Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Closed Thread

Old 27th January 2008, 03:22   #481  |  Link
allouh

thanks
Old 27th January 2008, 10:09   #482  |  Link
rickardk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickardk View Post
Yes, does not work with Ratatouille or Revolver. Not tried with Million Dollar Baby yet.

Even if I don't rewrite the timestamps the rainbow frames are introduced when just running thoose titles through mkvmerge
Add War [Blu-ray] to that list...
Old 27th January 2008, 13:14   #483  |  Link
tjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joniii View Post
Something I just noticed, dunno if it's a bug or what. I demuxed MPEG-4 part 10 ES from Basic Instinct Blu-ray. Demuxed .avc plays fine itself but when I add it into .mkv it takes alot longer for wmp11 to load that .mkv comparing to other backups. When I seek it also takes forever for playback to start again. Also rainbow frames alot. If I mux that .avc into TS, everything works fine.
Same problem with Harsh Times. Demuxed mkv (created with ea3to) file plays fine, but once I add audio (FLAC), subtitles and chapters, it takes forever to open. I used Jan 15 beta of MKVMergeGUI. I have uploaded a sample here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/86999542...s-001.mkv.html
Old 27th January 2008, 19:41   #484  |  Link
Joniii

I muxed that h264 stream into avi with dts and I got no problems then. So maybe temporary solution to make these problematic titles work with mkv would be to first mux h264 into avi with AVC2AVI Mod (like VC1CONV with VC-1 does).
Old 3rd February 2008, 03:26   #485  |  Link
Unearthly
Encoder in Training

Right now MKVMerge can use video from a 'Fake AVI' made by makeavis, but not audio. Would it be possible to add the ability to mux this audio into an mkv as well?
Old 17th February 2008, 20:30   #486  |  Link
Isochroma

I've been merging some AVC MP4 files. It complains about the CTTS atom being missing, and that I should check the resulting file to make sure playback is ok.

This warning is useful, but since I attach a timecodes file to the video track, it's not necessary. So could the warning be suppressed when a timecodes file is attached to the video track?
Old 21st February 2008, 05:49   #487  |  Link
zeropc

i guess mkvtoolnix for mac os x has been terminated

for months we haven't seen a new release.
Old 5th March 2008, 17:34   #488  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Hello users and package maintainers,

I've released a new version of MKVToolNix, v2.2.0. It contains major bug fixes (a lot of crashes with should be gone) and a couple of new features.

Here are the usual links to the most interesting downloads:

The source code:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/sources/ mkvtoolnix-2.2.0.tar.bz2

The binaries for Windows 2000, XP or newer:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv....2.0-setup.exe

The program home page:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/index.html

Binaries for a couple of Linux distributions are available from the home page. The users of Debian and Ubuntu that use my Apt repositories should note that I've renamed my package to match the official package names in Debian and Ubuntu. You can get this release of MKVToolNix with "apt-get install mkvtoolnix mkvtoolnix-gui".

As always I'll finish with the ChangeLog between the previous release 2.1.0 and this release.

Have fun

Regards,
Mosu

-----------------------------------------
2008-03-04 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* Released v2.2.0.

2008-02-29 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for handling AC3 in WAV in ACM mode.

2008-02-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for reading AC3 from QuickTime/MP4 files. Fix for bug 254.

2008-02-27 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for handling AC3 in WAV in IEC 61937 compatible streams (aka SPDIF mode).
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for WAV files with multiple data chunks.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed a cause for the error message "no data chunk found" by fixing the skipping of 'fmt ' chunks.

2008-02-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for AAC-in-AVI with CodecID 0x706d as created by mencoder. Fix for bug 266.

2008-02-20 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Rewrote the OGM reader code. Another part of a fix for bug 267.

2007-12-31 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Rewrote the timecode application code. Additionally force the "previous cluster timecodes" that libmatroska uses to the current timecode. This seems to get rid of libmatroska's assertions about the local timecode being to small/big to fit into an int16. It also seems to get rid of some of mkvmerge's errors about the packet queue not being empty, and it fixes a couple of crashes with file splitting.

2007-12-22 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: OGM files with non-Theora video tracks caused mkvmerge to fail since 2.1.0, or the resulting file was unplayable. Fix for bug 267.

2007-10-11 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Accept other Theora header versions than 3.2.0 as long as the major version is 3 and the minor 2. Fix for bug 262.

2007-09-02 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: MPEG PS reader: Fixed the resyncing mechanism during normal reads. Another fix for bug 259.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: MPEG PS reader: mkvmerge tries to resync to the next MPEG start code in case of error during stream detection. Fix for bug 259.

2007-08-31 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: SVQ1 video tracks read from QuickTime files are output as V_MS/VFW/FOURCC tracks and not as V_QUICKTIME tracks. Fix for bug 257.

2007-08-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* avilib: bug fix: Fixed a segmentation fault if reading the first part of an index failed but a second/other index part is present. Fix for bug 256.

2007-08-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: SRT files that contain coordinates in the timecode line are supported. The coordinates are discarded automatically (as S_TEXT/SRT doesn't support them), and a warning is shown.
-----------------------------------------

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Old 5th March 2008, 17:40   #489  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Thank you...
Old 5th March 2008, 21:41   #490  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiàn

Thank you very much!
Old 5th March 2008, 22:07   #491  |  Link
microchip8
ffx264/ffhevc author

Great work!!! Many thanks
Old 10th March 2008, 14:13   #492  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...20080310-1.rar

Quote:
2008-03-09 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for skipping ID3 tags in AAC and AC3 files. Fix for bug 204.
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for DTS-HD (both "master audio" and "high resolution").
Maybe some of you would like to test DTS-HD support. I'd appreciate it.

Old 10th March 2008, 14:59   #493  |  Link
delacroixp
Emperor building empire

@ Mosu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
Hello users and package maintainers,

I've released a new version of MKVToolNix, v2.2.0. It contains major bug fixes (a lot of crashes which should be gone) and a couple of new features.
much !!!

Pascal

ps
Any news about menu tools for MKV ???
Old 10th March 2008, 15:44   #494  |  Link
nautilus7

Thanks very much for DTS-HD support!

EDIT: What is the extension to use for dts-hd files? When i open a dts-hd file (using .dtshd extension) it is shown as dts only. Is this ok?

Last edited by nautilus7; 10th March 2008 at 16:39.
Old 10th March 2008, 22:52   #495  |  Link
menlvd

waiting update haali spliter for support DTS-HD
Old 10th March 2008, 23:08   #496  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

At the moment mkvmerge uses the normal A_DTS codec ID for DTS-HD. So I can already play such files on Windows, but I'd guess that the non-core part is dropped before decoding... But I don't know enough about the usual Windows decoders/filters to be sure (it's Haali -> ffdshow for me).

Old 10th March 2008, 23:44   #497  |  Link
menlvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
At the moment mkvmerge uses the normal A_DTS codec ID for DTS-HD. So I can already play such files on Windows, but I'd guess that the non-core part is dropped before decoding... But I don't know enough about the usual Windows decoders/filters to be sure (it's Haali -> ffdshow for me).
at this time playing only core
Old 11th March 2008, 01:05   #498  |  Link
nautilus7

So, does this mean that ID will be changed to DTS-HD when haali is updated?

I muxed a dts-hd master audio track and haali reported variable bitrate for the track (diagram). Is there a chance that the hd extensions are passed to the decoder from haali?

How do i set sonic audio decoder to be used and not the mpc-hc's internal decoder? I know, it's not the proper section to ask...

Last edited by nautilus7; 11th March 2008 at 12:41.
Old 11th March 2008, 09:50   #499  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

IMO it's correct to mux the DTS-HD track under the DTS codec ID cause all DTS-HD "capable" decoders expect this codec ID for DTS-HD streams, too. DTS-HD "capable" decoders are Nero and Sonic. Nero understands DTS-HD and shows the correct name (e.g. "DTS-HD Master Audio") but then only decodes the core. Sonic decodes the full DTS-HD information.

Haali's Media Splitter intentionally only outputs the DTS core when splitting EVO and m2ts files. But I'm not sure what Haali's splitter does with MKV files. I think there's a chance that Haali will not cut the DTS-HD packets away when an MKV is properly muxed with the DTS-HD packets in it. But I've not had a chance to test that yet. You can test it yourself by doing this in graphedit:

MKV -> Haali Media Splitter -> Nero Audio Decoder 2

Note that the MKV must be muxed with the latest mkvtoolnix version and the Nero Audio Decoder must be from Nero 7 (Nero 8 won't work) and graphedit.exe must be renamed to recode.exe.

You can then in graphedit check (Nero Decoder properties) whether Nero reports "DTS-HD Master Audio" or "DTS-HD High Resolution". If it does, then Haali doesn't throw the DTS-HD packets away from MKV files.

P.S: Of course you could also simply do "MKV -> Haali Media Splitter -> Dump" and compare the file size of the dumped DTS-HD track to the original demuxed one.
Old 11th March 2008, 16:42   #500  |  Link
menlvd

madshi

luck with mkv/mka container
not luck with ts/m2ts container
we want that ts/m2ts container support too by haali splitter, any chance?

Last edited by menlvd; 11th March 2008 at 17:43.
Closed Thread