Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 3rd May 2012, 14:52   #19461  |  Link
bozek

This may be already known, but I'm gonna say it anyway, just in case. Try watching harry potter ultimate Blu-ray Disc (double-click index.bdmv) and then jump to some extended scene and you'll see that the audio if completely off. Though I dont care as I never watch BDs in MPC-HC... just thought you might wanna know.

Btw, what is the status of the BE mod? The last time I visited this forum there was some talk about incorporating it in the main SVN so I'm assuming that didnt happen? And why arent there any new builds on xvidvideo.ru or is there another web where BE builds are published now?
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:18   #19462  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozek View Post
This may be already known, but I'm gonna say it anyway, just in case. Try watching harry potter ultimate Blu-ray Disc (double-click index.bdmv) and then jump to some extended scene and you'll see that the audio if completely off. Though I dont care as I never watch BDs in MPC-HC... just thought you might wanna know.

Btw, what is the status of the BE mod? The last time I visited this forum there was some talk about incorporating it in the main SVN so I'm assuming that didnt happen? And why arent there any new builds on xvidvideo.ru or is there another web where BE builds are published now?
Try this MPC-BE.0.1.0.72.x64.exe MPC-BE.0.1.0.72.x86
With this settings
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MPC-BE\Settings]
"ThemeBrightness"=dword:00000016
"ThemeRed"=dword:000000aa
"ThemeGreen"=dword:000000aa
"ThemeBlue"=dword:000000aa
"Toolbar clrFace(ABGR)"=dword:00000000
"Toolbar clrOutline(ABGR)"=dword:00808080
"LogoID2"=dword:000000d0

Last edited by Mercury_22; 3rd May 2012 at 16:30.
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:44   #19463  |  Link
Lord Maius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
Try this MPC-BE.0.1.0.72.x64.exe MPC-BE.0.1.0.72.x86
With this settings
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MPC-BE\Settings]
"ThemeBrightness"=dword:00000016
"ThemeRed"=dword:000000aa
"ThemeGreen"=dword:000000aa
"ThemeBlue"=dword:000000aa
"Toolbar clrFace(ABGR)"=dword:00000000
"Toolbar clrOutline(ABGR)"=dword:00808080
"LogoID2"=dword:000000d0

Is there an MPC BE official site?
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:49   #19464  |  Link
Kinjal
Light Alloy developer

>Is there an MPC BE official site?
Not yet. Wait until official MPC-BE alpha arrive. Also when it became publicly available, official Doom9 thread will be created.
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:50   #19465  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Maius View Post
Is there an MPC BE official site?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpcbe/
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:51   #19466  |  Link
Lord Maius

Ok,Thanks!
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:01   #19467  |  Link
Kinjal
Light Alloy developer

>https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpcbe/
It's actually not official web-site, we use SF just for "downloads center".
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:07   #19468  |  Link
JEEB
もこたんインしたお!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozek View Post
On the whole, I don't think the general way of "We will work with people to see if we can merge useful modifications." has changed at all regarding this.

As far as I have seen, there just were problems with getting up-to-date patchsets of the BE mod, and then the gotten user interface changeset usually was one big lump o' code when it came up to be reviewed. The general dislike of certain people towards the general discussion medium of choice for most of the developers certainly didn't make this easier. Then we get to the changes in the BE mod that were actually useful by fixing things and/or making things work better, and not related to the user interface changes. And, as far as I heard and as far I had seen, no available changesets (feel free to derp at me if this is incorrect).

Then, as of late, the developers of the BE modification, for various reasons of their own, decided to fork MPC-HC completely to be a separate project (MPC-BE). The positive thing about this is that we now should have access to their current source code, unlike earlier -- and actually have commits to look at instead of a single diff or a source code archive (of course the commit messages are in Russian, and this is a slight obstacle for people wanting to read changelogs, but still a positive change compared to what we used to have -- also the GUI stuff still seems to be more or less one big change or so).

One of the BE developers is an MPC-HC developer as well, and can put things up on the table on both the MPC-HC side as well as on the BE side. If, for whatever reason, this does not happen -- some MPC-HC developers do see the BE changelog, and if they find useful things, they can be backported. This is not perfect, but "better than nothing at all."

tl;dr: Not that much has changed in the end, although some people seem to be quite herping a derp about BE becoming a "project of its own" in certain ways.

And as a random almost-unrelated comment, if one thing -- I do dislike losing the general history of the project, which was already once lost when MPC was forked by Casimir to bring up MPC-HC, which pretty much stops one from going far enough in the 'blame' command of various revision control tools to see the origination of some change (although to be honest, this kind of information already gets lost with SVN when changes from branches get merged in one huge commit, and thus you have no idea why the change was made back then). This just happened to me some time ago, looking at a completely unused code path around the rendering code, and not having the originator of the code around any more.
Old 3rd May 2012, 18:05   #19469  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEB View Post
The positive thing about this is that we now should have access to their current source code(...)
But unfortunately we don't have access to their current source code Public SVN repository is at r72 and builds posted in this thread are r126, so obviously something is wrong here, 'open source' project should not be developed behind closed doors, don't you think?
Old 3rd May 2012, 18:25   #19470  |  Link
Kinjal
Light Alloy developer

kasper93:
Well, we have VirtualDub, which is also open-source project without public svn, but source code released every time new version become public available.
Old 3rd May 2012, 18:40   #19471  |  Link
JEEB
もこたんインしたお!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjal View Post
kasper93:
Well, we have VirtualDub, which is also open-source project without public svn, but source code released every time new version become public available.
Indeed, it is fine as long as the source code is available for binaries that are released (which is the case as you can see from the VirtualDub's download page). An open repository just makes it easier to note separate changes as well as provide that source code, which is why most open source projects also have public source code repositories .

What kasper seems to be mentioning is that we seemingly do not have access to the source code for a binary which seems to be a certain amount of revisions "further down the road" (for which the source code would normally be available from the project's source code repository).
Old 3rd May 2012, 18:41   #19472  |  Link
bozek

@Mercury_22: thx for the link! I'll keep an eye out on the Files section...

@JEEB: thx for the insight - really appreciated

Incidentally, if anyone was interested why I prefer the BE mod over the MPC-HC, then here's why (in reverse order of importance):

3. custom icons according to file-type
2. this setting
1. and last but not least, the GUI of course. mine looks like this...
Old 3rd May 2012, 23:11   #19473  |  Link
Anarchitektur

uh, this looks great

MPC-HC/BE with GUI, cant wait
Old 4th May 2012, 02:43   #19474  |  Link
nuhkka

is there a way you guys can move the sound button from the control bar to the status bar?

maybe add it to the left side of the playing time? also the filename beside the status?

Last edited by nuhkka; 4th May 2012 at 02:46.
Old 4th May 2012, 04:57   #19475  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuhkka View Post
is there a way you guys can move the sound button from the control bar to the status bar?

< SNIPP very-ugly DBZ pic >

maybe add it to the left side of the playing time? also the filename beside the status?
MPC-HC has a button bar already, so why not use it?
Old 4th May 2012, 12:40   #19476  |  Link
Lord Maius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchitektur View Post
uh, this looks great

MPC-HC/BE with GUI, cant wait
Amazing!!
Old 4th May 2012, 15:08   #19477  |  Link
cengizhan

I hope that this will not become mpc-hc. It is uglier than mpc-hc.
Old 4th May 2012, 15:16   #19478  |  Link
vBm
MPC-HC Helper xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cengizhan View Post
Amen brother xD
Old 4th May 2012, 16:13   #19479  |  Link
Anarchitektur

Quote:
Indeed, Mickey is much more uglier than before, skin is on the contrary, amazing

all things tweakable, u can not chose skin and default GUI is from win98, please...

Last edited by Anarchitektur; 4th May 2012 at 16:43. Reason: amassing to amazing, sorry for english
Old 4th May 2012, 16:20   #19480  |  Link
roytam1
Firefox User

Quote:
I just hope that they should remove the "C" in their name as it is not "Classic" anymore.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc