Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th December 2022, 00:26   #10  |  Link
TDS
Formally known as .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher007 View Post
ok ive tried today with my laptop to use work hours and it still doesnt work. its obviously an issue with windows 10 and this feature.

it will always shutdown at the correct time but then never wakes.

i would like to get this working as i have a 4kwp solar array and electric is now £0.40 per kwh in the UK or $0.48 in US equivalent. so not small beans.
Come on cypher, I think it's time you gave up on this...

I have a 5.2kW solar array, and my power is approx $0.38 per kwh, but my "rule", if the solar isn't generating enough power so I can encode for "free", I don't do any, and with the weather in my area being really crappy for months & months, I don't get much done , and time's running out.

I would think that if there were other users that use this function, you would have had some replies, but in my way of thinking, as you haven't, no body uses it !!!!

If Atak would explain what it does to encodes in progress, then it's probably not a really economical process, as you would be losing encodes, everytime it shuts down !!!

As rlev11 suggested, maybe you should set up a Windows Task to shut down & wake up the laptop, but then that wouldn't restart the interrupted encode, would it

RipBot264 modded builds..
TDS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360