Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th January 2016, 18:28   #2481  |  Link
clsid

The highlights are also working with EVR-CP in latest nightly. So, yes, it must be a bug in EVR Sync.
Old 13th January 2016, 03:32   #2482  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
For no more than two day exactly. By "so slowly" you mean what? We had LAV update on Friday which was merely 4 days ago. We don't want and will not incorporate changes few minutes after they appear. Because everyone make mistakes and little buffer between incorporating new LAV into MPC-HC is to avoid importing possible bugs, which are likely to be fixed soon after. Furthermore we will not generate MPC-HC nightly only because LAV Filters had a change. This is not how it works. LAV Filters are and will be updated in batches. In fact this is already an exception that thirdparty library is used in non-stable version.

Also I'm tired of people ranting about random things for no apparent reason without actually trying to help or contribute anything to make the project better. We will not respond to hostile comments.
First of all, NIGHTLY is the meaning of NON-stable, instead of NON-up-to-date in every days/nights. All testers know nightly is meaning of NEWEST.
"So slow" is said because whole last year, NIGHTLY builds had became MONTHLY builds. NIGHTLY published at least by half a month.

Last edited by nijiko; 13th January 2016 at 04:47. Reason: Fix slip of pen
nijiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 04:21   #2483  |  Link
Nullack

Im not gunna comment on MPC-HC vs MPC-BE theyre both cool projects, but I will say if nightly builds are important to you nijiko then MPC-BE have a good setup for nightly builds and they even digitally sign their nightly binaries too.
Nullack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 04:56   #2484  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullack View Post
Im not gunna comment on MPC-HC vs MPC-BE theyre both cool projects, but I will say if nightly builds are important to you nijiko then MPC-BE have a good setup for nightly builds and they even digitally sign their nightly binaries too.
Maybe you haven't seen. Ever, mpc-hc's nightly were built nightly on such xvidvideo.ru, xhmikosr's site and etc. But later, it was being cool as you see.
nijiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 10:39   #2485  |  Link
rock

hi, I have problem when try creating a new ticket on trac, "Submission rejected as potential spam" and then "Trac thinks your submission might be Spam. To prove otherwise please provide a response to the following." I wait for captcha but doesn't show anything.

edit:
(wanted to post this)
ISR: subtitle doesn't move to bottom when using madVR

my video res 832x352, play on my desktop resolution 1366x768

using madVR with zoom control -> move subtitles -> to bottom of screen /window enabled

using ISR (MPC-HC latest nightly) : http://i.imgur.com/MI0OAO9.jpg
using XySubFilter (latest beta) : http://i.imgur.com/eNbGuT7.jpg

if more info needed, let me know. thanks

Last edited by rock; 13th January 2016 at 10:48.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 14:16   #2486  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
System Requirements

An SSE capable CPU
Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 32-bit/64-bit
Quote:
- Requires Windows Vista or newer
Might also want to give link for final version supporting XP.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 16:56   #2487  |  Link
clsid

MPC-HC still works on XP. The Vista requirement is only for certain optional functionality such as WASAPI output of the internal audio renderer.
Old 13th January 2016, 17:22   #2488  |  Link
vBm
MPC-HC Helper xD

@StainlessS: It's clearly stated where that requirement is present. @clsid already explained it.

Quote:
* Completely new Internal Audio Renderer:
- Requires Windows Vista or newer
* means new item and - means new subitem

Once and IF XP support gets dropped, everyone will be notified via our website. We might even create new branch that will remain there for archive purposes, just like we have the legacy one.

Last edited by vBm; 13th January 2016 at 17:25.
vBm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 17:34   #2489  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

OK, I stand corrected, many thanks for your continued support.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 17:34   #2490  |  Link
GCRaistlin

YADIF deinterlacing is the only way to get progressive video from natively interlaced sources in a number of cases. On the other hand, with telecined sources it gives worse results than madVR's film mode. So it would be nice to have a way to enable YADIF deinterlacing for the current MPC-HC session via command line switch.

Magically yours
Raistlin
GCRaistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 20:19   #2491  |  Link
Jeff R 1

Forced Subtitle Problem

The forced French subtitles in the Blu-ray movie "The Walk" are not displayed even though "Forced Subtitles (eng) (auto)" has been ticked.
There are two other subtitle choices in English (pgs)
Choosing either one of those will bring up subtitles, but now they are displayed all the time, even when they are speaking English.
Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing so I can get just the forced English subtitle track ?
Most of the time I can get only the English forced track, but the odd movie (like this one), the subs show up all the time no matter what track I choose.
I'm not sure what info to give, but I'll begin with these two screen shots.
Thanks !

Last edited by Jeff R 1; 16th January 2016 at 20:27.
Jeff R 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 20:32   #2492  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Go Play->Filters->LAV Splitter and tick "Deliver only forced subtitles". Then try both tracks again. You may need to deactivate that option again for other movies.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 22:53   #2493  |  Link
Jeff R 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Go Play->Filters->LAV Splitter and tick "Deliver only forced subtitles". Then try both tracks again. You may need to deactivate that option again for other movies.
Hey, great stuff, that worked !
Much appreciated, thank you !
With UHD Blu-ray just around the corner, I'm hoping to use MPC-HC for that.
My Sony 4K projector has no frame interpolation at 4K, so I have to use the computer.
This assumes that there will be a reader that can deal with UHD Blu-ray and that James over at Sly Soft can get around AACS 2 so a free player can be used.

Last edited by Jeff R 1; 16th January 2016 at 22:57.
Old 16th January 2016, 23:16   #2494  |  Link
Nullack

Sadly, until full bluray menu support is added to FOSS players, forced subtitles will always be hit and miss because in some cases it relies on the menu data for forced subs. Its good in this case you've fixed it, but it wont always work out that way.

MPC-BE/HC along with lav filters and madVR works really well with MAIN 10 HEVC full hardware acceleration at 127 Mbps even at 60 FPS in IHD 4K, so thats ready for UHD Bluray. HDR is kinda an evolving thing and having the right display is a big part of that.
Old 17th January 2016, 00:26   #2495  |  Link
ParkerLewis

when to downmix ?

Hi all,

Long time fan and user of MPC-HC here.

My audio setup is a simple 2.1 plugged on the jack output of my motherboard integrated sound chipset (standard HD Realtek, MB is an Asus Z97-A). Everything has been perfect for years as-is.

Among a few hundred mkvs with DTS/DTS-HD/etc, I have a few rare ones with DTS-ES audio. They all used to play fine.

However, I have noticed that now DTS-ES audio isn't played properly (mainly voices are missing / very low), which sounds like a downmixing issue. And indeed, I do know a way to fix this : I just have to activate downmixing to stereo in MPC-HC's audio decoder options. Yet I don't know if this is ideal and more importantly doesn't explain why I am suddenly needing to select this option.
Facts are :

- up til now, I never needed to activate this option (thus leaving the downmixing to the integrated chipset and/or its driver), and my audio setup always did the job (even with DTS-ES files). I can't say for sure when/what caused the downmixing not to work anymore for DTS-ES files, as this is not a very common format thus I am quite rarely playing such a file. I can only hint that I just recently upgraded my Win7 Pro 64bits to Win10 Pro 64bits, but this also totally might not be related and maybe simply started to happen the last time I updated MPC-HC (or one of the previous times : it very well may have been a year since I last played such a file before today).

- so I have now activated audio downmixing to stereo inside MPC-HC as this is the solution I've found to make DTS-ES play correctly.

(- just in case / for the record, VLC plays these files totally fine)

And my questions :

- do you have any idea what could have caused this change (from playing DTS-ES files correctly to, well, not) ?

- is there any other way to correct this ?

- is downmixing by MPC-HC the best way to go (quality-wise), or should I revert to letting my chipset/driver do the job (DTS-ES files excepted of course) ?

I am running MPC-HC (64-bit) 1.7.10 (d911f14) which should be the latest stable release at time of writing.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Last edited by ParkerLewis; 17th January 2016 at 00:42.
ParkerLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 00:56   #2496  |  Link
Nullack

I wouldve thought youd be better off getting the audio out through HDMI on your PC but anyway

As to who does the downmixing to make it 2.1 for your setup, well you have options in the chain as to where that happens. Personally I downmix within LAV filters via the audio configuration GUI for LAV. Id just set it via lav audio to downmix to stereo including a LFE and dont mix stereo sources, with clipping protection on. Should be fine and has been for me. If not, disable the MPC-HC internal fav filters and try the currently nightly LAV filters build as external filters. Ive ran nightly lav filters for sometime without much problem at all, its pretty robust.
Old 17th January 2016, 02:50   #2497  |  Link
Jeff R 1

Quote:
Sadly, until full bluray menu support is added to FOSS players, forced subtitles will always be hit and miss because in some cases it relies on the menu data for forced subs. Its good in this case you've fixed it, but it wont always work out that way.

MPC-BE/HC along with lav filters and madVR works really well with MAIN 10 HEVC full hardware acceleration at 127 Mbps even at 60 FPS in IHD 4K, so thats ready for UHD Bluray. HDR is kinda an evolving thing and having the right display is a big part of that.
Yeah, but I've always been able to have forced subtitles.
You're right though, it can be a big guessing game as to which sub track is the forced one _ sometime MPC/LAV gets it right and some times not.
And like this movie, as well as a few others, forced subs are in with the English track and I find that very annoying, so hopefully the fix works all the time.
Old 17th January 2016, 09:29   #2498  |  Link
ParkerLewis

Quote:
I wouldve thought youd be better off getting the audio out through HDMI on your PC but anyway
Why ?

Also that doesn't make sense. My HDMI goes to my screens, only one of which is audio equipped (because it happens to be a TV that I never use for anything else than PC display). Are you saying I should plug my 2.1 to the TV instead ?

Quote:
As to who does the downmixing to make it 2.1 for your setup, well you have options in the chain as to where that happens. Personally I downmix within LAV filters via the audio configuration GUI for LAV. Id just set it via lav audio to downmix to stereo including a LFE and dont mix stereo sources, with clipping protection on. Should be fine and has been for me. If not, disable the MPC-HC internal fav filters and try the currently nightly LAV filters build as external filters. Ive ran nightly lav filters for sometime without much problem at all, its pretty robust.
I feel like there's a misunderstanding somewhere because I did say I was perfectly aware I could do the downmixing anywhere .

I just want to know if there are any pitfalls doing it one way or another (if you have no idea that's totally fine, but that's what I want to know, and why I am posting here). So if anyone has informed knwoledge in this area...
Old 17th January 2016, 09:52   #2499  |  Link
Nullack

Generally hdmi passthrough is optimal because it preserves the digital signal to be decoded by better quality digital to audio dacs and other parts of the electronics for higher fidelity. Also hdmi has the bandwidth to carry dts hd ma and Dolby true hd amongst other formats which other digital audio connectors cant do such as tos link. Generally using the onboard audio from the morherboard with its crappy dacs and signal path to then feed analogue audio to amps results in poor sound. I still use downmixing though because my current dac cant do some of the higher end formats so in those cases I need to convert it.
Old 17th January 2016, 10:10   #2500  |  Link
ParkerLewis

OK, but this HDMI generality does not apply to me. My setup is this : PC -> 2.1 through MB chipset jacks. There is no HDMI here, and my 2.1 is from the last century (literally ).

Still interested :

- on whether LAV downmixing is preferrable to letting the audio chipset and drivers do it.
- on what could have caused my setup to stop downmixing DTS-ES correctly, if anyone has an idea.

Tags
dxva, media player classic, mpc, mpc-hc