Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Closed Thread

Old 10th February 2007, 13:03   #121  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomos View Post
Hi,

I'm wondering if there is any way to get mkvmerge to see DD+ audio tracks correctly? At the moment, it sees them as video tracks for some reason.
What is DD+? Modified AC3 from HD DVDs or something like this?

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Old 10th February 2007, 13:18   #122  |  Link
tomos

as far as i know, yes. - well, demuxed from hd-dvds
Old 10th February 2007, 13:46   #123  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
What is DD+? Modified AC3 from HD DVDs or something like this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Digital_Plus
Old 10th February 2007, 23:47   #124  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@Mosu, just got a bunch of lines like this:

Quote:
Warning: pr_generic.cpp/generic_packetizer_c::add_packet(): timecode < last_timecode (00:00:00.934 < 00:00:00.984) for 1 of 'D:\Honey.mkv'. This should not have happened. Please contact the author [...] with this error/warning message, a description of what you were trying to do, the command line used and which operating system you are using. Thank you.
Here's the command line:

Quote:
"mkvmerge" -o "D:\Honey new.mkv" --language 1:eng --default-track 1:yes --display-dimensions 1:1920x1080 -d 1 -A -S "D:\Honey.mkv" --track-order 0:1
Originally I wanted to replace the one and only english AC3 audio track in Honey.mkv with a new one. But I can reproduce the problem just with taking the Honey.mkv and muxing the video only into another mkv. The video is MPEG2. The mkv was created by converting a TS file through Haali's Media Splitter + Matroska Muxer.
Old 11th February 2007, 00:52   #125  |  Link
Eragon4ever
lost program in the net

Looks like the message I get when I try to remux a mkv created with "--engage native_mpeg4" enabled. (see page 5)
Old 18th February 2007, 05:59   #126  |  Link
har-vas
Devotee of GordianKnot

Hello all. I would like to ask for/propose some features regarding mkvmerge.
1. I like very much the (very flexible) Chapter Editor and I am using it, but I think that it would be great if it had the possibility to directly import chapters from an IFO file (like it does from .mkv files). Now I am using the well-known (and abandoned?) ChapterXtractor for that purpose and then import the .txt file in Chapter Editor. So is it possible to directly import chapters from a DVD in Chapter Editor? Is this feature in author's plans for the future?
2. What about a Tag Editor? I imagine a new tab in mmg with a list of all the official tag names (maybe in groups), so that you have just to select a tag, enter the value for it, then select another tag (either as a child of the previous or in the same level with it), enter the value for it etc. Also a syntax check function would be necessary (to verify integrity). Now I have to edit manually a text file to handle my tags...
3. Also I would like to be restored the "allow_avc_in_vfw_mode" hack, but this is something that the author has ruled out. Personally, I am using many mkv files with x264 VfW video streams (created by GordianKnot 0.35), mainly TV captures, which finally I load in VirtualDubMod to throw out ads or to isolate a small part of the video. I was very disappointed when I saw that this feature went away in MKVtoolnix 2.0. I respect the developer's decision (who always knows what is better of course), but as an end-user I would like to receive an explanation. Why an optional program's feature, which someone could freely decide to use, went away? Was it so bad feature, a source of other problems maybe? Or was just a tactical decision to stop even the last support for x264 VfW?
4. Anyway, is there any alternative solution for easy post-editing native x264 streams stored in matroska? Thanks.
Old 18th February 2007, 20:21   #127  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

Arg, still no H.264 MBAFF support? :/
Old 18th February 2007, 20:34   #128  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

What is h.264 MBAFF?

Old 18th February 2007, 20:56   #129  |  Link
ExarKun634

Quote:
What is h.264 MBAFF?
Man, you just aren't up on your HDTV terms, are you? (Just kidding)

Apparently, it stands for MacroBlock-level Adaptive Frame/Field, and it referes to a method of coding interlaced MPEG4AVC/H264 content.

It's of importance right now, because it is how BBC-HD is broadcasting their MPEG4AVC/H264 content.
Old 18th February 2007, 21:07   #130  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExarKun634 View Post
Man, you just aren't up on your HDTV terms, are you? (Just kidding)
I don't have HDTV capable equipment and will not have for quite some time. Therefore I'm not really interested in it, hence I don't know these terms.

Quote:
Apparently, it stands for MacroBlock-level Adaptive Frame/Field, and it referes to a method of coding interlaced MPEG4AVC/H264 content.

It's of importance right now, because it is how BBC-HD is broadcasting their MPEG4AVC/H264 content.
Sample files? How is storage different from normal h264? How can I recognize what type of stream it is? Can mp4box handle them correctly?

Old 18th February 2007, 21:16   #131  |  Link
Borbus

You can get a sample of BBC-HD from here: http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/23058/BBC_HD1.ts

It was posted by another doom9 user a while ago.

There are more in this thread: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=115667
Old 18th February 2007, 21:33   #132  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Transport streams are not supported. Only elementary streams. Any way to get the ES from the TS?

Old 18th February 2007, 21:46   #133  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Transport streams are not supported. Only elementary streams. Any way to get the ES from the TS?
Sure. There are several ways. E.g. by using GraphEdit (Elecard Demuxer -> Dump) or by using mplayer with command line commands. Or by using Haali's Media Splitter + Haali's Matroska Muxer + mkvExtract.
Old 18th February 2007, 21:51   #134  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

Yup LOL i gave all those samples.....and you are like what are they?

It also seems haali dsmux (and so h264tsto) have problems with BIG files...... i am not a coder so i should not complain, but i am dutch so i will:

Its pathetic big files are still an issue today :/

mkv still SUCKS on MAC..... progress is really crappy....... i wish i never learned about all this HD stuff

Ok thanks for the replies!
Old 20th February 2007, 15:41   #135  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by har-vas View Post
Hello all. I would like to ask for/propose some features regarding mkvmerge.
1. I like very much the (very flexible) Chapter Editor and I am using it, but I think that it would be great if it had the possibility to directly import chapters from an IFO file (like it does from .mkv files). Now I am using the well-known (and abandoned?) ChapterXtractor for that purpose and then import the .txt file in Chapter Editor. So is it possible to directly import chapters from a DVD in Chapter Editor? Is this feature in author's plans for the future?
I'll probably implement this. I already have code which uses libdvdread and retrieves the chapters; it's "just" a matter of integrating into mmg.

Quote:
2. What about a Tag Editor?
No. Not enough time.

Quote:
3. Also I would like to be restored the "allow_avc_in_vfw_mode" hack, but this is something that the author has ruled out. Personally, I am using many mkv files with x264 VfW video streams (created by GordianKnot 0.35), mainly TV captures, which finally I load in VirtualDubMod to throw out ads or to isolate a small part of the video. I was very disappointed when I saw that this feature went away in MKVtoolnix 2.0. I respect the developer's decision (who always knows what is better of course), but as an end-user I would like to receive an explanation. Why an optional program's feature, which someone could freely decide to use, went away? Was it so bad feature, a source of other problems maybe? Or was just a tactical decision to stop even the last support for x264 VfW?
I've re-added this feature.

Old 20th February 2007, 15:52   #136  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Thanks. There will be no support for DD+ for the time being because a) I cannot find any specs, b) I don't have any means of playing back such a file (neither hardware nor software).

Old 21st February 2007, 14:47   #137  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

mkvtoolnix 2.0.2 released

Hey users,

here's mkvtoolnix 2.0.2. A couple of bug fixes, especially in the h.264, some minor new features is about all. If you compile it yourself make sure to get libmatroska 0.8.1 which this release depends upon from http://dl.matroska.org/downloads/libmatroska/

The usual links...
...to the home page:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/
...the source code:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...-2.0.2.tar.bz2
...the Windows Unicode enabled binaries:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv....0.2-setup.exe

More binaries for Linux and other OS are available from the home page.

Here's the ChangeLog since 2.0.0:

-----------------------------------------------------------
2007-02-21 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* Released v2.0.2.

2007-02-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: Reintroduced the "--engage allow_avc_in_vfw_mode" hack.

2007-02-06 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed suppoert for DTS-in-WAV files which are encoded with 14 bits per word.

2007-02-03 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: Added support for DTS files which use only 14 out of every 16 bits and which are not stored inside a WAV file.

2007-01-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mmg: Changed the default for the "NALU size length" to "4" and added a warning if "3" is used.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: File type detection for Qt/MP4 files which start with a "wide" atom has been fixed.
* mmg: bug fix: The "NALU size length" drop down box is now also enabled for h.264 tracks read from AVIs and for h.264 tracks stored in "VfW compatibility mode" in Matroska files.

2007-01-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mmg: new feature: Extended the option "--default-track" so that it can be forced to "off" allowing the user to create a file for which no track has its "default" flag set. Fix for bug #224.

2007-01-17 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed the wrong "default duration" if the user used "--default-duration ...23.976fps".

2007-01-16 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The AVC/h.264 ES reader was losing frames if the file size was an exact multiple of 1048576 bytes.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The AVC/h.264 ES packetizer produced invalid CodecPrivate data if the AVCC did not contain the aspect ratio information. Fix for Bugzilla bug #225.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The Matroska reader passes the correct track number down to the AVC/h.264 ES packetizer in the case of "AVC in Matroska stored in VfW mode".
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed a crash (segmentation fault) in the AVC/h.264 ES handling code.

2007-01-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mkvextract, mkvinfo: new feature: Added support for using CodecState for signaling changes to CodecPrivate. It is used for MPEG-1/-2 video if it is turned on with "--engage use_codec_state".
-----------------------------------------------------------

Have fun.

Regards,
Mosu

Last edited by Mosu; 21st February 2007 at 15:27.
Old 21st February 2007, 15:14   #138  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Thanks!!
Old 21st February 2007, 16:50   #139  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

1: If you have muxed H.264 previously with nal 3, you open .mkv the nal box is greyed.... do i need to demux/remux to get it fixed or.... ?

2: H.264 MBAFF still not working right?
I get this:
Error: 'I64d' is not a valid file ID in '--track-order 0:I64d,1:I64d'.

cli: "mkvmerge" -o "G:\cap\pride.mkv" --default-duration 0:25fps -d 0 -A -S I:\cap\pride.h264 --sync 0:-698 -a 0 -D -S I:\cap\pride.ac3 --track-order 0:I64d,1:I64d

3:
Weird visual bugs also:

Last edited by bob0r; 21st February 2007 at 17:01.
Old 21st February 2007, 17:44   #140  |  Link
Yong

i dont have the visual bug,
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8...board01lt5.gif
im using vista transformation pack 6.0 in XP SP2.
Try change to other visual style and see if the problem still persist.
Closed Thread