Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 29th July 2020, 07:17   #1  |  Link
YaBoyShredderson

Staxrip producing 2 files?

Im doing some testing on small 1gb files split from 4k blurays so i can see what settings work for me, but when finished, there are 2 files. The files are called "name"_new.mkv and "name"_new.mkv_HDR10.mkv. as far as i can tell, theyre the same, same size, but media info has some slightly different information.

Media info has the same information for the hdr 10 file as the other file, but has some extra. The mastering display luminance, max cll and max fall have changed, with an additional line underneath, the masting display luminance original, max cll original, and max fall original.

So whats going on? Which files is the correct one? This didnt happen before but i didnt do any extensive testing, just fiddling with the settings trying to understand the gui. When i started my testing, i checked the HDR Ingest box, thinking i need this to retain HDR, maybe this caused it?
YaBoyShredderson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
files, hdr, mediainfo, settings, staxrip