Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 5th September 2010, 15:20   #121  |  Link
xdes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdynlan View Post
Resource hacking an open-source program like MPC-HC, that sounds like fun
You cant resource hack the mpc to look like this. at least i dont know how. (and i am quite familiar with reshacking because i reshacked my whole windows and a lots of programs i use.) or if i am completely mistaken, how did you do it?

btw i was the one who hacked the volume bar and the seek slider. my topic on neowin:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/93...olumebar-hack/

i even was able to do something like this:

(yes, that line is moving with elapsed time.)

anyway, here are some help you may need.

the status bar is the dialog 10021.
the seek bar is the dialog 10022.
and if i am not mistaken the dialog 10020 is the controls bar.

however you cant do much with these with reshacker except than resizing it. it is complicated than that unfortunately. it requires hexediting to alter these parts. or you need to modify the source code and recompiling the whole program.

btw here is my reshacked and hexedited mpc:
http://noob.hu/2010/08/19/mpc-hc.png

Last edited by xdes; 5th September 2010 at 15:26.
Old 5th September 2010, 15:34   #122  |  Link
khagaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post
I hope you were referring to the dark background one...

I wouldn't say yuck though...
Yes I was referring to the dark one of course.

And the "yuck" referred to that stupid proposal to make the play button green, pause orange and stop red.

Yes, the dark design with a bit bigger buttons (I would say 24px is optimal) and possibly with customizable highlight color (but no stupid tricolor please, one color for all) would be nice.
Old 5th September 2010, 15:43   #123  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdes View Post
You cant resource hack the mpc to look like this. at least i dont know how. (and i am quite familiar with reshacking because i reshacked my whole windows and a lots of programs i use.) or if i am completely mistaken, how did you do it?
Perhaps if you will read the whole his post, you'll notice "Well, I took a different path" and "All work was done with custom draw - GDI stuff" and other important things.
Old 5th September 2010, 15:53   #124  |  Link
xdes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
Perhaps if you will read the whole his post, you'll notice "Well, I took a different path" and "All work was done with custom draw - GDI stuff" and other important things.
yes, but it just confused me a little bit. because he also said that it is a working progress, and he mentioned also reshacking.
he could have that gdi stuff before the reshacking process as a blueprint or something like that.
ok, sorry.
Old 7th September 2010, 15:41   #125  |  Link
RNiK

@bobdynlan - Nice work!
Old 13th September 2010, 22:39   #126  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Are none of the skinners here interested in the logo and icons contest? http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156694
Old 15th September 2010, 10:10   #127  |  Link
bebert

AutoHotkey MPC-HC control floating bar with popup menus for panscan numpad, audio, subs etc..
script currently under development.

screenies:

slim version:

all functions invoked by 1 left mouse click only !
may be of interest to the MPC-HC community

best in a dual monitor set up
Old 15th September 2010, 12:44   #128  |  Link
cyrilp

If i may tell... this is rather Ugly !
Old 15th September 2010, 15:10   #129  |  Link
Dark Eiri

This is a nice skin. That up there, sir, is not.
Old 15th September 2010, 17:02   #130  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Eiri View Post

This is a nice skin. That up there, sir, is not.
Is this an MPC-HC skin? If it is, where can I find it?

Thanks
Old 15th September 2010, 21:30   #131  |  Link
Dark Eiri

That is the KMPlayer default skin. And I don't see the need for multicolored giant buttons everywhere in yellow, green, pink and orange. Less is more, guys. Keep it simple, keep it functional.
Old 15th September 2010, 21:37   #132  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Taste if personal, if bebert wants his player to look like that then he should be able to do it.

bebert, go ahead and post how you did that.
Old 15th September 2010, 22:26   #133  |  Link
Dark Eiri

I'm talking about a new "default" GUI. That wouldn't work.
Old 15th September 2010, 22:50   #134  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Yes, default gui has to be minimalistic.
Old 17th September 2010, 17:51   #135  |  Link
bobdynlan
Beyond the Corn Border

Download: x86 build vs2008 and x64 build vs2008 and source code

I have only tested old rev, but this build is with latest svn. Will test later when I steal some time. Don't laugh at my code, I'm just starting doing stuff like this. And I put quite some work against that *#&$ MFC that does not let you do what you want how you want.

Tip: check Tweaks
bebert : psychedelic!
Old 17th September 2010, 18:13   #136  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I briefly looked over the code, and it doesn't look as bad as you claim it is. Surely there are some hacks in there, but working with MFC is always rather painful.

I'll try to run it later.
Old 17th September 2010, 19:19   #137  |  Link
Ger

bobdynlan's r2575 mod works great here.

I've gotten used to bigger buttons, so here are a couple of alternative screenshots, using bobdynlan's exe and round black 32x32 toolbar from here.

Windowed:

Full screen:

EDIT: By the way, if longinus525 happens to be reading this, any chance you could make a version of your glossy toolbar that looks better with the dark background? The dark buttons are barely visible now.

Last edited by Ger; 17th September 2010 at 19:36.
Old 17th September 2010, 20:46   #138  |  Link
mariush

Maybe you guys can get "inspired" by some Winamp skins... if I may suggest (of course, maybe not so tiny but scaled up a bit I think they'd look pretty well):

http://www.winamp.com/skin/cleanamp-v2/146899

http://www.winamp.com/skin/milk-v1/171470

http://www.winamp.com/skin/charcoal/163390

http://www.winamp.com/skin/easy-listening/192687

http://www.winamp.com/skin/neuramp-blue/147713

... and these ones mostly for the actual button design

http://www.winamp.com/skin/multipass/142635

http://www.winamp.com/skin/minima/131340

http://www.winamp.com/skin/moodlogic-skin/120121
Old 17th September 2010, 21:43   #139  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdynlan View Post
Old 18th September 2010, 02:21   #140  |  Link
bobdynlan
Beyond the Corn Border

For those not having the heart to try it out:

This is an almost plug&play mod. I've high-jacked the "Don't use XP-theming..." to enable or disable it at runtime without restart (but some leaks may still be present so don't abuse it). This pnp thing took more than the actual design but the gain in usability was worth the trouble. So you will be switching it on or off from the Tweaks Page. Note that off is not 100% the same as the non-mod, because I have removed some borders. Two overall colours can also be selected in Tweaks, face and outline. The custom toolbar.bmp resource uses (0,0,0) for button face and (128,128,128) for button outline - those two will be replaced with your own. The seek bar will use them in the same matter, but the volume control will use them as left/right (could be undesirable sometimes, but it is fine as default).

Next (main) feature is the seamless gradient background between the toolbar and the seekbar. The toolbar also uses custom glass-like highlight. I would say it's better than default W7 because it aligns the mask to the center of the buttons and it better highlights selected buttons. Also it tries to blend in the separators. Disabled buttons are painted only on the outline. The volume control is redesigned. Ditched the thumb. Has different looks for mute/play and uses the custom colours for selected/not selected areas. Ditched the thumb from the seek bar, too. Useless when you can click anywhere on the channel. An added (or removed in some pov's) functionality, is that it will update media to position only after mouse drag ends. The default behaviour killed my speakers most of the times when used with a touch-pad. And feels choppy with mouse anyway.

Some cosmetic changes applied to the status and info bars. Blend in with the toolbar by removing the 3dframe. Will hide most of the white flicker on the right+down sides when window is resized from the left. The playlist has only the background and default text color updated and the borders around reduced. Did not want to mess with sizecbar component. Changed noaudio/mono/stereo images also. Pleasant sound waves should never be drawn as straight lines, better of without them

As Ger pointed out, this mod can be used with your custom toolbar buttons, it will not update those.
And this concludes my mod. Please keep mod-related bugs out of main thread, use this one instead.

About performance now: I've cared about looks first, and less code added second. Many things could be improved, but don't expect wonders. tetsuo55, nothing can beat performance-wise the 3(three) GDI lines that create the default volume control. Not even dots, as those are even more taxing Something may be squished from the gradient fill, uses default function that should be hwacc (but not for the seekbar - uses an offscreen dc because I had some bad experience with flickering on W7 basic theme).

I use this one on my ageing crt, helps reduce screen afterglow and does not burn my eyes on popup Presenting the very first easter egg: pure pink color (RGB 255,0,255) is used as a mask color and will be painted transparent.
Closed Thread

Tags
mpc-hc