server from that PDLite folder for the encoding servers to work. I guess that makes sense that the encoding servers would need some of the dependencies
Old 1st December 2022, 20:39   #19774  |  Link
rlev11

Ryushin,

so what you are saying is that if I already have a fully updated 1.26.3 Atak release, all I should have to do is download the lite zip file, copy it into the correct folder and I should be good to go??

any benefit to merging the larger zip from the nov 8 and just copying the scripts from the latest lite version?

Update: So this is what I did, just merge the full tools folder from the zip download and then added the scripts from the lite download.

It's working now (allbeit slower than expected), even for 4k stuff. Only thing I have to figure out is 1 of the 2 current encoding servers is not working. I did just merge the tools folder on the encoding server but I have to figure this out before I add in the other 7 encoding servers

Last edited by rlev11; 1st December 2022 at 21:06.
Old 1st December 2022, 21:09   #19775  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Ryushin,

so what you are saying is that if I already have a fully updated 1.26.3 Atak release, all I should have to do is download the lite zip file, copy it into the correct folder and I should be good to go??

any benefit to merging the larger zip from the nov 8 and just copying the scripts from the latest lite version?
Yes, download either version, extract the Tools folder, then just drag and drop the Tools folder into the RB folder (which also has a Tools folder) and it will merge and not overwrite any of the original Atak provided RB files.

The larger 7z file is if you want access to all of Pauly Dunne's many different scripts and plugins. If you just want SMDegrain, then the lite version is all you need.

I'm running the larger stripped version now with RB's auto updates turned on.
Old 1st December 2022, 21:52   #19776  |  Link
rlev11

Found for the encoding servers, just merging the tools folder does NOT allow the encoding server to work, (these are copies of the latest Atak version as well) I had to copy the "important to install" folder from the PD-Lite version download and I did the Vcdist,avisynth, and Libfftw3f-3 installs from that folder. This allowed the encoding servers to actually work and not throw an error that it could not open the chunk. Avisynth was installed from the windows installer that pops the first time you open the excodingserver.exe

The "important to install" folder from the PD-Lite version download was done on my client yesterday during troubleshooting so I am not sure if that would also need to be done to an Atak version as well in addition to just merging the Tools folder, my best guess would be YES it would.

Last edited by rlev11; 1st December 2022 at 22:14.
Old 2nd December 2022, 00:20   #19777  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
The problem with the PD Lite version was that it was missing the Resizers Pack.
I've added the RESIZERS-PACK folder to PD_Tools and modified the scripts to add this line:
Hi, yeah, the reasoning behind leaving out that, was the file I was testing with, didn't "call" for it, unfortunately, it wasn't a 4K test file
Old 2nd December 2022, 00:27   #19778  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
Yes, download either version, extract the Tools folder, then just drag and drop the Tools folder into the RB folder (which also has a Tools folder) and it will merge and not overwrite any of the original Atak provided RB files.

The larger 7z file is if you want access to all of Pauly Dunne's many different scripts and plugins. If you just want SMDegrain, then the lite version is all you need.

I'm running the larger stripped version now with RB's auto updates turned on.
Well, you 2 guys have been busy, while I've been asleep (time difference), and now there's a whole new build, so now I will have to re-evaluate this project, as any future builds, I can't call my own, anymore

I will "study" what you've done with the stripped down builds, and go from there.

But at this stage, it seems like both the "Lite" & full builds are "fixed".

EDIT:- I've just noticed a glaring oversight with this..this very important folder "SMDEGRAIN Scripts (& others)" is missing from the stripped down "full" build.

This folder contains ALL the scripts that can be copied to the Custom folder, so they can be used in RB.

The "Lite" build does not require that folder, as the dependencies aren't included, hence "Lite"

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 2nd December 2022 at 01:40.
Old 2nd December 2022, 00:31   #19779  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Found for the encoding servers, just merging the tools folder does NOT allow the encoding server to work, (these are copies of the latest Atak version as well) I had to copy the "important to install" folder from the PD-Lite version download and I did the Vcdist,avisynth, and Libfftw3f-3 installs from that folder. This allowed the encoding servers to actually work and not throw an error that it could not open the chunk. Avisynth was installed from the windows installer that pops the first time you open the excodingserver.exe

The "important to install" folder from the PD-Lite version download was done on my client yesterday during troubleshooting so I am not sure if that would also need to be done to an Atak version as well in addition to just merging the Tools folder, my best guess would be YES it would.
You 2 guys have been busy, and it sounds like between the 2 of you, you have sorted it out, and had some success

I was pretty confident that Ryushin would get to the bottom of this.

Sorry I couldn't chime in, as I was asleep (time difference).

Well done to you both
Old 2nd December 2022, 01:56   #19780  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Announcement about PD builds...

Hey guys,

Due to recent findings & problems with my builds, for some users (at least the users that inform me of problems, thanks mainly to rlev11), I will be pulling ALL my current builds, until further notice.

Thanks for your support

But don't forget this one, v1.26.3 (virgin) build :-

https://www.mediafire.com/file/c1rko...n%2529.7z/file

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 2nd December 2022 at 14:26.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360