Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 13th April 2020, 07:03   #1  |  Link
PRAGMA

PD2V - A wrapper for dealing with scan, fields, VFR/CFR on MPEG sources

Released as part of pvsfunc

EDIT: This project has been reworked solely for MPEG-1/2 videos, and renamed to PD2V.

PD2V (class) is a convenience wrapper for loading MPEG-1/2 sources and dealing with scan, fields, deinterlacing, variable FPS, and such. Its unique feature is it can handle mixed scan-type videos. It will always return a progressive video, with the ability to convert VFR (variable frame rate) to CFR (constant frame rate) video. It's similar to a retail DVD player as it deinterlaces only if the frame is marked as interlaced, no metrics or guessing is involved.

Requirements:
- Python 3 (I recommend >= 3.8)
- DGIndex v1.5.8 or newer (please do not use D2VWitch e.t.c)
- MKVToolNix if you plan on using contained MPEG sources
- pvsfunc 3.1.1 or newer
- Optionally havsfunc for QTGMC (available on vsrepo for windows)

Last edited by PRAGMA; 14th March 2022 at 21:44.
PRAGMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2020, 02:32   #2  |  Link
sl1pkn07
Pajas Mentales...

windows centric is not cool
Old 14th April 2020, 04:36   #3  |  Link
PRAGMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl1pkn07 View Post
windows centric is not cool
? I actually use Linux lol
This is cross-os

Edit:
Fun fact, I use your amazing arch linux AUR repo's for VapourSynth stuff, and I appreciate them!
Old 15th April 2020, 13:45   #4  |  Link
sl1pkn07
Pajas Mentales...

what dgindex you use? through wine? or the modoki port (2010)
Old 15th April 2020, 17:00   #5  |  Link
PRAGMA

Quote:
what dgindex you use? through wine? or the modoki port (2010)
Wine v1.5.8
Old 15th April 2020, 22:53   #6  |  Link
sl1pkn07
Pajas Mentales...

thats why i mean is not cool xd

native is love, native is life

greethings and i'm glad you like my AUR (if you found a problem, please slaps me XD)
Old 15th April 2020, 23:15   #7  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Maybe with CPUs so fast now, so that the ASM stuff could be eschewed, DGIndex could be natively ported. It shouldn't be too hard.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2020, 09:59   #8  |  Link
PRAGMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
Maybe with CPUs so fast now, so that the ASM stuff could be eschewed, DGIndex could be natively ported. It shouldn't be too hard.
I'm having trouble getting it compiled on Visual Studio 2019, issues with the ASM files compiling causing problems it seems, it can't find NASM, though it can find MASM. Even if I take the BuildConfiguration files from VSNASM, they still have issues being compiled.

I pushed the DGIndex v1.5.8 (official) codebase to my GitHub as a mirror, with a ported readme in markdown. Feel free to try and upgrade it or make it compilable, the whole community could come together and get a nice port of this going.
Old 16th April 2020, 14:21   #9  |  Link
PRAGMA

Quote:
thats why i mean is not cool xd

native is love, native is life

greetings and I'm glad you like my AUR (if you found a problem, please slaps me XD)
Btw you can use this port if you wish, just understand the risks of it being inaccurate. D2VWitch I highly recommend to stay away from as it is definitely miles less accurate than DGIndex, way less configurability for my python script end too, so no way to even configure it to be more accurate.

Do note, that the script checks if the D2V was made by `DGIndexProjectFile16` which is v1.5.8 exactly, this is to make sure the script doesn't use outdated D2V files. If the port you want to use has good accuracy, and it's open-source, then link me to the source and download page and I can take a look and add a whitelist to its version magic if its different.
Old 16th April 2020, 15:24   #10  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAGMA View Post
I'm having trouble getting it compiled on Visual Studio 2019, issues with the ASM files compiling causing problems it seems, it can't find NASM, though it can find MASM. Even if I take the BuildConfiguration files from VSNASM, they still have issues being compiled.

I pushed the DGIndex v1.5.8 (official) codebase to my GitHub as a mirror, with a ported readme in markdown. Feel free to try and upgrade it or make it compilable, the whole community could come together and get a nice port of this going.
Looks like you just need NASM. I'd be happy to supply you with NASM or anything else you need. I can even send you a full VS 2019 project that builds fine. Send PM with email address and I'll get you everything right away.

Last edited by videoh; 16th April 2020 at 15:46.
Old 16th April 2020, 15:45   #11  |  Link
DJATOM

There is also https://github.com/ShiftMediaProject/VSNASM, just plug-in into VS2019 and it should work. At least it worked with VS2017 in the past.
Old 17th April 2020, 13:05   #12  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Here is DGMPGDec built with VS 2019 and including a Tools directory containing the assemblers you need. The project correctly references the Tools directory so things build right out of the box. Enjoy.

http://rationalqm.us/dgmpgdec/DGMPGDec_VS2019.rar

EDIT: Temporarily removed from site to check licensing issues for the assemblers.

Last edited by videoh; 17th April 2020 at 16:28.
Old 17th April 2020, 16:08   #13  |  Link
PRAGMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
Here is DGMPGDec built with VS 2019 and including a Tools directory containing the assemblers you need. The project correctly references the Tools directory so things build right out of the box. Enjoy.

<3 thanks!!!
Edit: Wouldnt it be a good idea to replace `dgmpgdec158.zip` with this one since its ultimately the same version and less people will run into compiling issues?
Old 17th April 2020, 16:18   #14  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
<3 thanks!!!
Edit: Wouldnt it be a good idea to replace `dgmpgdec158.zip` with this one since its ultimately the same version and less people will run into compiling issues?
Great idea. I'll have to check on a few things to be sure I'm street legal with re-distributing the assemblers. Maybe should have thought of that before giving up this link.

EDIT: Temporarily removed the link to get street legal. OK, I can redistribute nasm as long as I include the license file. I cannot redistribute masm. Fortunately, you can download MASM 6.15 directly from Microsoft:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...N-US/vcpp5.exe

Extract ml.exe and ml.err and place them in the Tools folder.

Last edited by videoh; 18th April 2020 at 17:08.
Old 18th April 2020, 17:06   #15  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Wouldn't it be a good idea to replace `dgmpgdec158.zip` with this one since its ultimately the same version and less people will run into compiling issues?
Done! My website now links a street legal 2019-buildable source distribution. The Tools directory contains a NASM executable and instructions to download MASM.

Tags
d2v, deinterlace, dvd, mpeg, vapoursynth