Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 19th September 2011, 20:56   #41  |  Link
pirlouy
_

These are errors reported by your smartplay:
Quote:
DIVX 5 :
Pin Connection Warning (Not an Error):
[Source File: Smart Play Graph].Video ---> [ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder].In
Code: There is no common media type between these pins. (80040207)
-----------
Could not find a suitable Decoder for "[Source File: Smart Play Graph].Video"
SubTypes:
{30355844-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
-----------
Could not create a Smart Play Graph, will now try a standard graph...
----
But I think I know where the problem is: I've disabled MPEG4 decoder in ffdshow because he "stole" LAV Filters.

But more important, I've found my real problem. In fact, I had MP3 DMO instead of LAV Audio but it was the same in GraphStudio. So in fact, it should be a bug in MPC-HC which does not see this decoder and goes directly on LAV Audio Decoder.

So forget about my (non) issue and I apology; at the contrary, the DirectShow filter creation works flawlessly in ZP. And when I've disabled Microsoft MP3 DMO, I've had LAV Audio.
pirlouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 13:42   #42  |  Link
jmonier

I see a problem with prefinal12 when using madVR and the TCP/IP interface. I have things set up so that if I get a Transport 'Stop' or 'Closed' response via TCP/IP, I issue a TCP/IP command to display the Media Library Navigator. This works under prefinal11 but NOT under prefinal12 when I issue a TCP/IP 'Stop' command. It works fine (under prefinal12 or 11) when I do a 'Stop' from the keyboard.

I can also do an 'Alt-M' or force the TCP/IP MediaNav manually and it will then work. From this last, I am thinking that there is now (prefinal12) a delay after the TCP/IP 'Stop' command before another TCP/IP command is recognized (or possibly just the MediaNav command), although I'm not sure of this.

This happens in either windowed or exclusive mode of madVR, although the delay required might be considerably greater in exclusive. (I'm not sure about this last, however.) Everything works fine under EVR.

Let me know what other info I can supply.
jmonier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 21:59   #43  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

pirlouy:
Cool, I'm glad it worked out.

jmonier:
Which application are you using to automate this process?
I don't think I changed anything in that part of the code between builds.
The only thing I can currently think of is maybe the keyboard anti-repeat mode (Adv. Options / Interface / Keyboard).

Please try to explain the issue with more details, perhaps include a log of the TCP/IP traffic.
Old 21st September 2011, 18:19   #44  |  Link
jmonier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight View Post
jmonier:
Which application are you using to automate this process?
I don't think I changed anything in that part of the code between builds.
The only thing I can currently think of is maybe the keyboard anti-repeat mode (Adv. Options / Interface / Keyboard).

Please try to explain the issue with more details, perhaps include a log of the TCP/IP traffic.
The TCP/IP Communication with ZP is handled by Lua code that I've written using the Lua Socket Library. While this code runs under Girder, it doesn't use any other Girder facilities, such as Events, Plug-Ins, Devices, etc. I've got a lot of code that does TCP/IP with no problems.

The code involved in this problem is simple: When I see the 1000 Event with a 0 or 1 (Closed or Stopped), I send out the 3 5110 Commands and then the 5100 Command to display the Media Navigator. That's it.

Here is the TCP/IP traffic with elapsed time in ms on the right. Nothing else is received (in either case) after the final fnStop response.

The prefinal11 results below are taken with madVR and are normal in all respects.

prefinal11:
Code:
To ZP:    5100 fnStop          000
From ZP:  1000 0 1             213
To ZP:    5110 exSetAR,2       213
To ZP:    5110 exBlanking,0    213
To ZP:    5110 exApplyPR,0     213
To ZP:    5100 fnMediaNav      213
From ZP:  1200 Aspect Ratio 1  231
From ZP:  2200 Derived 1       235
From ZP:  5110 exSetAR,2 1     235
From ZP:  1200 Blanking 1      240
From ZP:  5110 exBlanking,0 1  241
From ZP:  1200 Normal 1        248
From ZP:  5110 exApplyPR,0 1   249
From ZP:  3100 5 1             358
From ZP:  5100 fnMediaNav 1    438
From ZP:  1811 1 1             489
From ZP:  5100 fnStop 1        489
If I run prefinal12 with EVR instead of madVR, the results are the same as prefinal11 above. If I run it with madvr, but doing the Stop from the keyboard, the results are also the same as above (except that the fnStop entries are missing).

The results below use madVR and issue the Stop via TCP/IP. Note that it's the same in both windowed and exclusive mode of madVR.

prefinal12:
Code:
To ZP:    5100 fnStop          000
From ZP:  1000 0 1             207
To ZP:    5110 exSetAR,2       207
To ZP:    5110 exBlanking,0    207
To ZP:    5110 exApplyPR,0     207
To ZP:    5100 fnMediaNav      207
From ZP:  5110 exSetAR,2 1     219
From ZP:  5110 exBlanking,0 1  219
From ZP:  5110 exApplyPR,0 1   219
From ZP:  5100 fnMediaNav 1    219
From ZP:  1811 1 1             395
From ZP:  5100 fnStop 1        395

Note that, while prefinal12 results have the 5110 and 5100 acknowledgements of the commands, they are missing the 2200 and 3100 events indicating that the exSetAR and fnMediaNav commands are not being acted upon. (And the Media Navigator does not, in fact, appear.)

Also, the 1200 OSD Events are missing and the OSD's do not appear.

All of this seems to indicate that the four commands are not acted upon at all.

(Also note that the problem is still there if I remove the other 3 Commands and just leave the fnMediaNav.)

It thus appears that something that was changed in madVR handling upon Stop is the cause of the problem. The change below looks like a good candidate but you would know better than me on that.

- When using MadVR fullscreen exclusive mode in combination with auto-changing monitor resolution on fullscreen, exiting fullscreen did not restore the original monitor's resolution. Thanks Hawke.

The problem may even be in madVR but, if that's the case, it's something in ZP that triggers it.
Old 22nd September 2011, 22:33   #45  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

jmonitor:
Are you changing monitor resolution on fullscreen? This isn't something you indicated before.
If you're not, then this fix shouldn't cause the issue.
And in any case, your script code doesn't indicate a switch in or out of fullscreen.

You didn't answer my question regarding using Zoom Player's internal keyboard anti repeat rate, although I suspect it shouldn't make a difference.

Another question, did you enable MadVR's Seek Bar (by default it should be disabled in ZP, but in build 12 it was made optional)

Here's what I tried to duplicate the issue:
1. I used the latest version of ZP Comm example : http://inmatrix.com/zplayer/comm.shtml
2. I switched the player to MadVR (exclusive disabled) and switched to fullscreen on my second monitor.
3. I played a standard XVID AVI.
4. In ZP Comm, I sent:
5100 fnStop
5110 exSetAr,2
5100 fnMediaNav

The AR was changed and the media nav opened fine.
Can you try using ZPComm to see if it replicates on your system?

Finally, try to reset ZP settings to the default and see if it makes a difference.
Old 23rd September 2011, 00:42   #46  |  Link
jmonier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight View Post
jmonitor:
Are you changing monitor resolution on fullscreen? This isn't something you indicated before.
If you're not, then this fix shouldn't cause the issue.
And in any case, your script code doesn't indicate a switch in or out of fullscreen.
I mentioned this because it is a change that might occur upon Stop using madVR, but I'm not changing resolution.

Quote:
You didn't answer my question regarding using Zoom Player's internal keyboard anti repeat rate, although I suspect it shouldn't make a difference.
I didn't change anything here, although I tried it with "Only with API access" unchecked and it made no difference.

Quote:
Another question, did you enable MadVR's Seek Bar (by default it should be disabled in ZP, but in build 12 it was made optional)
No, it's disabled.

Quote:
Here's what I tried to duplicate the issue:
1. I used the latest version of ZP Comm example : http://inmatrix.com/zplayer/comm.shtml
2. I switched the player to MadVR (exclusive disabled) and switched to fullscreen on my second monitor.
3. I played a standard XVID AVI.
4. In ZP Comm, I sent:
5100 fnStop
5110 exSetAr,2
5100 fnMediaNav

The AR was changed and the media nav opened fine.
Can you try using ZPComm to see if it replicates on your system?
It worked with ZPComm, BUT there's a BIG difference. You're sending the other commands right after the fnStop. I'm sending them after I get the 1000 0 1 Event which doesn't occur until 200 ms after the fnStop is sent. So it would appear that they're blocked by something that occurs during or after the Stop processing.

Quote:
Finally, try to reset ZP settings to the default and see if it makes a difference.
I tried that and the Media Nav appeared, BUT, when I started the file again the image appeared in miniature in the upper left corner of the screen (but not in a window).

I'll try to investigate further tomorrow, but I hope you'll think about it some more in the interim.
Old 23rd September 2011, 06:20   #47  |  Link
jmonier

OK, I've found the option that causes the problem: Under Playback:Controls: 'Stop function closes the playing media file'.

If this is checked (which has been my normal setting forever) the problem occurs. If it is not checked, everything is ok.
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:18   #48  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

jmonier:
Cool, I'll try doing a more accurate bug-reproduction after the weekend and get back to you.
Old 23rd September 2011, 13:43   #49  |  Link
jmonier

Great, let me know if I can do anything else. I'm sticking with prefinal11 in the interim. FWIW, there is no change with prefinal13 (I didn't expect any).

Last edited by jmonier; 23rd September 2011 at 14:06.
Old 26th September 2011, 13:35   #50  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

jmonier:
I'm quite puzzled by this.
If the stop functions closes the file, then MadVR shouldn't have an affect as it's destroyed as soon as the graph closes.
I wasn't quite able to replicate the issue, so instead, I updated the ZP Comm sample (same link as before) to show a more coherent output.
See if you can post a screenshot of the traffic log recreating the issue using the updated Comm sample.

Although it probably wont make a difference, you can try a newer build:
http://t.inmatrix.com/zplayer800prefinal16.rar
Old 26th September 2011, 14:57   #51  |  Link
jmonier

I cannot reproduce the problem using the new ZP Comm. Here is the log:

*** Connected
IN 46ms : 0000 Zoom Player Home MAX
IN 46ms : 0001 8.00 RC3
IN 46ms : 1300 1
IN 46ms : 1000 3
IN 46ms : 1800 D:\Saved\Ballet\Nutcracker - Finale.mkv
IN 561ms : 1100 01:24 / 15:46
IN 1575ms : 1100 01:25 / 15:46
IN 2589ms : 1100 01:26 / 15:46
OUT 2667ms : 5100 fnStop
5110 exSetAr,2
5100 fnMediaNav

IN 2745ms : 1000 0
IN 2792ms : 1811 1
IN 2792ms : 5100 fnStop
IN 2792ms : 1200 Aspect Ratio: Derived (Recommended)
IN 2870ms : 2200 Derived (Recommended)
IN 2870ms : 5110 exSetAr,2
IN 2870ms : 3100 5
IN 2886ms : 5100 fnMediaNav
*** Disconnected

Are you sending the exSetAr and fnMediaNav AFTER receipt of the 1000 0? It doesn't look like it in the log although they're not timestamped.

I put in the three commands into ZP Comm as a block. Was that what you wanted?
Old 26th September 2011, 17:43   #52  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

jmonier:
When you type up multiple lines to send as a block, in the traffic log box, they will appear as one line starting with "OUT" and several additional lines of text.
The data itself is sent in one block, which ZP parses one line at a time.
In the log above, you sent all 3 commands as a block, unlike what you do with your script.

What I wanted you to do is try to replicate the issue as triggered by the lua script, but manually through ZP Comm so I can confirm the issue is in ZP and not in your lua script and so I can duplicate your actions without your script on hand.

Let me know if you can recreate the issue in ZP Comm
Old 26th September 2011, 19:00   #53  |  Link
jmonier

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that this "lockout" period (after the 1000 0 response) is long enough that this condition can be reproduced manually. I believe that it is less than 100 ms (I'm going to try to measure it more exactly). I (or you) can't possibly reproduce it manually.
Old 26th September 2011, 19:12   #54  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

jmonier:
Ah, ok...
So the problem only occurs if your script sends "5100 fnMediaNav" after receiving "1000 0" in under 100ms?
Double check that you have a value of "0" for both "Navigation" and "Functions" under "Adv. Options / Interface / Keyboard - Anti Repeat".
Old 26th September 2011, 19:20   #55  |  Link
jmonier

Yes, I just measured it and it works OK if I delay 100ms after receiving "1000 0". It fails if I delay 90 ms. This is using ONLY the fnMediaNav with none of the other commands.

I did double check and Anti Repeat are both set to "0". (I've never changed them.)

EDIT: I could certainly live with the 100 ms delay. It's just that it worked OK before and I would worry that the root cause might affect something else.

Last edited by jmonier; 26th September 2011 at 19:26.
Old 26th September 2011, 20:39   #56  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

jmonier:
The only thing I can think of is that there's a race condition and it's taking longer to kill MadVR.
Old 26th September 2011, 21:25   #57  |  Link
jmonier

Even so, why should killing madVR keep ZP from executing commands? I can sort of see command execution being delayed, but zapping them completely is bizarre since ZP definitely receives the commands.
Old 26th September 2011, 22:35   #58  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

jmonier:
I modified zp comm to trigger an event like your lua script.
It's just late, I've been at it all day and I'm wiped. I'll try to get to the bottom of this soon.
In the meantime, you have a temporary solution.
Old 27th September 2011, 16:39   #59  |  Link
jmonier

Here's another madVR bug that's associated with the Playback:Controls: 'Stop function closes the playing media file' option. It does go back to prefinal06 at least, though, so I'm not saying that it is related to my other bug. It's also somewhat dependent on the option being UNchecked, which is sort of the reverse.

The bug is in using the 1200 command to display a Pop-up OSD when nothing is playing. (I use this to superimpose a clock on the Media Navigator.) If the option above is UNchecked, the 1200 command does not work once a video has been played and then stopped. If the option is checked, then it works when the video is stopped ("1000 0" Response). It never works when the video goes to the end (always produces a "1000 1" response regardless of the option setting).

I'm presuming that the bug lies in the Pop-up OSD not being changed back from the madVR interface when the video is stopped (but somehow it is when the file is closed). The bug is not present when using EVR.

This is certainly in the same area as my other bug, but there are enough differences that it may be totally unrelated.

A related question is whether you intended that the option NOT affect the behavior when the video goes to the end.
Old 27th September 2011, 19:35   #60  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

jmonier:
It's not really a bug, it's a design choice with regards to MadVR. You see, ZP draws the OSD using MadVR's osd as long as MadVR is open, otherwise, the opening of windows (the OSD) can cause MadVR to miss/fail to switch to exclusive mode.

Tags
blu-ray, dvd, media player, zoom player