Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > Forum / Site Suggestions & Help

Old 2nd March 2009, 08:42   #21  |  Link
stellargellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru1968 View Post
just to prevent any mis-interpretation:

my post was in no way ment discriminating!!!

I only wanted to say, that if english-spelling is sometimes hard even for native speakers/writers, how hard could this be for foreigners...

For me as a non-native speakers I do my best to make my sentences understandable; if I don't know the spelling of a certain word I could a) look it up in a dictionary, or b) describe it using simpler words!
What is the sense in perfekt high-educated sentences, if most of the readers had to search most of the vocabulary in their dictionairies?

I appreciate the use of this tool! I only wish in some german forums, that their users also use tools like this / Oh boys, It's sometimes more a guess 'what is it? what could he have ment by these fractals of words?'
This really takes the fun out of reading the posts...
Sometimes it's spelling impaired -- but of course not always, sometimes its a crap keyboard with not-responding keys, sometimes its a fast-as-hell typer, faster than the keyboard reacts...

just my few words

gr33tz,
guru
i know some friends who type wayyy too fast that their words are practically gibberish. i'm also not a native-speaker, and also take no offense in what you said. but thanks for clarifying it. hopefully, a lot of people would be mindful about spelling their words correctly not solely for grammatical purposes, but also for the sake of those reading the posts.
stellargellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:12   #22  |  Link
delacroixp
Emperor building empire

@ stellargellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellargellar View Post
i know some friends who type wayyy too fast that their words are practically gibberish.
i'm also not a native-speaker, and also take no offense in what you said. but thanks for clarifying it. hopefully, a lot of people would be mindful about spelling their words correctly not solely for grammatical purposes, but also for the sake of those reading the posts.
Communication is key !

We all strive to communicate better ... your very presence on these or any forums, implies an act of communication.
Everyone has problems with spelling, grammer or intent ... be it in German, Swahili or Chinese ... even Shakespeare who had 3 times the average vocabulary and created 9,000 new words.

The internet has created a global village with the need for a common or universal language.

It's all good

Pascal
Old 17th March 2011, 16:52   #23  |  Link
ramicio
Banned

The internet has created a global village of idiots who don't care about proper language usage.
ramicio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 18:53   #24  |  Link
yetanotherid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
The internet has created a global village of idiots who don't care about proper language usage.
Do you mean "a global village of idiots who don't care about the proper use of language"?
yetanotherid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 19:00   #25  |  Link
ramicio
Banned

No, I don't. My sentence isn't incorrect.
Old 17th March 2011, 20:16   #26  |  Link
yetanotherid
Banned

You have no sense of humour....

Last edited by yetanotherid; 17th March 2011 at 20:34.
yetanotherid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 20:18   #27  |  Link
ramicio
Banned

That's correct
Old 17th March 2011, 20:28   #28  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
Wrong. The Internet didn't create that, the Internet just made it more evident.
Midzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 22:14   #29  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

According to some researchers all a wrod needs to be corerct in the hmuan mnid are two basic elmeents. They are of cuorse the bgeining and end msut be the same as they appaer in corerct spelling. The mind has a spell check built in that translates the garble into actual words.

I found that to be neat.
Old 25th March 2011, 18:27   #30  |  Link
ramicio
Banned

I wonder if it works in all languages.
Old 26th March 2011, 06:13   #31  |  Link
aegisofrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax_Undone View Post
According to some researchers all a wrod needs to be corerct in the hmuan mnid are two basic elmeents. They are of cuorse the bgeining and end msut be the same as they appaer in corerct spelling. The mind has a spell check built in that translates the garble into actual words.

I found that to be neat.
Be that as it may, I really don't want to see a future full of Justin Bieber fans all typing like that.
aegisofrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2012, 21:19   #32  |  Link
Wasted_Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax_Undone View Post

I found that to be neat.
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delacroixp View Post
Communication is key !

We all strive to communicate better ... your very presence on these or any forums, implies an act of communication.
Everyone has problems with spelling, grammer or intent ... be it in German, Swahili or Chinese ... even Shakespeare who had 3 times the average vocabulary and created 9,000 new words.

The internet has created a global village with the need for a common or universal language.

It's all good

Pascal
Good to see some other SA fans!

My native language is Afrikaans! I would also recommend WordWeb, been my quick-spell-checker for a few years now!
Wasted_Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2017, 10:31   #33  |  Link
birdie
Artem S. Tashkinov

Native speakers struggle to properly use "it's" and "its", so, sorry, but foreigners nowadays spell English better than native English speakers.

Unfortunately spell checkers don't help with this issue.

Also I'm curious as to why people are reluctant to use web browsers which have spelling built in (pretty much all of them except IE).
birdie is offline   Reply With Quote