Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th June 2009, 04:16   #1  |  Link
maxasspayne

New method of Decrypting T2 WMV-HD?

So I'm looking for a way to copy and play Terminator 2 in HD from disc 2 of the "Extreme Edition" DVD without resorting to use InterActual Player and w/o having to acquire a license each and every time I want to watch the damn movie!

I followed the old links from here and noticed that the methods listed are a bit dated (from 2005, and using WMP version 9). So I'm wondering if there is a new, updated way to play this movie (in WMP 11, MPC, or VLC)?
maxasspayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 21:03   #2  |  Link
maxasspayne

^ Bump. If there is no new way of decrypting T2, what is the proper way to be able to decrypt this and play it back using either VLC, MPC, or WMP 11? When I searched on these boards, it mentioned to use the JP version of WMP9? Is there a way around that so I don't have to downgrade?
Old 10th June 2009, 21:17   #3  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!
Quote:
without resorting to use InterActual Player
Although I'm not personally familiar with that DVD package, I'd ask:

Are you saying it WILL play (without acquiring a license each time), by simply using the (presumably included) "InterActual Player"?

If so, what's the problem with using that player?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 03:28   #4  |  Link
maxasspayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
Are you saying it WILL play (without acquiring a license each time), by simply using the (presumably included) "InterActual Player"?

If so, what's the problem with using that player?
No. Even when using the InterActual spyware DVD junk, it still resorts to connecting in an attempt to acquire a license. Interestingly enough, the server to acquire said license has been down the past couple of days (haven't tried it today, though). This was confirmed to me by a user on another forum.

I wonder how people will start reacting in a few years when people who own BD-Live bonus-filled Blu-Ray movies realize that their online-only specials can no longer be accessed due to hosting content - like in the case here and on the T2 Skynet Blu-Ray - up on the internet

That being said, I should also add to this post that I tried using TuneBite (shutters at the thought) to rip/decrypt it on to my HDD to no avail (and also royally screwed up my firewall and nVidia Display panel! )
Any other alternatives, ideas?
Old 19th June 2009, 21:32   #5  |  Link
lchiu7

Way back when this was topical I went through the arcane process of getting the JP version of WMP9 and and using the custom code to crack the encryption. I ended up with 4 files, each about 2G from memory of the unencrypted movie in WMV format but with WMVHD audio. It was only playable on a PC and not that useful really. In the end I picked up the BD version which has improved resolution and is somewhat easier to play!

This was an experiment in DRM that placed so much effort on the consumer, that it's clear why it was discontinued.
lchiu7 is offline   Reply With Quote