Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 7th March 2008, 01:53   #1221  |  Link
raynor

Hi,

Any chance of internal MPEG2 support coming to
the 64-Bit version in the future ?

That would be a real treat for all the Vista Business
users out there
Old 7th March 2008, 03:47   #1222  |  Link
ADude

I installed this over the previous stable version of MPC-HC.

I have CoreAVC preferred and the new version left that as the operating H264 decoder.

I tried an HD VC-1 file and the internal decoder worked fine. The picture quality looked equivalent to WM decoder (from memory). I checked and both cores were in use. Casimir - can you talk about the multi-core support in the new internal decoders ? (While the DXVA support is more unique, I think that the multi-core support will actually be used more.)

I also noticed that the new internal decoder also supports Xvid and other MPEG4 formats, which got lost amongst the hoopla over H264 and VC-1.

A second question for Casimir - during playback, the internal decoder options dialog says:

DXVA Mode

and then next to it in faint grey:

Not Using DXVA

Is that a reliable real-time indication that the MPC internal decoder has analyzed the graphics card capabilities and found a lack of DXVA support ? (The Enable DXVA is checked by default)
Old 7th March 2008, 08:29   #1223  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoty View Post
i have test MPC-hc under Vista SP1 x64 with EVR but DXVA not working. i use the x86 Version with x86 Codecs and i have a Nvidia 8800 GTS and use the driver 174.16 beta. EVR is activate but DXVA is not in use. what is the problem? i use the latest ffdshow and haali splitter.
No ffdshow allowed for Dxva sorry (read explanation on my website)

@MasterNobody
Yes i have forgot to put VSFilter

@raynor
Could be added for software mode yes :-)

@ADude
In software mode decoding use ffmpeg codec, so it's based on ffmpeg multithreading (default is as much threads as CPU core).
About DXVA mpc didn't "analyse" machine, he only sugest "Hey Video Renderer, come on I support DXVA if you want". After than, the renderer accept or not the proposition of the video decoder (and if third part filter didn't interfere with the negociation).
Since mpc didn't have "pre cabled" graph building, that's the reason it will not works if some conditions are broken.

The checkbox only indicate if filter propose DXVA to the decoder, the grayed label show the real Dxva status.
Old 7th March 2008, 09:02   #1224  |  Link
TheShadowRunner

Hey guys, I was wondering what exact purpose has the filter called "subtitlesource.ax" ?

Is it possible to use it to achieve DXVA + subtitles in Graphedit?

(for exemple render a MKV with h264 stream in DXVA while adding subtitles on top of it?)

I tried and loaded "MPC SubtitleSource" (S_TXT/UTF8)" in graphedit which prompted me to specify the subtitle file.

After this, I connect Cyberlink h264 decoder to pin1 of VMR9 renderer and try to connect the MPC-SubtitleSource to pin2, so that DXVA is achieved with external subtitles, but connection to VMR9 pin2 is refused.

Am I missing a filter?
Thanks for any help.

TSR
Old 7th March 2008, 11:44   #1225  |  Link
Scoty

@Casimir666

i have read and i have select EVR but DXVA not working ??
Old 7th March 2008, 14:01   #1226  |  Link
wyrd

Hi casimir,_xxl
Thank you for your efforts.

I've seen weird behavior when i play this trailer.
link: http://trailers.gametrailers.com/gt_..._jp_5_h264.mov
mirror: http://tirnanog.fate.jp/tmp/sample/m..._jp_5_h264.mov
Code:
file info. from MediaInfo
Codec                        : Sorenson 3
Codec/Info                   : Sorenson Media Video 3 (Apple QuickTime 5)
PlayTime                     : 2mn 42s
Bit rate                     : 3092 Kbps
Width                        : 960 pixels
Height                       : 540 pixels
Display Aspect ratio         : 16/9
Frame rate                   : 29.970 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)           : 0.199
StreamSize                   : 59.9 MiB
settings:
turn off H264/AVC(DXVA), turn on SVQ3 , and use internal MP4/MOV splitter.
http://tirnanog.fate.jp/tmp/snap/mpc...ng_for_mov.jpg
It is not played then.(it seems to use DXVA)
http://tirnanog.fate.jp/tmp/snap/mpc..._mov(svq3).jpg

can anyone confirm?

btw, which FPS indication is correct? (internal:25fps , haali:29.97fps)
Or is this ffdshow's issue?
http://tirnanog.fate.jp/tmp/snap/mpc-hc_fps.jpg

Thanks a lot.
Old 7th March 2008, 21:35   #1227  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

@Scoty

Remember that you have to use the built in decoder and that some encodes are not dvxa possible due to hardware not supporting some h264 "levels".
Old 7th March 2008, 22:35   #1228  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrd View Post
It is not played then.(it seems to use DXVA)
can anyone confirm?
Bug confirmed : release 1.1 try to use DXVA for Sorenson video.
Old 7th March 2008, 23:12   #1229  |  Link
lateko

Would anyone be able to help with my problem. I've got winXP with Ati2400pro. Using MPC-HC dxva on works just fine. Only problem i get is when watching 720p mkv material with embedded subs.

Subtitles work just fine with acceleration using VMR9 renderless, but there's maybe about height of 10-20 pixels part in the bottom of the image which is kinda distorted or incorrectly decoded. It looks like it happens only when file is exactly 720p mkv with embedded subs. 1080p with embedded or 720p with external subs work just flawlessly.

An example:
Old 7th March 2008, 23:41   #1230  |  Link
pdanpdan

video not closing

I have a problem with mpc/mpchc on win xp sp2, latest directx, all renderers. After opening a video file (no matter which container or encoder is used), when I use close (CTRL+C), the window returns to initial size but the movie keeps playing. If I open another movie, they both play in the same mpc window, with the first one visible - like an overlay between the 2 movies. Do you have any suggestion on a possible cause?
Thank you
Old 8th March 2008, 02:39   #1231  |  Link
DrNein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
After a long period of beta testing, Mpc-hc release 1.1 is officialy available on Source Forge. All standalone filters are also present for 32 and 64 bits platforms. My website is also updated with explanation on how to make Dxva works.
Muchos gracias!

On your website though, the DxVA rules for XP are wrong/incomplete in regards to renderer selection. Please see here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...90#post1104690
Old 8th March 2008, 02:49   #1232  |  Link
Pheon

Hi, I'm using Vista x64 with an 8600 M GT, EVR custom preset, uninstalled ffdshow, and I'm trying to play an h264 mkv file with DXVA. When I look at the MPC video decoder properties, it says H.264 bitstream decoder, no FGT. However, the video doesn't play at all. The time elapsed stays at 0:00 and the screen is just black. I tried another h264 mkv file and this one had sound and subtitles but a black screen for video. This one said it wasn't using DXVA. Also, with all my xvid files I tried playing again there's audio and subtitles but black screen video. I tried using the 32 bit version and all the videos that played with a black screen worked properly, however the ones that indicated that they were using DXVA and didn't play at all still didn't play. Could this be a problem with the 64 bit version of the MPC video decoder filter? Also, thanks for all your hard work on MPC HC! Really enjoying it so far!
Old 8th March 2008, 03:06   #1233  |  Link
jhoff80

x64 version isn't working for me as soon as DXVA is turned off.

Also, will there be a way to turn off DXVA for the standalone filter? I ask because as mentioned earlier, I do have major blockyness with some older encodes that are apparently non-compliant. Since I no longer have the original MPEG2 capture source, I can't reencode. I do have a fast enough CPU for decoding in software, I just would like to use a filter for decoding other than ffdshow, since ffdshow crashes the Windows Media Center Receiver Service.

Last edited by jhoff80; 8th March 2008 at 03:09.
Old 8th March 2008, 06:54   #1234  |  Link
thuan

@casimir: your latest version works really well over here in DXVA mode for a bunch of anime fansubs I have watched. Video card is 2400XT, Catalyst 8.3 and Vista 32bit SP1. There's a little annoyance though, when using EVR Custom for DXVA2 to work, softsub appears faster than the movie due to EVR buffering. Can you add an auto subtitle delay feature or add an option to disable EVR buffering? Or is there any other way around it?
Old 8th March 2008, 08:30   #1235  |  Link
_xxl
ffdshow user

mpc-hc r.446:
http://rapidshare.com/files/97907660/mplayerc.zip.html
Old 8th March 2008, 11:34   #1236  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Aspect Ratio Signalling Observation

Anamorphic MPEG-4 Part-2 and Part-10 video streams encoded with aspect ratio signalling and muxed within the .MP4 (or .AVI) container, are not displayed correctly.

However, anamorphic MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video streams encoded with aspect ratio signalling and muxed within the .MP4, .MPG and .VOB containers are displayed correctly.

I'm using VMR9 (renderless). Do I need to select some other settings/options?

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 8th March 2008 at 13:34.
Old 8th March 2008, 13:04   #1237  |  Link
avivahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheon View Post
Hi, I'm using Vista x64 with an 8600 M GT, EVR custom preset, uninstalled ffdshow, and I'm trying to play an h264 mkv file with DXVA. When I look at the MPC video decoder properties, it says H.264 bitstream decoder, no FGT. However, the video doesn't play at all. The time elapsed stays at 0:00 and the screen is just black. I tried another h264 mkv file and this one had sound and subtitles but a black screen for video. This one said it wasn't using DXVA. Also, with all my xvid files I tried playing again there's audio and subtitles but black screen video. I tried using the 32 bit version and all the videos that played with a black screen worked properly, however the ones that indicated that they were using DXVA and didn't play at all still didn't play. Could this be a problem with the 64 bit version of the MPC video decoder filter? Also, thanks for all your hard work on MPC HC! Really enjoying it so far!
Same here. Vista x64. Happens on both the x86 and the x64 versions of MPC-HC. Happens on x86-Rev446 xxl posted above as well.
Video card: Geforce 8800GT. Forceware 169.25 (latest).
File: mkv file. Containing 720p (1280x528) x264 video and AC3-5.1-640kbit audio.

Video stays at frame 0 and not playing (not hearing the audio, since it's not going forward). Player stays w/ a black screen.

Doesn't show even when turning off the DXVA in the internal h264 MPC filter (ALTHOUGH, player does go forward and audio CAN be heard).

Tried both EVR and EVR-Custom.
Old 8th March 2008, 13:31   #1238  |  Link
flanger216

Still getting green screens in all H264 content at all resolutions on my Geforce 8600 GT when using DXVA / EVR custom. Any suggestions?
Old 8th March 2008, 13:38   #1239  |  Link
avivahl

Well, could anybody get DXVA working with any nvidia 8-series card? (preferably on Vista x64...)

Last edited by avivahl; 8th March 2008 at 14:08. Reason: English as a second language... ;)
Old 8th March 2008, 14:15   #1240  |  Link
JohnLai

Quote:
Originally Posted by avivahl View Post
Same here. Vista x64. Happens on both the x86 and the x64 versions of MPC-HC. Happens on x86-Rev446 xxl posted above as well.
Video card: Geforce 8800GT. Forceware 169.25 (latest).
File: mkv file. Containing 720p (1280x528) x264 video and AC3-5.1-640kbit audio.

Video stays at frame 0 and not playing (not hearing the audio, since it's not going forward). Player stays w/ a black screen.

Doesn't show even when turning off the DXVA in the internal h264 MPC filter (ALTHOUGH, player does go forward and audio CAN be heard).

Tried both EVR and EVR-Custom.
Well, I also encounter the same problem. Video don't start, black screen and no audio. Although if I turn off the dxva, the media will play, but no dxva. >.< Using latest forceware beta driver, windows xp, VMR9 renderless, geforce 8500gt.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc